Concerns about population density in Novigrad and Oxenfurt ( video linked )

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this comparisons pointless without knowing the time of day. People have day/night schedules, so during different times of the day different places will be emptier or more crowded

Sorry but even the horse on the left is gone thats just dull, expected to be like the 2014 screenshot, not that 2015.

It´s always funny to see people panic, close before a game they waited for so long gets released!

Always makes my waiting time much more shorter, reading all those fears and doubts.

Especially the guy that thinks about the 7 day refund....just to good, you made my day.

But seriously guys.....you will be blown away by the game, just don´t fall into this panic trap of people trying to stir up some rumours or suspicions. The game will be fantastic, EVERY review to this day has stated that....and that was for the PS4 version....the PC version will be MUCH better. Have no fear. ;)

I don't think that alone can make the difference. Both NPCs inside and outside are a part of the atmosphere of a living city. The game doesn't have to render NPCs that are out of sight, so the ones that are indoors shouldn't affect those who are walking outside. But fortunately the signs point to a possibility that their numbers will be increased to more suitable levels either in the Day One patch or soon afterwards, if the discussion above has any merit.
It's not about rendering out of sight NPCs. This isn't GTA 5. Each NPC was hand crafted and they all have their own home and their own activity cycle for day and night.

It´s always funny to see people panic, close before a game they waited for so long gets released!

Always makes my waiting time much more shorter, reading all those fears and doubts.

Especially the guy that thinks about the 7 day refund....just to good, you made my day.

But seriously guys.....you will be blown away by the game, just don´t fall into this panic trap of people trying to stir up some rumours or suspicions. The game will be fantastic, EVERY review to this day has stated that....and that was for the PS4 version....the PC version will be MUCH better. Have no fear. ;)

I have no doubts that the PC version will be much better than the console versions, however every game developer(well not sure about that, just my own theory without basis) that makes a game on Both PC and Console always have to compromise something in the game...

It's defiantly not a time of day issue since I have seen screenshots from midday to afternoon where only 5 NPCs are at the fish market - 5 NPCs in the busiest seaport in the north. I won't post them here because I am not sure what is allowed in that regard but it is easily found on the interwebs.

Anyway I sure hope it's a bug because one of the key features in TW3 is suppose to be the living breathing eco system of 1000 of inhabitants spread througout Novigrad and it kind of loses a great deal of it's merits if only 5 NPCs are present in a busy crowded marketplace.

Don't get me wrong I am not asking for AC:U standards but I would expect a busy city like Novigrad or Oxenfurt for that matter to be crowded with people at all times a day accept maybe nights. This game is suppose to be next gen isn't it? Then it makes no sense that it have even less NPCs counts that last gen could handle in other games.

Its probably forbidden but if u did played the pc version ?, can u make a screenshot of the exact same location, then i know for sure people are not messing around with my brain, if thats alowed ofcourse.

Oh for the love of Freya... it isn't a static game you won't find the same things and people at the same place all the time, and as pointed out there a bug with the NPC spawn that been fixed in Day 1

Here, a screenie with E3 2014 PC compared to review PS4, Notice how it has MORE NPCs? It's not some random reduction of everything. I swear some people are so eager to jump to conclusions...

1:35 in the 37 min vid on OPs post they say it themselves Several thousands of inhabitants.

This portains to NPC or else they are just leading people to believe in something that's not there. *cough* false advertising *cough*

several thousand= 7000 thousand?

1:35 in the 37 min vid on OPs post they say it themselves Several thousands of inhabitants.

This portains to NPC or else they are just leading people to believe in something that's not there. *cough* false advertising *cough*
Considering there are more than 2000 openable doors in Novigrad, I would say more than a 1000 NPCs is a given.

Oh for the love of Freya... it isn't a static game you won't find the same things and people at the same place all the time, and as pointed out there a bug with the NPC spawn that been fixed in Day 1

Here, a screenie with E3 2014 PC compared to review PS4, Notice how it has MORE NPCs? It's not some random reduction of everything. I swear some people are so eager to jump to conclusions...

Now this is what i wanted to see thanks moderator :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom