Connection Issues: Public Beta

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly caused the error? Inviting a friend to a game, accepting an invite from a friend, something else?

RidiculousName;n10283782 said:
What exactly caused the error? Inviting a friend to a game, accepting an invite from a friend, something else?

When we both choose decks to play, it is connecting and shows this error after that.... One player got this message and second one has still connecting for ages , until restart game.....

fubuki81;n10286072 said:
When we both choose decks to play, it is connecting and shows this error after that

Okay, so it's a connection error issue then. Merging this with the appropriate "megathread".

You can report the issue here.

RidiculousName;n10286222 said:
Okay, so it's a connection error issue then. Merging this with the appropriate "megathread".

You can report the issue here.

Thanks i know CDP and their support very well. Still waiting for answer about my ticket from September , last year ;) Anyway probably have to wait for another hot fix of hot fixed update, which been hot fixed......

After the latest patch, it would seem that Gwent is affecting my internet connectionin some strange way. Here's the rundown:

My internet connection is stable and I have no problems in other games or when browsing whatsoever. Whenever I run Gwent, after 3 matches at best I am getting "disconnected from the service" either when matchmaking or on the loading screen after a match. After that I'm kicked to the initial screen and am no longer able to connect to Gwent services.

Here's the fun part: Once I'm kicked from Gwent, even though my system is not detecting any connection problems, all of my browsers start throwing timeouts at me when accessing most of webpages (reddit, twitch etc., strangely pages like Facebook work normally however ads on YouTube cease to load). It gets even weirder as if I continue my attempts to run gwent, the same problem spreads to my laptop which is connected via WiFi and my GF gets DC'd from whatever game she's playing ATM.

The issue persists even after restarting the PC, GOG, GWENT etc. I've tried reinstalling both. After about 40 minutes (sometimes exceeding an hour), the problem just disappears and I can play again but it all repeats after playing 2-3 games of Gwent.

As i said my system diagnostics were not discovering any issues so I ran Crome Network Diagnosrics during one such occurence and it said that there was something strange going on with ports 80 and 443.

NOTE: I can play other online games for HOURS without such problems so this must be something on Gwent side. Anyone had similiar experiences? This makes the game unplayable for me.

Cheers,

I'm having a similar problem to Azuriusz above--Gwent seems to be momentarily interrupting my entire internet connection. I also found a post from a few months ago describing a similar problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/794b33/what_does_gwent_do_to_my_internet_connection/

As one reply to that reddit post suggested, it seems we must be confusing cause and effect here, right? That would be logical, but in this case it really seems to be the other way around. Here's my evidence:

In between Gwent sessions I'm running ping tests and not dropping any packets, and streaming/web browsing etc. is all working smoothly. I go into Gwent and start doing some milling or trasmuting, and after a few minutes I get disconnected and booted to the menu screen. Modem lights all look fine, network access icon in Windows 10 system tray detects no disconnect, yet I have no internet functionality via web browser or ping tests--nothing works for a minute or two. Then it all starts working again. I have reliably repeated this process over and over today--nothing shows any signs of trouble until I go into Gwent, and every time I go into Gwent it interrupts my internet after a few minutes.

I haven't had any non-Windows security software running, but I can try turning off Windows security stuff as well. Could it be that something Gwent is doing is triggering Windows to temporarily block the network? Or even triggering my ISP to block my traffic momentarily? Any other theories?

Two updates on my above post:

1) I tried turning off Windows firewall and it made no difference.
2) I should have mentioned that for me, unlike the other posts I referenced, I almost never get disconnected during a game. The problem I described occurs when I'm milling, transmuting, or in the shop. Just now I played 10 games in a row with no trouble, opened two kegs, then got the internet crash somewhere between the shop and my collection.

MadMathis;n10469052 said:
Two updates on my above post:

1) I tried turning off Windows firewall and it made no difference.
2) I should have mentioned that for me, unlike the other posts I referenced, I almost never get disconnected during a game. The problem I described occurs when I'm milling, transmuting, or in the shop. Just now I played 10 games in a row with no trouble, opened two kegs, then got the internet crash somewhere between the shop and my collection.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Sometimes the updating process messes the game up a bit and completely reinstalling it can help.

Other than that, as Sunsibar mentioned before, please contact CDPR support and give them as many details as possible -> https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

devivre;n10470412 said:
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
Tried uninstall/reinstall today, and it gave me a different problem: Instead of the internet crash during collection management, the game itself crashed and I got a Windows "gwent.exe has stopped working" message. At least my internet seemed unaffected this time . . . o_O

Another detail I haven't added yet: You know the diamond shaped icon that pops up as a progress/loading indicator when Gwent is saving or transitioning? That's when my crashes always happen. Often it hangs on that progress diamond for a long time before it gives up and goes boom. It's as if Gwent and my PC do not communicate well during those transitions--like Gwent is trying so hard to send info that it clogs up my network and shuts the whole thing down for a minute.

MadMathis;n10477792 said:
Tried uninstall/reinstall today, and it gave me a different problem: Instead of the internet crash during collection management, the game itself crashed and I got a Windows "gwent.exe has stopped working" message. At least my internet seemed unaffected this time . . . o_O

Another detail I haven't added yet: You know the diamond shaped icon that pops up as a progress/loading indicator when Gwent is saving or transitioning? That's when my crashes always happen. Often it hangs on that progress diamond for a long time before it gives up and goes boom. It's as if Gwent and my PC do not communicate well during those transitions--like Gwent is trying so hard to send info that it clogs up my network and shuts the whole thing down for a minute.

I'd really suggest you contact support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

I can only guess here and I'm not sure further experimenting will do you any good.

So interessting thing happened while I got a disconnect, not sure what caused it, cause everything else was alright.
As the disconnect happened I wanted to play a card, which after I reconnected was stuck in the hovering state.
I couldnt interact with any cards, not the hovering one nor with the ones in my hand.
End of story time ran out, I lost a card and the thing reseted & I could continue to play ;(

Forgot to mention, I am playing on Pc

Weird connection bug right now. I was playing, then it appeared "connection issues, trying to reconnect". (My internet is fine.) So I waited, waited... eventually it said I was forced to concede. I thought, "crap, there it goes my climbing for today." But then I looked at my MMR so see the damage, and it actually increased. If you look at my Gwent Up profile, it shows a lost but +21 MMR.
HTML:
https://gwentup.com/player/49936760114910308/matches

Not that I am complaining, of course, since it would be really unfair if I lost MMR for server problems. Just thought it might help figuring out some problems.

I encountered several game crashes this week on top of disconnects of me and my opponents. Is that a known issue?

Edit: I already ran the repair tool in the GoG client.

Reconnecting is impossible

My internet very rarely goes off by 10-15 seconds; its an annoying issue and my provider's fault, but just noticed the "Lost connection, trying to reconnect..." is actually quite misleading.

I recovered connection almost instantly after I lost it, like 5-10 seconds after I lost it at most (Tried refreshing firefox and line was back).

I stared blankly at the ""Lost connection, trying to reconnect" message for around 20 seconds where my connection was fully working, and I thought "what a huge lie =_=". I even received a GG from my opponent while staring at the message, wich means the game had already counted my DC as a loss the second I lost my connection.

I understand this is a beta and a technical problem, but honestly, I find it quite frustrating that the game lies to me. If the game has no intention of trying to reconnect and give you a grace period, the message is not needed at all.

Lost Connection

Hi!

I kkep on getting Lost Connection message during the games. I am not disconnected for good but it delays the moves.
Can anyone tell me what might be the cause?

bitzurock;n10547072 said:
Hi!

I kkep on getting Lost Connection message during the games. I am not disconnected for good but it delays the moves.
Can anyone tell me what might be the cause?

Your internet connection might have some hiccups. Are you uploading or downloading anything? That can also sometimes cause problems.

It's also possible that the Gwent server is having issues, although I didn't notice anything of that sort today.

In general you can always contact CDPR support here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

here's a scenario I've seen only twice.... playing, opponent get connection loss, then I get connection loss, then I get a forfeit message... after that I get constant connection losses until I close Gwent. both times I tested the connection, rock solid both in ping and thoughput (no random noise during continuous ping tests)... it's 100/100Mb fiber so not surprising.

My theory is that the server got in a bad state or was being flooded, since restarting the client fixed it. That's assuming you get a single sever in a session... if you get multiple ones then it's possible the connection loss from the opponent cause the server to feed bad data to your client putting it in a bad state). either way, if your internet is good, try restarting the client.

Could Not Connect

Suddenly I cannot login to the game on one of my two PCs. "Could not connect to Gwent servers. Please check you internet connection and try again"

I have verified game files, then reinstalled the game, I have launched it without GOG running, nothing works.

EDIT: Must be a bug with some persistent game file, this first started when I tried to login to the game while downloading a large file which was using all my network bandwidth. After the DL was done however Gwent continued to refuse to login... I don't know how on earth the problem managed to persist after a re-install of the files but a reboot of the PC and suddenly Gwent is happy again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom