Confused- does save scumming still work or not? It just seems to LOWER stats

+
I have tried saving and loading before picking up the loot from corpses, but the stats become LOWER and the slots are LESS, every time. Is this how it's supposed to be?

For example:

Defeating the Sasquatch, she dropped legendary goggles with like 54.5 armor and 2 slots. I did not pick up the items yet. I saved and loaded. Now, those same goggles, still legendary, only have 14.4 armor and only 1 slot. Further, no matter how many times I load, the same goggles always have exactly 14.4 armor and only 1 slot, ALWAYS the same.

If I re-load before the fight, then yes I can get random drops again but it's unlikely to be the same item, and it takes way longer.

Yep, as of 1.11, they probably intentionally "nurfed" save scumming - which actually has one nasty side effect hurting players who do not save scum at all!

Discovered this last night doing multiple reloads of the same save on top of a scyscraper, in order to do various jumps off it, during Pisces quest. There were few crates here and there between the spot i saved at and various specific spots i was jumping off from, and i noticed how loot colors in those crates was steadily going down - 1st time i've seen some purples, with more loads it became a blue here and there, with even more - green loot only, and after i was done jumping off - some ~10 loads of the same safe file - all the crates on the roof ended up having white loot only.

Obviously, this would also apply whenever someone reloads an area multiple times to explore dialog options, or simply if failing to win a fight.

So yeah, "thank you lots!" save scummers - you sure helped to mess up loots for quite many people by doing what you do. Marvelous. /s

What I don't get is why even bother fixing it at all. It's a single player game. If someone wants to ruin their experience by cheating the save system then let them.

Personal opinion but any move to negate save scumming is a good move. but locking in an RNG system when you log in is/was pretty lazy to be fair. They should just add the max slots to Legendary items as default, they are after all called Legendary, a Legendary pair of pants with mediocre stats kinda contradicts it's stature.

I can confirm, having performed my first and last and only 'save scum' last night, ever, in 35 years plus of playing video games, that after 5 or so reloads the item I was spamming did max out. Netrunner trousers up in Northside, eventually got the 3 mod slot edition, for no good reason. Jeeeeez I feel dirty for doing that :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom