Constant FPS drops and stuttering (Possible bug?)

+
So to preface, back when the game first came out I had huge problems getting it to run. But then a friend told me about the NVidia day 1 driver update and I downloaded it immediately, everything worked fine thereafter on high graphics settings.
That is until about two weeks ago, give or take. I took a break from the game and when I came back to play whatever save file I loaded would run smoothly for about five minutes before collapsing into constant FPS drops and stuttering. Moreover, when I check the game options on GeForce I get the following message:

Your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for optimal settings in this game. The optimal settings may deliver unplayable framerates.

What is up with this? How can a game that has worked fine with relatively few issues since updating my drivers back in early December suddenly be having these issues, with no apparent reason? I've tried everything I can think of within reason to try and fix this: Dropping all my graphics settings to low, decreasing the crowd density, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, nothing seems to be fixing the issue.

I want to stress again, this game was running fine on high graphics settings with a stable framerate throughout December. I have no idea what's changed to make this happen. This started before Patch 1.1 dropped and I hoped the patch might fix it.
I just want to play the game, but as it stands now I can barely move around in it.

My graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1060 3GB. If anyone has any advice, please share.

Game was running nicely before the patch on my GTX 980.

Not so much since.. so I tried the usual things to see what may have changed.

Drivers (mobo, monitor,kb and ms) up to date - check
Windows update(d) - check
N'Vid Drivers up to date - check (also went back one driver set just to make sure)
Uninstalled/re-installed the game (2) - check
Put all my settings (including crowds) to low or off - check
Tried two other panels - check
Threw a bunch of other games to test. - check
(All ran fine (even star citizen) cept for CB2077)
No mods installed because (reasons) - check

Still no sauce..

The game slams to a crawl whenever there is an NPC/AI crowd anywhere around me. If I stare at a wall, the sky, or the ground, the game runs like butter...but as soon as I lay eyes on an NPC, the FPS dies (looks like i'm turning the pages in a book). I'm not about to demand CDPR to "OMG FIX NAO!", But this is kind of annoying... With (almost) every patch something new and incredibly frustrating comes along to f#$k up my day trying to enjoy this game.

At least folks who have the GOG version can go back to 1.06 which (kinda sorta) fixes the issue.

So to preface, back when the game first came out I had huge problems getting it to run. But then a friend told me about the NVidia day 1 driver update and I downloaded it immediately, everything worked fine thereafter on high graphics settings.
That is until about two weeks ago, give or take. I took a break from the game and when I came back to play whatever save file I loaded would run smoothly for about five minutes before collapsing into constant FPS drops and stuttering. Moreover, when I check the game options on GeForce I get the following message:

Your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for optimal settings in this game. The optimal settings may deliver unplayable framerates.

What is up with this? How can a game that has worked fine with relatively few issues since updating my drivers back in early December suddenly be having these issues, with no apparent reason? I've tried everything I can think of within reason to try and fix this: Dropping all my graphics settings to low, decreasing the crowd density, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, nothing seems to be fixing the issue.

I want to stress again, this game was running fine on high graphics settings with a stable framerate throughout December. I have no idea what's changed to make this happen. This started before Patch 1.1 dropped and I hoped the patch might fix it.
I just want to play the game, but as it stands now I can barely move around in it.

My graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1060 3GB. If anyone has any advice, please share.
It runs unplayable for me from day 1. No change. Have too a GTX 1060 3gb. What cpu do u have?
I have i5 6400.

Top Bottom