Conqueror Aen Elle is too strong

+
I'm not sure if the card in english has that name.

Is the one that for 4 resources has 7 power with veil of Monsters Faction.
The only thing necessary is to have devotion.

Now, devotion is very easy to do it. Now all factions have good cards for all archetypes.
For that reason, a 7 power whit veil card is very very cheap for 4 resources. Absolutely autoinclude.

Is good whit Auberon, whit medra, for domination... too strong.

Guest 4368268

I've no problem with the card whatsoever. It's a bit of cheap point slam for the condition of devotion and I disagree that that's 'very easy to do' if for no other reason than all the scenario artifacts going around. Yes it's good with Auberon, an 11 provision card and with portal, a 13 provision card. Again, I see no problem with that. Does it make many other 4p cards look even worse by comparison? For sure. But I think we can all agree we don't want them to print cards in such a way they match Archespores power level.

Portal is a neutral card. It breaks devotion and won’t work with Aen Alle. Devotion comes at a cost. Monster pointslam is the least of the games balance issues.

Portal summons from deck while Conqueror only checks for devotion on deploy. Portal is a way to play around the devotion restriction for AE conq. But Monster devotion is in serious lack of tutors and oc the heaver. I don't see a real problem compared to noonwraith it's not big of a difference when actually playing

aen elle conqueror is 100% fine. no offence but I can only imagine a lower ranked player complaining about a 4p bronze that does nothing but put 7 points on the board. there is many cards of the kind at this point. at 6 points or 5 provisions this card would never see any play again.

aen elle conqueror is 100% fine. no offence but I can only imagine a lower ranked player complaining about a 4p bronze that does nothing but put 7 points on the board. there is many cards of the kind at this point. at 6 points or 5 provisions this card would never see any play again.
Stuff like Tortoise is 7 points for 5p with a downside and still sees play. 7 points with Veil for 4p only requiring Devotion and also good for proccing Thrive is at least debatable as MO already have more than enough good point slam.

Well, it's legit better than all other new devotion 7 for 4 cards except, arguably NR's marine. Admittedly kind of annoying in MO decks which are already damn near impossible to stay with on blue coin. But the issue is less the card itself and more the powercreep overall. I mean, we just got the Dwarf Mercenary reworked into a very conditional 7 for 5 like what? Barely 3 months ago? Silly stuff like is this is all over the place.

Stuff like Tortoise is 7 points for 5p with a downside and still sees play. 7 points with Veil for 4p only requiring Devotion and also good for proccing Thrive is at least debatable as MO already have more than enough good point slam.

"Only devotion"

You mean like giving up consistency, tall punish and other tools.

MO faction already is a tier 3 faction. They sure as hell can keep op bronzes until they get a decent revsmp on 80% of their cards.

"Only devotion"

MO faction already is a tier 3 faction. They sure as hell can keep op bronzes until they get a decent revsmp on 80% of their cards.

When is it time to stop using the tired "woeful MO is woeful tier 3 faction argument," I wonder? Questionable "faction" tiers aside, MO had tier 1 decks last couple of seasons and was only second to SK in win rates last season.

Each fraction now have their more or less unconditional 4 for 7. No need to rework.
Not true.
Each faction have 7 power units whit worst conditions for 5 resources.
The conqueror also has veil.
7power.jpg

I agree with the general powercreep and inconsistency when it comes to points per provision but the problem surely doesnt lie with aen elle.
tourtoise has a downside yes, but it is minimum 6 points whereas conqueror cannot be played without its condition. I think devotion is restricting enough for aen elle to be fine, especially in monsters which generally have the worst tutor special, lackluster removal and such. outside of wild hunt (pure or mixed) I cannot see any reason to play devotion monsters anyway?

"Only devotion"

They have Ge'els and Naglfar. Also MO have been pretty strong for quite some time now with Blood Scent and Ethereal. Larvae are another overtuned card, actually incredible how cheap they are. May compensate for the fact that they always have to go relatively tall, but MO are definitely not as weak as that many people think.

Keep in mind you're not building a devotion deck solely for the purpose of including that 4p unit. You're doing it for the whole Wild Hunt devotion build to which they are meant as a supplement. Now if that whole build is OP or not is the question... I think they're strong, especially in round 3 when the evolving card hits the field (2 cards in one). Also with all the tall MO cards that can just put like 13, 10 or 9 points on the field in one card. My experience so far is that they're difficult but beatable. :] Honestly I don't get matched vs Devotion Monsters so often, good too since if you've seen one player do a devotion deck of one faction you've basically seen all Devotion players since there is only one possible way to make and play a Devotion deck, they're that limited, it gets boring quick.

That card is like a motor. For 7 points you need 3 complete turns.
Conqueror is 7 in the moment.

Regarding their immediate points, previously it was assumed that pointslam cards paid negative for their ease of play, but not even that is currently respected, or is it another "plus" of devotion.

Even so, if we compare, Aen Elle is immediate points but Eredyn in another engine.

Oakcritters is an engine but Forest Protector is immediate points.

In its own expansion they are not out of the ordinary, but the expansion itself is a very large powercreep.

The larvae are worse, they are 5 provs and they generate between 10 and 14 points normally if nothing kills them, that or you pass the turn. And if you kill one, there is still the other :disapprove:

Top Bottom