Concerns about the game's quality

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerns about the game's quality

If CDP releases screens that suddenly look significantly worse (in image quality, not art style or content) than previous ones or videos, they should clarify why that is, whatever the reason. Otherwise people are going to speculate and expect downgrades to be imminent, which can quickly turn into terrible PR.

Also, some "insider" (confirmed by gaf admins) is claiming that the game as advertised by PR doesn't exist and that CDP has been in crunch for a year trying to make it work.
That sounds possibly worrying too, although I give CDP benefit of the doubt since they haven't let me down yet (apart from the BS with xbox collectors edition).

Yes Ive seen it.I take it with a grain of salt for now because it is too scary to comprehend

Giving credence to any random generic statements on the internet made by random individual(s) for no reason? Why? Would you do the same in real life?
Neogaf has stick rules about "insiders" that have info from inside studios and when they dont proof to mods that they really work in videogame bussness or are insiders they are banned.

Banhammer of neogaf aka Bishop verified this guy ... so to some degree info is truth thats why drama on neogaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132744341&postcount=359

Last edited:
That "CBOAT" guy was plenty wrong a lot of times and wasn't banned for those, dunno if that changed later.

That "CBOAT" guy was plenty wrong a lot of times and wasn't banned for those, dunno if that changed later.

But he was right a lot of times also and it was showed after time, so he was banned and then unbanned time after time.

So probalby they confirmed that he was insider that had hands on W3.He didnt tell anything yet specifically and ppls are really panicking.High hype tends to switch to high histery also. :D

I got pre-ordered CE and i dont intend to cancel it :)

Last edited:
Could be legit. It could be some former dev with some grudge against CDPR, who knows. But being here among reasonable people, instead of flipping the FUCK OUT like they do at NeoGAF I will just continue to pay close attention to the game, as I have been doing all this time.

It's October now. The game comes out at the end of February and that's when the PR machine will bring its biggest guns out. If I don't like the look of the game, if it seems broken, if I feel something is off with the game I will cancel my pre-order of CE just like I've done it with Watch_Dogs.

But... this being CDPR and not Ubisoft... or EA... or Activision. I'm willing to trust them. Didn't dissapoint me all those years ago with The Witcher 1 - and they went through HELL to finish that game. Just chill people, let's wait and see.

He has been cleared by GAF mods, so apparently there might be something to what he says.

I am not cancelling my GOG or CE preorder just yet though. Giving CDP benefit of the doubt.

Well as long as it is graphics and not every thing else. Such as the giant grabbing ice from the cave ceiling. Brain dead ai is a big no,no

Jupiter_on_Mars

Well, this is escalating rather quickly and in an ugly fashion.

Initially, I didn't put any stock in his words, but given he's been cleared and double-checked, I wish he would at least expand upon his extremely fuzzy and thus unfalsifiable innuendo. From what I gather though, he shows no intention of doing that. Until he does, I am not minding his words, not a great deal at least.

My stance is actually the opposite of his. I believe CD Projekt is being brutally honest here. Until proven wrong, I take it they've reached the honest and humbling conclusion they can't possibly deliver on the graphical fidelity promised in the initial showings and that the latest screenshots are their perhaps clumsy attempt at conveying precisely that.

Last edited:
Sitting here, drinking tea during a study break for my final medschool exam next week I find this all very amusing...I am not worried about the outcome in any way. I will probably buy the game when it is out next year...and until then I am also still happy with my radeon 6850...getting of the hype train really helps :)
Even if the looks should not be "perfect" it will still be an awesome gaming experience, and thats what counts in the end!

I'm not "buying" the GAF statement just because some internet guy wrote it, regardless of if he sounds honest or not, and some internet moderator confirmed his reliability. That being said, I'm considering his words in light of what has been shown - and said - so far, and I'm growing skeptical for the first time. A moderate form of skeptical, but skeptical nevertheless.

I can't engage in a technical debate about it, so don't ask. As a layman, what I've seen in terms of graphics and animations, without analyzing it, has been lessening in quality with every new footage. It's not just that, though. Be it the world size or the alchemy system, the Reds have been stuttering from one different answer to another. Combined with the latest batch of screenshots, I can't shake off the feeling that something weird is happening there.

They still have a few months to wow us, and I honestly hope they do. But this is the first time that the possibility of them overreaching feels like an actual... possibility, to me. "Their track record" counter argument doesn't convince me. They're a company with two games, and while the first Witcher was a lot of fun, it didn't "amaze". TW2 amazed, but going based on one game in a company's history, out of two, that was stunning, I'm not so confident that they can necessarily pull it off again. Especially when you consider that in this third product of theirs they're doing two major new things, which is developing simultaneously on multiple platforms, and going Open World for the first time.

I hope they'll make me eat my words come January with PR's big guns, and especially come February with the game itself. But I'm more cautious at the moment.

I'm not "buying" the GAF statement just because some internet guy wrote it, regardless of if he sounds honest or not, and some internet moderator confirmed his reliability. That being said, I'm considering his words in light of what has been shown - and said - so far, and I'm growing skeptical for the first time. A moderate form of skeptical, but skeptical nevertheless.

I can't engage in a technical debate about it, so don't ask. As a layman, what I've seen in terms of graphics and animations, without analyzing it, has been lessening in quality with every new footage. It's not just that, though. Be it the world size or the alchemy system, the Reds have been stuttering from one different answer to another. Combined with the latest batch of screenshots, I can't shake off the feeling that something weird is happening there.

They still have a few months to wow us, and I honestly hope they do. But this is the first time that the possibility of them overreaching feels like an actual... possibility, to me. "Their track record" counter argument doesn't convince me. They're a company with two games, and while the first Witcher was a lot of fun, it didn't "amaze". TW2 amazed, but going based on one game in a company's history, out of two, that was stunning, I'm not so confident that they can necessarily pull it off again. Especially when you consider that in this third product of theirs they're doing two major new things, which is developing simultaneously on multiple platforms, and going Open World for the first time.

I hope they'll make me eat my words come January with PR's big guns, and especially come February with the game itself. But I'm more cautious at the moment.

Wasn't the entire map already finished? i was under the assumption they were in the optimizing phase.

Could be legit. It could be some former dev with some grudge against CDPR, who knows. But being here among reasonable people, instead of flipping the FUCK OUT like they do at NeoGAF I will just continue to pay close attention to the game, as I have been doing all this time.

It's October now. The game comes out at the end of February and that's when the PR machine will bring its biggest guns out. If I don't like the look of the game, if it seems broken, if I feel something is off with the game I will cancel my pre-order of CE just like I've done it with Watch_Dogs.

But... this being CDPR and not Ubisoft... or EA... or Activision. I'm willing to trust them. Didn't dissapoint me all those years ago with The Witcher 1 - and they went through HELL to finish that game. Just chill people, let's wait and see.

Ok, I'm behind here, didn't realize the neoGAF insider was being discussed.

On the graphics, I feel neoGAF is freaking the hell out over nothing. The fidelity in the new screens is the same as anything we've seen to date, just different lighting. Only the wolf fur stands out because it isn't using the Nvidia tech. As for the insider, that is concerning. There's been rumors of CDPR biting off more than they can chew and working in a haphazard manner. I hate think they're putting their employees through crunch hell to get the game out, and I hate to think they've overblown the promises.

Afaik this "Anaxymenes" guy is some indie dev (real initials B.P.) who's making up this shit based on stuff he heard from ex CDPR devs. I'd take just about everything this poster wrote with a huge heap of salt.

How'd you find that out?

That is untrue if you looked at the footage from the Xbox E3 stage demo on Gamersyde, and compared it to the screen shots that were released recently. ANd note we are mostly talking about the Console version of the game, not the PC. They are a PC developer first, so I and other's are not worried about the PC version. If they game is as good as the 30 minute preview they showed then I'm not worried.

But I can see people getting upset if they have already preordered the game based off of the E3 and previous videos shown of the game. It could be a Watchdogs scenario all over again, and that to gamers is depressing. Especially to ones who bought the CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom