Constantly Being Hacked

+
Okay, found a serious bug in 1.3: Whenever I'm QuickHacking someone for the second time, a NetRunner is running a hack to find me. And despite having the "I Spy" perk, the enemy NetRunner is not being revealed in any way, shape, or form. And as I cannot find them or try to stop them, I'm revealed and despite being quite a good distance, they complete their hack and I'm automatically in Combat Mode, which means I can no longer be stealthy. As I was not very far in the game, I decided to start all over. At first, I thought this was intended...until I had to take out the large guy blocking the door to rescuing Sandra Dorsett. I activated Short Circuit on the enemy, no problem. After executing Short Circuit again, I got the notification meter that a NetRunner was hacking into me. I quickly subdued the enemy NPC from behind with a non lethal takedown, but the hacking meter kept going. After reaching 100%, nothing happened, but if there are enemies nearby, combat mode is active. This has never happened before until the 1.3 patch.

Also, I'm playing on the Series X in Very Hard difficulty.

the hacking meter kept going. After reaching 100%, nothing happened, but if there are enemies nearby, combat mode is active
Yes, I've had this since 1.3 as well. By the time it hits 100%, I've almost always already wiped out the entire group of enemies, but it still finishes the hack. No damage or any other consequences, and the netrunner hacking me doesn't appear either.
*edit - playing on PC

Last edited:
I just started my first playthrough with a Netrunner build and I'm seeing that too,. Bad timing I guess. :(

Didn't realise it was a bug, let alone a serious one, just considered it a gameplay tweak really. Doesn't half make you crack on with the job in hand. I guess if you're super-stealthing and quickhacking your way around an area it might be a bit annoying, I just stuck a silencer on a spare pistol and got on with it.

Save the game and then load that save once you are not showing as in combat. That should make the being hacked bar go away, or at least it used to.

Okay, found a serious bug in 1.3: Whenever I'm QuickHacking someone for the second time, a NetRunner is running a hack to find me. And despite having the "I Spy" perk, the enemy NetRunner is not being revealed in any way, shape, or form. And as I cannot find them or try to stop them, I'm revealed and despite being quite a good distance, they complete their hack and I'm automatically in Combat Mode, which means I can no longer be stealthy. As I was not very far in the game, I decided to start all over. At first, I thought this was intended...until I had to take out the large guy blocking the door to rescuing Sandra Dorsett. I activated Short Circuit on the enemy, no problem. After executing Short Circuit again, I got the notification meter that a NetRunner was hacking into me. I quickly subdued the enemy NPC from behind with a non lethal takedown, but the hacking meter kept going. After reaching 100%, nothing happened, but if there are enemies nearby, combat mode is active. This has never happened before until the 1.3 patch.

Also, I'm playing on the Series X in Very Hard difficulty.
Yop, maybe I have an explanation.
It's like that since day one but maybe more effective in 1.3 :)

You don't receive a "hack", it's a message who tell you that you will be located.
Because Short Circuit (like most of offensive QHs) is not a "stealth" hack. If you don't "one-shot" an enemy with it (and even), you have a chance to been detected (or launch the progress bar at least) and it doesn't requiere an hostile netrunner for that.

The only offensive 100% steatlh QH is System Reset.
If you want been "stealth" netrunner, the best way at the beginnning, it's to use Optics reboot, Distract enemiy and take them down "manually". All the offensive QHs have a possibility to reveal your position and fail your "stealth" :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom