Congratulations GWENT devs...

+
You did get full answers, I myself wrote a long one in that post you mention.
When you use lippy with 0 cards in deck and x cards in graveyard, you will get ALL the cards from the graveyard to your deck and your graveyard will be empty.

Almost 9/10 games were the opponent was mill, they insta-forfeited when I dropped Lippy.(At least the smarter ones did)

Maybe you did. It's just that I haven't played this deck and so it's all a bit theoretical to me and probably not organised in a way which I find intuitive. Having it arranged in terms of how many rounds you ideally want to play with this deck, what cards you should mulligan in round 1 etc, as well as what cards you ideally want to play in round 1 etc would be more approachable to me. I watched a vid of someone playing a deck like this, maybe but I can't say watching 15 minute matches is my idea of fun and they didn't go into the strategy of how you play your deck. It's a matter of finding a source which works for you.

Here's your reply to that earlier thread of mine (I'd say that I mentioned in my other thread, below, that I've seen people playing this deck and when they play Lippy in round 3 or whatever, they get no units pulled onto the board. Not sure that that has been explained. You definitely wouldn't want that to happen to you if you played Lippy. An explanation for beginners would be really helpful, going into the really 'obvious' stuff that seasoned players know but newies don't):

Last edited:
Maybe you did. It's just that I haven't played this deck and so it's all a bit theoretical to me and probably not organised in a way which I find intuitive. Having it arranged in terms of how many rounds you ideally want to play with this deck, what cards you should mulligan in round 1 etc, as well as what cards you ideally want to play in round 1 etc would be more approachable to me. I watched a vid of someone playing a deck like this, maybe but I can't say watching 15 minute matches is my idea of fun and they didn't go into the strategy of how you play your deck. It's a matter of finding a source which works for you.

Here's your reply to that earlier thread of mine (I'd say that I mentioned in my other thread, below, that I've seen people playing this deck and when they play Lippy in round 3 or whatever, they get no units pulled onto the board. Not sure that that has been explained. You definitely wouldn't want that to happen to you if you played Lippy. An explanation for beginners would be really helpful, going into the really 'obvious' stuff that seasoned players know but newies don't):

Why not just build a Lippy deck yourself and learn it by playing it?
Choose an idea/archetype, then add Lippy + some or all of these: Roach, Knickers, Morkvaark, Oneiromancy
Then go and play it and get the feel for when you should use Lippy.
Tipically in most Lippy decks you want to play you most powerfull cards in R1, win R1 at all costs(since you could replay some of the high power plays that you spend in R1 later), then use Lippy in R2. Here the plan depends a little bit. Usually you dont want to use good cards in R2, sinces there's little chance you will get to use them R3. Normally you will try to bleed as many cards as possible(unless youre running a rare Lippy deck that runs engines). In the moment you consider best in R3, typically when you're going to pass to go to R3, use Lippy, although you can use him as your first play in R2 and 2-0 if you have access to your power combos with Oneiromancy, Birna, Royal decree... and its a very short R2.
Sometimes you won't draw lippy until R3, in those cases, save Oneiro or other tutors for R3, so when you use Lippy in early R3, you have access to your powerplays in that same round.

You can for instance have a short R3 with 3 cards, lets say Heatwave, Oneiromancy and Lippy, you can use Heatwave first, then use lippy, then pull Heatwave again with oneiro for a surprise double Heatwave which noone expects, or do the same for a double Ragnarog aplying Cataclysm to both enemy rows, etc

I'd say build a deck and try it in training mode until you get it, it is much simpler to understand that way.

Top Bottom