[Constructive Criticism] I did not like CP77 showing at E3 2019

+
I like Reeves as actor too, and icluding hm in the game breaks immersion, but the game is not out yet, maybe he is not in the game.

Keanu is indeed a new addtion to the game itself.
We still need time to digest that.
I don't feel a tiny bit of immersion breaking.. UNTIL I read your post. Oof...

He will def. bring more people.
CDPR makes more money.
We get more contents.

ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ)

Also, don't EVER EVER EVER believe what trailers tell you. Just think about movie trailers...(╥╯^╰╥)
Chances are, what happened in trailers is only one possibility.
Jackie died? Could be, yes.
But we def. gonna get other outcomes.
Its CDPR after all.. (`・ω・´)

Last edited:
Daytime was shown in the 40second ingame montage and the colors looked bleak and washed out. But I hope you're right.

The weather was different. It was overcast and foggy, as opposed to sunny and clear.

Do people really not grasp that weather changes? Id really expect most people who live on Earth to understand this.

The weather was different. It was overcast and foggy, as opposed to sunny and clear.

Do people really not grasp that weather changes? Id really expect most people who live on Earth to understand this.
Guess I'm not one of those earth people then.. (╯﹏╰)b

1. To quote another user (still locating him/her), Keanu was a celebrity, sure, but he's also playing a celebrity in the Cyberpunk universe, so the feeling V gets when he sees Silverhand is similar to ours when we see Keanu. In this sense Keanu's appearance is not that immersion breaking at all.

2. Of course color is different. This is nighttime; 2018 demo was daytime. This is in a ghetto motel; 2018 demo was in the middle of a highly populated district. This demo captures sadness, loss, and betrayal; 2018 demo captured hope and excitement. In fact I'd be much more disappointed if the color scheme WAS the same.

3. They couldn't reserve that long of Microsoft's stage time to show off gameplay demo, so they opted for the CGI. We know gameplay demo will be revealed to E3 participants and later to all of us at Gamescon.

4. I have no issue with Jackie dying. I foresaw that last year, when we learned that Jackie's car would become V's car. It does not mean a development reboot (otherwise there's no way the game can come out next year) or tonal shift. His death serves many purposes: it shows the sheer danger and randomness of their line of work; it sets V up for a motivation; it gives V his car... I trust CDPR can write a good story with Jackie's death.

Just a little reminder: The whole thing we saw last year was the beginning of the game. And the trailer is also set right at the beginning (after the chip-mission). It's not as if Jackie is a well established character with a long history, it's not even as if we would know what implications our decisions have (there is a pretty noticable cut in the trailer right where that matters, strange eh?).

And regarding Keanu Reeves: Actors play roles, why shouldn't they play a role in a video game? Sure, it can happen you see a famous actor but that's the same thing in any movie.

To be fair, Keanu could've been playing someone who doesn't look like himself. That would've helped people accept the tonal whiplash of seeing a real-life famous person in their game.

As for me, I'm blessed with a deficiency to retain hollywood information and am far more interested in the roles and stories they play.

I imagine the normal person has this attention arc:

Oh! I love how that actor is playing John Wick! Who is that actor? *Finds out who that actor is* Alright then! Keanu Reeves! I am looking forward to seeing Keanu Reeves in more movies. I hear Keanu Reeves is also going to play Johnny Silverhand in "Cyberpunk 2077". I like Keanu Reeves. Cyberpunk must be good!

*Sees Keanu Reeves on stage at E3*
Oh my god it's Keanu Reeves! HYPE!

My attention arc is this:

John Wick! John Wick is cool! I like John Wick. This is a good movie. *Goes on with his life.*

*Sees Keanu Reeves on stage at E3*
Oh! It's John Wick. He's not killing anybody though... Oh right, actor, got it. I don't know who this Keanu Reeves person is though.

Oh! Johnny Silverhand. He seems cool. Maybe I'll like Johnny Silverhand. *Goes on with his life.*

For me, I completely missed what everyone else was going on about and only inferred Keanu Reeves must be someone important from everyone else's reaction. Kinda a wasted opportunity for me. I'm still waiting to find out if I'll like Silverhand.

I can't wait wait to meet Christian Bale and loudly exlaim "Batman!" followed by murmuring "Bruce Wayne?", before running off somewhat embarrassed.

From this image the game really looks good. The colors are there and the atmosphere looks great. Though V's hair looks weird.

To be fair, the trailer was VERY CYBERPUNK! It's a dark, violent genre' and this trailer did it justice. The only question I have is: Is Johnny Silverhand real or a hallucination?
Given the way he's glitching at the end, I'd say he's an AI on a chip in V's head. The question is then, how did he get in there?

Guest 4149880

Given the way he's glitching at the end, I'd say he's an AI on a chip in V's head. The question is then, how did he get in there?

I agree, from what I understand. Johnny is dead but his memory lives in the net, therefore any possible digital device as well with a network he can access.

We just saw THE story trailer. I don't think Jackie's death is a spoiler if it happens in the first few hours of the game, which is possible if the 48 minute demo content is "near the beginning of the game".

Last edited:
Its just me but I missed the "Constructive" part here. I bet they still have tons of stuff to show otherwise they wouldnt have left so much hype time.

Guest 4211861

I think the standards for CDPR are so high now, that it's easy to find fault.

Johnny Silverhand is supposed to be dead, yet here he is. Rumor has it he found a way to cheat death.

So my theory is that he's on the immortality chip that "V" steals for Dex in that cinematic. The chip itself might not even give or bring immortality... it's just an ingredient or part of the project that allowed Silverhand to gain immortality and the corporation was studying it to find out how. V and Dex were simply misinformed about its true nature.

Doesn't explain why Dex wouldn't have yanked it from your neck, but I think Sileverhand uploaded himself from the chip and into your system while you were wearing him. Then Dex tries to access the chip, finds it empty and throws you into the trash with Silverhand already inside your hardware.

Last edited:
Top Bottom