Connection Issues for the Chinese Community since the Update

+
So yesterday was the expansion drop for Way of the Witcher and everyone was super hyped to try out the new cards... Except that most of the Chinese players have not been able to even log into the game. We were experiencing connection issues right after the update, blocked from entering the game at all. CDPR released an announcement on a Chinese platform that they will fix this issue ASAP but most of us are still unable to login as of now. The past connection issues were some server errors on the CDPR side, so this time it will probably be the same.

This isn't the first time something like this had happened; with every big update the Chinese community will always experience connection issues for at least about half a day. The reason why this one is especially irritating is not only its extended length, but also that it is the first batch of new content in half a year. There were quite a bit of new players coming from HS and everyone was super excited to finally receive a new expansion. The Chinese community contributes a considerable amount of revenue overall but, unfortunately, CDPR doesn't seem to even want to spend some effort to ensure that our players can enjoy the game.

Way of the Witcher was the perfect opportunity for Gwent to grow in China; lots of new players from both HS and the Witcher were intrigued by the theme of the expansion and tried out the game with quite a bit of positive comments. CDPR just threw it all away, discouraging the new members and hurting again all those who have supported the game since Open Beta.

We all would like to see Gwent become more and more popular all over the world, so CDPR, please, fix the connection issues for the Chinese community and make it easier for us to love the game!

Br, you are too polite. CDPR doesn't care about Chinese players at all.
And, it's just a game.

Copied from Reddit
This fiesta is ugly, not only the server issue but the misunderstanding between Chinese and Europe players, in which I believe Cdpr should take most responsibility to. Today we are not coming here, a NA community, to argue anything about politics or human rights coZ l'm too tired to explain all the details to a person who lived thousands miles away from my country and already had preconceived ideas. These new accounts popping up from nowhere are not bots they just normal Chinese players who used isolated to western community. None of us willing to spent time and money(buy vpn) on an irrelevant issue when new gwent expansion released. In another word, there must be something wrong and which are can not be tolerated.
I'm also a Chinese player, I started to play gwent since 2018, I've been through a lot about gwent , Friends from other places ,you know what happened in China ,each time update, there will be problem, every time CDPR always pretend nothing happened, the next time again, again and again, i am upset about CDPR inactions ,there are also another issue , Chinese players don't want to be silent any more, so today we are here to make our voices heard to let everyone know that there is such a group forgotten by CDPR. We never feel so difficult to love a game.

As a normal gwent player from chinese community , i witnessed the enthusiasm of Chinese players for the new season in the last month. At the beginning of second journey, we have discussed the new set and held activities such as homemade cards and quiz polls . After the preview release, we will also discuss the pros and cons of the new card and try our best to add it to the decks at the first time. At yesterday, ours mind and heart jast like a mass of boiling lava just need to break out . But we're blocked. Most people can't log in . We have not received any positive and effective response,then waited in silence for twenty-four hours becoming colder and harder.

It's not the first time happened . Every time the Chinese community is updated, there will be various problems, especially this time. We can accept that the game have bugs, but we can't stand the CDPR turning a blind eye to it . We wish to have more positive communication to Chinese community from CDPR.

Since the start of 【Way of the Witcher】 , the Chinese community is visibly expanding . It can be predicted that the Gwent will have bright future in China . Please fix the connection issues for the Chinese community , then we can move on together.

Top Bottom