Connection Issues

+
What can I do?

Not sure if it's a connection problem, looking at the array of issues. Please, try the following:
  1. Disable your virus protection software / firewall.
  2. Remove/disable all third party overlay applications (e.g. FRAPS, RivaTuner).
  3. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  4. Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.).
  5. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  6. Disable the Galaxy overlay, in the options menu (only for debugging; it should be enabled for buying kegs and inviting friends).
  7. Close all background applications, especially Chrome (and other resource-consuming apps).
  8. If that doesn't work; try to reinstall the game and manually remove the following folders (back up your Thronebreaker save games before that!):
    1. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\CDProjektRED"
    2. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED"
  9. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.
Why the **** do I get a loss for the client having an error? In ARENA no less. The game was 1-1 and I was leading the 3rd round. This is bullshit.

Random disconnects can happen every now and then. If it happens more frequently, you can contact support.

weird case, not sure if connection issue or just the servers imploding...
Image1.jpg

this popped up after I was second to pass winning round 2
Image2.jpg

ETA: that glow isn't a second win, it's just constant

I'm getting what Void Singer is showing once every 4 or 5 games.
My computer is running other games that require much better internet connections (like Overwatch or Destiny 2) without any issue. I have sent a ticket to support and have not had a response. I've repaired the game, checked program files. Still had the issue. Lowered all graphics quality, rebooted the game after every match. Still have the issue. I'd really like to grind Gwent competitive but this makes it very difficult when your server having issues leads to me getting losses. Please help!!

I have been almost one hour trying to get a match on casual play. Its simply impossible, the matchmaking doesnt work, i just keep getting error messages after ten minutes of waiting.

During days spanish forum news was "it has been reported". Ge got a patch, nothing changed, sometimes I only manage to play a couple of games in two hours.

Some cards make different rules about "the highest unit". Riders count themselves as a 4 unit, and in case of tie resolve favorably getting the second one. Hounds doesnt count themselves and in case of tie you just do one damage. Seriously.

Broken rules, matchmaking not working, is anybody in this company testing this product?

Hi - can anyone explain the below to me? I had the game in control, was 100% connected to the internet with no interruption in service yet got the below and lost the match as well. How's that fair? If a connection drops that has nothing to do with me, how am I being "rewarded" with a defeat??

Untitled.png

If a connection drops that has nothing to do with me, how am I being "rewarded" with a defeat??

It might not have been your fault, but it could still be an issue with one of the hops between your computer and the Gwent's servers. These disconnects can occasionally happen. Nothing that can be done about it. When these disconnects happen more often, it would be time to take a closer look. Regardless, it's usually a tricky thing to solve because of all the factors in play.

I´m having connection issuses in every game, I just lost all three arena matches wasnt able finish any of them. Its super frustrating :(

Attachments

• gwent.jpg
    gwent.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Any suggestion? Or should I just wait for next hotfix?

It looks like the game is stuck in limbo. Please, try the following:
  1. Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.).
  2. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  3. Disable your virus protection software / firewall.
  4. If that doesn't work; try to reinstall the game and manually remove the following folders (back up your Thronebreaker save games before that!):
  5. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.
I'm betting my money on no. 4 solving the problem. It's important to also remove the folders mentioned.

It looks like the game is stuck in limbo. Please, try the following:
  1. Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.).
  2. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  3. Disable your virus protection software / firewall.
  4. If that doesn't work; try to reinstall the game and manually remove the following folders (back up your Thronebreaker save games before that!):
  5. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.
I'm betting my money on no. 4 solving the problem. It's important to also remove the folders mentioned.
It turns out none of these worked... I tried to reinstall gog galaxy and gwent, but the install progression get stuck in 97.7% forever. Somehow the files in the "_redist" folder can't be download... I think I'll wait the next update or just play it on my old desktop.

Still, thanks for help :)

=======================
[update]
It works again! And I dunno why. Suddenly it showed that installation failed and I click retry, then it finally successes. And this time I get into the game.

Last edited:
Connection lost - service interupted! Is it just me (which is unlikely because my other online apps in the background are not getting disconnected) or is this a server thing? is anyone also experiencing this right now? just lost a bunch of games because of dc

weird case, not sure if connection issue or just the servers imploding...
View attachment 10983028
this popped up after I was second to pass winning round 2
View attachment 10983031
ETA: that glow isn't a second win, it's just constant

Same thing just happened to me. I have no idea how the game decides to give you a loss when this happens. So ridiculous.

Edit: Old post apparently but somehow this is still a big problem.

I can't log into GOG at all. It just won't connect but I can connect normally to the forums and website.

@Seyfti I've moved your post to a different thread, because it's not the same issue as what the other user posted about. Currently there are some networking issues with the game (Burza said so on his Twitter), but it's being looked into.

Edit: Should be working again. My game is.

I have been playing this game for quite a while now and I think the only weakness of this game is its connection issues. I have been facing the same problem for months and tried everything i could find in the forums, from reinstalling everything to opening specific ports but nothing seems to work.
The problem is after successfully playing one or two games, after finding an opponent the game either loads indefinitely or it loads but I get a "Connection Lost" message every five seconds and can't do anything in the game until I restart the game all over again.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

P.S. I am pretty sure it's not an internet problem because i don't have any connection issues with any other games like Hearthstone even when playing on a different continent.

Last edited:
Gwent team

Complain from a Gwent NA player:

Your game server is simply PATHETIC.

In today's ranked game I was experiencing one disconnection per player turn.

And as you can guess I was "forced to disconnected" eventually and lose the game. Since the Crimson Curse Update I have experienced this crap for 10+ times. Enough is enough!

Maybe this is just another "simple technical issue" from you, but I am losing faith.

Let me tell you something: Go to the Witcher world, find a Drowner and it can make a server better than this crap.

These above are all my complaints

Top Bottom