Conflict with Cat School of Witchers?

+
Conflict with Cat School of Witchers?

In the "Ending Cutscene Discussion" thread, Petra Silie said that she half-remembered that there'd been a conflict between the witchers of the Wolf school at Kaer Morhen and the witchers of the Cat school: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3975.msg433451#msg433451.This sounds like big news! Can those lucky folks who've read the entire series tell the rest of us more about this?Thanks!

Actually, the battle at Kaer Morhen, to which Petra Silie refers, wasn't much of a battle. A slaughter more likely. A brutal crowd attacked while there were mostly youngsters. Not a word about Cat school disciples.Properly speaking, taking into accout the witchers' purpose - protection of humans and extermination of monsters - it would seem strange if they fought with each other. No reason at all. Of course, I haven't read any 'Witcher' grafic novels. But still...

Thanks, Vindici! I thought a conflict between the two schools seemed odd -- especially since Vesemir said it'd been a long time since he'd heard from the other two schools, rather than saying that they'd been fighting -- but I haven't had the chance to read much Sapkowski yet.Do you know if the graphic novels are written to Sapkowski's plots or if they're just fan fiction?

Fan fiction, as far as I know. To be precise, authorized adaptations of different chapters of the series. But there is a comic of a short story Sapkowski never finished - it's called 'Treason' or something. I have no idea what it's about. What I do know is that the witcher's universe is no Star Wars and there's no prophet but Sapkowski and no sacred texts except the series :) Though it would be more reliable to hear that from a Polish.

Vindici said:
Fan fiction, as far as I know. To be precise, authorized adaptations of different chapters of the series. But there is a comic of a short story Sapkowski never finished - it's called 'Treason' or something. I have no idea what it's about. What I do know is that the witcher's universe is no Star Wars and there's no prophet but Sapkowski and no sacred texts except the series :) Though it would be more reliable to hear that from a Polish.
Yes you are very close to it... I made investigations, there is no better place for it than the Witcher Wiki 8)http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Zdrada but there is not enough info which may refer to Vesemir dialogue. The Polish version of this graphic novel is http://wiedzmin.wikia.com/wiki/Zdrada But as I don't understand Polish I don't know if this article has more info.

Petra Silie, thanks for the links. I get it. 'Treason' describes Geralt's training and explains why his hair is white. There are divergences with the saga though, so it can't be taken seriously anyway.

ausir

Forum veteran
The idea of there being a conflict between the two witcher schools does come from Sapkowski, so it can be considered somewhat canon. The rest of the comic's plot comes from Polch and Parowski, though.

Top Bottom