Console loading times (XBox One)

+
Console loading times (XBox One)

I've searched the forums and haven't found anything relating to the load times on console. Maybe I overlooked something, who knows.

Am I the only one to complain that the loading time is excessively long? I'm playing this on Xbox One and loading time can get pretty close to a minute, maybe more. I haven't timed this to the second, but I stare at the loading screen quite a long time after I die. I can understand when changing zone, but when reloading in the same area should be much faster.

Has this been mentioned at all by CDPR or anywhere else? I'd love this to be addressed to know what will happen with this, will it stay the same or are there plans on improving it in a patch.

I agree, I think when I die sometimes my loading screens are up to a minute. But the non-loading screen open world kind of makes up for that I guess. I am actually more bothered by the loading screens in between cut-scenes.

I'm very satisfied with the overall loading of the game, the zones are huge and navigating throughout the map has no loading time at all. I only have issue with the loading after death, especially when I die many times in the same fight. I remember one particular fight in which I died 10, maybe 15 times. The loading was really noticeable then.

Make sure to check to make sure you are able to MANUALLY save your game after long loading screens/black screens/fast travel in general. Have been running into a bug that won't allow you to manually save the game and thus lose lots of progress. Just a heads up. But I agree, loading screens are painfully long.

when i see post like this i always say

dont blame the game
blame the consoles

the original hdd of ps4/xbox one goes a 5400rpm thats pretty low so of course you are gonna have long loading screens (same case as bloodborne )

a game can load as fast as the hardware let him load, you need to see how fast the game load on an ssd, so its not the game's fault and be prepare because when more big games comes the loading times are not going to change

Last edited:
when i see post like this i always say

dont blame the game
blame the consoles

the original hdd of ps4/xbox one goes a 5400rpm thats pretty low so of course you are gonna have long loading screens (same case as bloodborne )

a game can load as fast as the hardware let him load, you need to see how fast the game load on an ssd, so its not the game's fault and be prepare because when more big games comes the loading times are not going to change

I partially agree with you on this, G3nome. Hardware does affect loading time, but the game also has its part of responsibility in this. As you stated, Bloodborne had long load times (40+ seconds) which was reduced with a patch.

I know an ssd would improve the speed but the console didn't ship with it, requiring an additional purchase which not everyone is willing to make.

I'm hoping an optimization of the code can improve everyone's gaming experience, ssd or not.

They don't feel that long, but is a long load time after a fall really necessary when you're reloading what's already in memory?

I partially agree with you on this, G3nome. Hardware does affect loading time, but the game also has its part of responsibility in this. As you stated, Bloodborne had long load times (40+ seconds) which was reduced with a patch.

I know an ssd would improve the speed but the console didn't ship with it, requiring an additional purchase which not everyone is willing to make.

I'm hoping an optimization of the code can improve everyone's gaming experience, ssd or not.

if the game has part of the responsablity why are not long load times on pc ? (if im right consoles have the best optimized version of the game )even with normal hdd aka 7200rpm

devs cant do black magic

Last edited:
I can't think of any good reason for the loading times to be this long when you die and start again in the same place. Loading a new game, fine, but not this. All the textures and other memory hogs should already be in memory.

As it is now it seems like you die, everything is cleared from memory, and then reloaded again. This seems entirely unnecessary to me.

this is why you play most of your games on the PC, and only keep consoles for the exclusives, my loading times are ~4-5 sec. max

I can't think of any good reason for the loading times to be this long when you die and start again in the same place. Loading a new game, fine, but not this. All the textures and other memory hogs should already be in memory.

As it is now it seems like you die, everything is cleared from memory, and then reloaded again. This seems entirely unnecessary to me.

Weirder still, fast travel times are loads shorter than reloading the save file you just loaded.

if the game has part of the responsablity why are not long load times on pc ? (if im right consoles have the best optimized version of the game )even with normal hdd aka 7200rpm

devs cant do black magic

Why the long load times not on PC is simple, the hardware is faster than in consoles. Devs can't do black magic, but they can optimize code.

Why the long load times not on PC is simple, the hardware is faster than in consoles. Devs can't do black magic, but they can optimize code.

dude you already respond give me the right word with that comment

as for optimization goes they are focused on making consoles actually get 30fps (because ive seen some mayor framedrops) so optimization has little to do with loading times in this case

in conclusion

better hardware= short loading times
lower hardware = long loading times

so its the console that is slow loading no the game

Last edited:
Yeah, upgrading your console with a 7400 RPM, SSHD, or SSD will help the problem. There's just a lot of stuff to load, it's the nature of the huge open world, and it still usually takes 10-15 seconds to load from my PC's SSD (it's a relatively new one too - 1 TB :p). So it seems expected that it would take a minute on the consoles' default 5400 RPM drive.

Last edited:
Sometimes I even quit playing for a while when I die because loading takes so Long. :(
I hope this can be improved with patches.

Weirder still, fast travel times are loads shorter than reloading the save file you just loaded.

In the case of fast travel, the game has already loaded much of the assets to the ram and GPU as opposed to starting a new game/loading which reloads the entire world.

In the case of fast travel, the game has already loaded much of the assets to the ram and GPU as opposed to starting a new game/loading which reloads the entire world.
Right, but frast travelling from one end to the other takes significantly less time than reloading a save, without moving at al. It would be good if lsave loading took the same shortcuts.

Top Bottom