Connection Issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got same problems. I am able to finish maybe one out of 10 games i play. I even tried reinstaling gwent, but after 4 "ok" matches everything is crashing as it used to.

Unable to connect into the game

Everytime I start up Gwent, it says "User is not signed in. To continue, start the GOG Galaxy client and sign in." Even though I've already signed in it still gives me this message. I've tried starting the client itself and GOG Galaxy client. I've tried verifying and repairing it. Nothing seems to be working. I have not yet tried reinstalling everything but any help about this issue would be appreciated.

This has happened to a few players before:

1.) Try logging off GOG / Galaxy altogether, then manually enter your name and password to log back on.

2.) Try installing the redistributables that come with the installation package; should be in your installation directory in a folder called redist. Alternatively, install / repair all of the following from Microsoft.com: DirectX 11 or 12, DirectX 9.0c, .NET Framework, Visual C++, and Visual Studio. For C++ and Studio, install all versions going back to 2010.

If anyone has figured out a way to fix the problem where you cant get past the search for an opponent where it just send you back to 'pick your deck' please let me know, ive had this problem for a week now :(:(

I've tried repairing and installing the redistributables already and it still does not work. Any other suggestions?
Every now and then, I run the game it starts working again but sometimes it just happens like what I said.

I know this is only closed beta but the disconnections are driving me insane. They say 98% of the players are affected and I don't believe one bit, not when my opponents are disconnecting too.

Edit: my internet is extremely stable so I don't believe this is a user issue

Last edited:
Constant disconnects (see screenshot)

Now I'm not particularly technically oriented, however I am inclined to believe that the connectivity issues are coming from projektred's servers and not our ISPs or wifi signal as initially claimed. On the attached file, you can see me pinging both cdprojektred.com and my router simultaneously and behold.. as soon as the connection to cdprojektred.com drops, my game also disconnects. Meanwhile, the ping to my router remains stable and I can continue to surf the web without any sort of disruptions. All other websites have passed the test without any notable packet loss. What could cause this packet loss? Perhaps this is a regional issue with the servers in Canada?(where I live) My concern is that even with the 'reconnect' function introduced, the root cause remains unresolved.

Hope this information helps.

Attachments

• photo119120.jpg
    photo119120.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Oh man I just had the worst verify connection dc yet. Ranked mode 3rd round opponent passes, I'm down by 2 points and all I have left is Dagon. As I go to clear the fog so Roach can go from 1 to 3 pts the game dcs and I lose about 70 rank points. This game is the very definition of a love hate relationship.

After some good days with only a few connection losses, yesterday the mess had begun for a next round, reaches a new high today. Server connection losses cost me lots of games and XPs. While I do not worry about the ranking or lost games (hey, we are in the closed beta, arend't we?), the connection issue looks freaking serious and I wonder how long that problem will last until we can start into the open beta season.
Never mind, even the actual version is lots of fun but for today my personal need for defeats is exceeded.

Unfortunately, no other suggestions. Sounds like one of the general connection issues. It's just beta-ing on you.

Hello, just set up the game earlier this week and I can't connect to anything.
Tried playing with all possible network configurations and did everything I saw online that worked. Has anyone found a solution?

To be clear - I go to play casual and am immediately (6-30 seconds) kicked back to card selection. I have tried well over 40 times, restarted, re installed, searched for updates, checked network settings, etc, etc, etc. Yet I can connect to the shop, open cards, work on deck and completely login, just not connect to a match.

From what I can tell, either my game isn't being allowed to connect to the casual servers - or - there is some control system that is rejecting my game while in the queue. Whether or not the problem is on my pc, server side, or program wise, I can not guess. But - this clearly isn't a singular case, and is a reoccurring one [https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...sual_matches/].

Thanks for any possible help, I'd really love to get to play.

At least, could we have a delay to reconnect??
I mean my connection can be unstable from time to time (not enough to disconnect my on-going downloads though) and what I see is that I'm pinging an external website (google.com for exemple) and as soon as I loose a packet I get disconnected and auto defeat. That's extremely annoying (even more when you're actually winning...).
So not only I don't quite get the point on being so strict on disconnection but why don"t we get any chance to reconnect??

Suntoo;n8058230 said:
Hello, just set up the game earlier this week and I can't connect to anything.
Tried playing with all possible network configurations and did everything I saw online that worked. Has anyone found a solution?

To be clear - I go to play casual and am immediately (6-30 seconds) kicked back to card selection. I have tried well over 40 times, restarted, re installed, searched for updates, checked network settings, etc, etc, etc. Yet I can connect to the shop, open cards, work on deck and completely login, just not connect to a match.

From what I can tell, either my game isn't being allowed to connect to the casual servers - or - there is some control system that is rejecting my game while in the queue. Whether or not the problem is on my pc, server side, or program wise, I can not guess. But - this clearly isn't a singular case, and is a reoccurring one [https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...sual_matches/].

Thanks for any possible help, I'd really love to get to play.

Ive been having this problem since getting my access key :( if anyone finds a solution please let me know

Sunsibar;n8065740 said:
Have you tried to contact support with this issue? If you haven't, that may be worth trying: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

If there are some things you have tried to do to fix this, please tell them everything you already tried.

Yes i have sent support a message, ive sent them my setup specs, and the problemand what ive done to try and solve it. Now its just a matter of time or until someone else finds out a solution to the problem. Ive hear though netgear routers could be the cause of this but i havent heard back from the person making the suggestion, and ive only heard about this problem being replicated in cs.go when using metgear routers/modems.

No Title

I've got a problem when I was disconnected from a game. Sometimes the problem come from me, sometimes from my opponent. In ranked games, when my opponent is disconected before the match begin, I've got the Victory screen, don't gain exp or crown but I lose ranking points anyway, very frustrating. Is this a known issues?

Attachments

• photo119590.png
    photo119590.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 35
MasterNamer did you try this ?
Jack_Ben;n7776550 said:
- C:\ProgramData\GOG.com
- C:\Users\All Users\GOG.com
- C:\Users*username\AppData\Local\GOG.com
- C:\Users\ben\AppData\Local\GalaxyCommunicationServ ice

and THIS folder !

- C:\ProgramData\CDProjekt RED