Concerns about too many distractions from main storyline

+

Concerns about too many distractions from main storyline

• Too many distractions? There is no such thing in an RPG.

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • Yes the open world is going to ruin the story's narrative.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I am concerned but cautiously optimisitc.

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I think CDPR will get it just right.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • I have no idea ... ask me on June 1st.

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thinking about this, we did have those "categorised quests" in the form of fist fighting in each area you visited, dice poker, arm wrestling and so on, which were fairly 'you know what's going to happen' for the most part. The difference is that they did have a degree of flavour more than the AC side quests already to some extent (the might Numa is a fraud, the fist fighting in flotsam leads to knowing something about loredo, the fist fighting in act 2 gets you an avenger in act 3...), so all i can think of this comparison is that yeah the Witcher 2 did have some categorised quests, but they still had a story and some nice little twists to them despite being upfront about what they were about. I imagine much would be the same for the Witcher 3 -- maybe to the same degree, maybe even more so.

Perhaps it's better then to say that these are more "side activities" than true quests as they have little motivation to initiate beyond a little bit of coin and some fun but have deeper rewards. It may then be more prudent to say that Assassin's Creed games had no true "side quests" and only had theme park distraction activities with no impact on the world itself.

Regardless of how they may or may not be categorized, I doubt we'll see 20-50 activities all identical in nature that have no impact on the world itself.

Top Bottom