Connection Issues

+
Hello everyone!

This is the new connection issues thread for Homecoming. Feel free to post all sorts of connection related issues and possible solutions to those in here. Remember to mention your platform. If you can't find a solution in this topic, please contact support directly.

The old connection issues topic has been closed. However, it can still be found from here.

We may update this post, if some new specific issues appear.

Cannot connect since the homecomming update. Im getting the ``connection timeout could not connect to server``.
Tried re-installing disabling firewall/antivirus it doesnt work. Cant even get into the main menu

Hi, every second (circa) game I get connection issues and then the game is lost or won. Sometimes it says it's on my opponents' side, sometimes it says it's me and this literally can't be the case, my Internet connection is excellent, I have never had any issues with any other game or online services I use and I am well aware how my infrastructure works and how to test it (inb4: any typical response like turn it off and on again, check firewall settings etc. - nope, believe me).

Any ETA on fixing those issues?

I have issues connecting to normal mulitplayer Gwent at the moment (It was ok when Homecoming launched and on the day after) , receiving the following error:

"Could not connect: Inventory Loading Failed!"

I have Thronbreaker installed and that is working fine.

I have issues connecting to normal mulitplayer Gwent at the moment (It was ok when Homecoming launched and on the day after) , receiving the following error:

"Could not connect: Inventory Loading Failed!"

I have Thronbreaker installed and that is working fine.

not logging into gwent. stuck on loading screen

Just recently I had a match with LOTS of connection issues. It seems that it was on my server because the opponent ended winning the game because my disconections (which was a real bummer, I think I really had him).

Anyone else with this issue?

I get an error saying I could not connect to Gwent servers. I tried using VPN, pausing virus protection, verifying/repairing game files, logging off and back on again to GOG... I don't know what else to do.
Untitled.png

Hi,

Is there anyone else too familiar with this screen?
Honestly, around 6 out of 10 times I'm getting this screen. And also sometimes the game kicks me out to this screen after successful loading.
Ekran Görüntüsü (2).jpg

mates this started 2 days ago i cant log can anyne help pls its says couldnt connect loading definitions failed

Last edited:
mates this started 2 days ago i cant log can anyne help pls its says couldnt connect loading definitions failed

Did you try to verify/repair the game in GOG galaxy?
Sometimes simply reinstalling the game can also help.
Also perhaps you installed or changed something on your computer two days ago, that might block the game?

Pls help, I get the error message in the pic. I verified game files and restarted pc twice. Before homecoming I was playing perfectly. soon as I did the 2.2 Gb update, how I just see this and cant play
Post automatically merged:

If you are deleting my post then can I at least have a solution??? I still cant play

Attachments

• gwent.jpg
    gwent.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Pls help, I get the error message in the pic. I verified game files and restarted pc twice. Before homecoming I was playing perfectly. soon as I did the 2.2 Gb update, how I just see this and cant play
Post automatically merged:

If you are deleting my post then can I at least have a solution??? I still cant play

There are a few more things mentioned here you can try:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/cannot-install-or-start-gwent-homecoming.10987115/

Check out the first post.

Hi,
I have a bug so that less surprising, I can not start a game whether it is classified or search canceled immediately, quick play where research is infinite training where in addition may not cancel the search . This is the second time I play the game since the big update, yesterday I did a game and everything went very well.
If a solution I am a taker, thank you.

Hi,
I have a bug so that less surprising, I can not start a game whether it is classified or search canceled immediately, quick play where research is infinite training where in addition may not cancel the search . This is the second time I play the game since the big update, yesterday I did a game and everything went very well.
If a solution I am a taker, thank you.

Make sure that nothing is slowing down your internet connection and that no firewall or virus protection is blocking the game in some way.

Also, verifying/repairing the game via GOG Galaxy can sometimes solve problems.

CDPR support can be reached here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

I keep getting disconnected right at the end of matches, 3rd round I get "connection lost" and then I get the defeat. This has happened 3 times now in ranked games I would have won. On the third one it said it had reconnected me, but then my opponents timer ran all the way down and nothing happened. It wouldn't even let me forfeit, I had to force quit the game. I'm on PC. The first time this happened I was streaming and didn't drop a single frame, so it's not my internet. The 2nd and 3rd time I was not streaming.

Tried verifying/repairing the files, no dice. Now when I reconnect I am unable to interact with any of the cards, and I have to always force quit the game. I'm literally unable to finish a game right now.

Last edited:
Just "lost" an Arena game against a guy with a bunch of chinese/korean/japanese (dunno which) for a name, because the game could not connect me to the match from the start. My connection was fine for the whole process, as I have checked it when the game was taking too long to load.

Got the "trying to reconnect" message three times: before the game started, after I chose a card to redraw (after which it did redraw the card), and after I clicked the "finish redrawing" button, and the game ended in my loss, even though it said "inconclusive game result".

So either I got cheated out a game by a hacker, or by some wierd connection bug that would not let me reconnect even though my internet connetcion was fine.

Is there any thing I can do to help CDPR with diagnosing if there is a problem with one or the other? Any files I can attach post factum?

Is there any thing I can do to help CDPR with diagnosing if there is a problem with one or the other? Any files I can attach post factum?

It's likely not a cheater, but rather an unstable connection somewhere along the way. It happens from time to time. Regardless, you can always contact support to start an inquiry.

After Homecomming I got lots of connection problem, sometimes get an error fail to load cards, sometime gog not connected.
and lots of time got a strange problem that I enter to the game play first game successfully but in second game I repeatedly receive a massage about connection every 10 seconds.
What can I do?

Why the **** do I get a loss for the client having an error? In ARENA no less. The game was 1-1 and I was leading the 3rd round. This is bullshit.

Attachments

• gwenterror.jpg
    gwenterror.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 386
  • gwenterror2.jpg
    gwenterror2.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 405
Top Bottom