Connection Issues: Public Beta

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
PC: Connection issues only during ranked

I started playing ranked today in gwent and encountered an issue I never experienced before. In all the rank games I've played today, around 15+: I've gotten disconnected 3 times, had my opponent disconnect once, and had 2 games where I had insane lag. The thing is, I've never had this happen to me in all of the casual and single player games I've played throughout the week. I switched and played casual and did not experience any of the issues I did while playing ranked.

When I disconnect, I basically have the same board state and if I wait long enough, the timer goes to 0 and I still can't do anything. The times I've disconnected I noticed that my current opponent gave me a good game 5-scraps or ore-reward. The one time my opponent disconnected it said something along the lines of "your opponent has failed to establish proper client connection" and I could not send him a good game.

Is this a known issue? Is anyone else experiencing it? I've only experienced this issue in rank and am afraid to keep playing ranked because I don't like to win or lose due to a disconnect.

Well,working fine i would not say because i still have the same problem . Service interrupted please check connection. Nothing has changed and it doenst works better.
It works after many many many MANY tries,but even than only a few mins and i get kicked out again. Simply unplayable.

It must be an server problem because everything else works fine and i did not had this problems before open beta.

Horrible Servers

I am a returning player from closed beta and havent played since Feb. But the servers currently are utterly horrible. Out of the 20-25 games i have played so far atleast 10 were Disconnected/ Server Issues. I am getting free wins but its just killing the experience. This is so frustrating. There is also delay in the game.
Never faced such issues in the Closed Beta. I am really disappointed.
And for people saying my connection is faulty or laggy , I play Dota 2 Smooth without lags so there should not be any reason for lag while playing Gwent.

Yes the game is as buggy as ever this patch and the servers seems to be hosted on refrigerators now.

Laveley;n8739720 said:
Yes the game is as buggy as ever this patch and the servers seems to be hosted on refrigerators now.

Be patient guys. While there can really be problem from CDPR side it is a normal process of new and growing game for the following reasons:
1) Rapid increase in participants can overwhelm servers in case CDPR did not count such a big spike in resource consumption;
2) DDoS which they experienced recently - well, this is something you cannot really be protected from. There are means to lower the possibility % but you will NEVER be protected 100%. This is probably something new for CDPR and they will learn from it.

At least these two problems are normal and we should just support the team while they are working on them. And I am sure they are. Do not be too harsh.

Alts-Gamer;n8739990 said:
Be patient guys. While there can really be problem from CDPR side it is a normal process of new and growing game for the following reasons:
1) Rapid increase in participants can overwhelm servers in case CDPR did not count such a big spike in resource consumption;
2) DDoS which they experienced recently - well, this is something you cannot really be protected from. There are means to lower the possibility % but you will NEVER be protected 100%. This is probably something new for CDPR and they will learn from it.

At least these two problems are normal and we should just support the team while they are working on them. And I am sure they are. Do not be too harsh.

I'm not being inpatient nor harsh. Just saying the truth.

Oh well, i guess the truth can be harsh sometimes....

Alts-Gamer;n8739990 said:

Ive been patient for seven days, no more.

tabaluka;n8742150 said:
I think he means the ''service interrupted, please check your internet connection'' -problem which causes disconnections to several people. Also the shop loading -errors

I think I won't pay for this game until something is done against connection issues and cheating. I have a very stable internet connection.

Strangely enough I almost always lose my games due to connection or out of sync issues if I'm about to win...

Connection lost and it gives the other guy the win??

So I am playing a ranked match. We are in the third round and I have more points on the board so I am feeling pretty good about winning. All of the sudden is says we lost connection and the end screen shows that it gave him the win. Now my internet connection was fine after the match, I was still connected to the internet. I feel like this was cheating but let's assume that it was just a bug.....why would it give the other guy the victory? That should not be happening at all and needs to be changed fast. I am still going to report this guy in case he was cheating which is what it felt like.

Oh and yes the game did actually give him the victory and me a loss. I checked after the next match and my rank did go down.

StrykerxS77x;n8758370 said:
Oh and yes the game did actually give him the victory and me a loss. I checked after the next match and my rank did go down.
Yeah I've lost a game this way and won a game this way in the last week or so. I doubt he was cheating as the time I benefited from it the game slowed down and then suddenly said the other guy had a connection issue and I won. Similar experience when I lost. I'm not sure what causes it, but there's a thread over in tech support about connection related issues - Connection Issues: Public Beta

I've lost so many games due to these damn server issues, it can get very annoying however I don't think it is cheating. However there was one time it felt like a deliberate forced disconnection I was going to pass to claim my win he had already passed and I had one card over him and the game froze. After about 30 seconds I was informed I had lost... it was unranked so no big deal but it does sting a bit.

DRK3

Forum veteran
In closed beta this already used to happen and i cant complain - must have won over 50 matches that way, and only lost 3 or 4 on my side.

But that's how it works - the guy who loses connection loses, no matter who was winning.

Since the open beta it has happened more times to me. I lost immediately on my very 1st ranked match this way has soon as it started, wasnt even able to see the opponent's name, not very motivating...

DRK3;n8759070 said:
In closed beta this already used to happen and i cant complain - must have won over 50 matches that way, and only lost 3 or 4 on my side.

But that's how it works - the guy who loses connection loses, no matter who was winning.

Since the open beta it has happened more times to me. I lost immediately on my very 1st ranked match this way has soon as it started, wasnt even able to see the opponent's name, not very motivating...

If my internet connection is fine then how did I lose connection? That doesn't make any sense. It's not like I had to reconnect after the game. I was still online just fine.

It's the server, I just got a brand new WiFi router four weeks ago and I get disconnections all the time. It sucks but its the price of playing an online game, especially in the beta. It likely has to do with the influx of new players. I find it happens a lot around 8 am and 6 pm while barely ever at 2:30 pm, meaning server loads likely have a role to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom