Conceptual video of improved melee combat

+

Melee combat in CP2077 is very unsatisfying at the moment thanks to buggy sound effects and absence of motion blur or camera shaking. I just wish CDPR would address this issue soon.

I wish there was more of a crack to the nanowire. I get that it's not a normal whip but at the minute it doesn't feel impactful at all.

The parry was a bit comical sounding but I liked the kill sound. I think the main issue with melee is there just needs to be more variance to the parry and kill animations. They need to play doom lol.

No Thank You! I hate Combat "fireworks". This is not street fighter or final fantasy. I might agree with you on some of the sound effects and every games combat I have seen could use more visceral effects such as getting knocked around and tripping.

However I want nothing that removes any more of the immersion and realism. I have been in Medieval Martial Arts for over 40 years and all those 40 plus years I woefully pined for good game combat.

Thank God todays game developers are starting to get away from combat fire works (n) and do it right:

AND you do not have to remove fantasy from the game to keep the relative realism. If a movie like Conan the Barbarian or Kill Bill did the visual effects you are suggesting in their sword fights most people would hate it.

Last edited:
I'm not asking for over the top sound effects. Like I mentioned before, the parry SE is a bit much. But more variance in the melee animations would help the combat feel more engaging. Every firearm has it's own empty/partial reload animation and system check animation. Why doesn't melee have this same attention is all I wonder. There should be a stealth kill animation for every single melee weapon. It doesn't make sense V sheaves his/her Katana to break a dudes neck.

Top Bottom