Constant crashes after 4.02 (PC)

+
The game became unplayable after upgrading to 4.02. Crashes every time a cutscene starts. I have not experienced a single bug in this game for almost 2 years :(

Do you mean in-game conversation? For me, after 4.02 update, DX11 always crashes upon loading a game.

could you upload ur save game before cutsceen that u have this crash issue? (use zippy share or mediafire or on other site)

Tell me what's is your game settings, graphic and Video, just take screenshots of every options that you are using and upload it.
And write you PC configuration.

I got smillar problem with RT in my mod before 4.02 update, i have it fixed and maybe i can help you with that also.

Last edited:
I got 'RT Ultra' preset with everything maxed out. DLSS frame generation on. I uploaded some screenshots.

I got 13600k, RTX 4090, 32G of RAM.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 90
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 118
Here is the save before talking to Zoltan during 'The Dangerous Game'. This conversation with Zoltan always crashes the game for me.
i don't see any link to ur save game
Post automatically merged:

Did you tried that cutsceen without RT? Probably game won't crash.

Sorry, pasted the link to save file above!
No, I did not try without RT. The whole point of returning to this game was the new RT experience :)

Thanks a lot mate!
Will wait for a fix from GDPR
No problem, if you want to get better performance in RT without Frame Gen. (it's not better then Frame Gen but still is something) then look at my mod guide:

BTW. you don't need to use memory leak fix in ur GPU (point 1 in guide), you have enough big amout of VRAM, thats why it will never happens.

For those who are planning to update the witcher 3 too version patch 4.02 note is that directx11 on some GPUs doesn't work the game will crash the moment u load in the open world area and if u have already updated the game and having this issue install dxvk https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases and put d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll in the same location as the game exe it will force the game to use vulkan instead of directx11 use this if your gpu supports vulkan until this issue gets fixed

For those who are planning to update the witcher 3 too version patch 4.02 note is that directx11 on some GPUs doesn't work the game will crash the moment u load in the open world area and if u have already updated the game and having this issue install dxvk https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases and put d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll in the same location as the game exe it will force the game to use vulkan instead of directx11 use this if your gpu supports vulkan until this issue gets fixed
Did you tried this? For me dx11 working fine but just for curiosity I tried this dxvk x64 dlls and with them game won't start, witcher3.exe process is just hanging. I tried this also few months ago at 4.00 and it was the same situation.

Does anybody actually work at CDPR anymore. They haven't even acknowledged that this patch basically breaks the game on PC. Just awful support.

Did you tried this? For me dx11 working fine but just for curiosity I tried this dxvk x64 dlls and with them game won't start, witcher3.exe process is just hanging. I tried this also few months ago at 4.00 and it was the same situation.
yeah i tried with v4.02 it booted the game and everything dxvk x64 dlls with no isses

I also after the update I have has a problem with the shortening of the tablets I can not use it from ❌️⭕️🟥🔺️

Top Bottom