Constructive opinions based on the gameplay videos that are released in 2015 (NO DOWNGRADE TALK)

+
I'm not going to derail the thread with too much discussion on this. However, I did not say or even imply that anyone here hates the game or CDPR. You are right that I don't understand, I find that level of nitpicking excessive and not at all constructive. I'm not a CDPR dev so I would never tell you not to give that feedback, its not my place to decide what is or isn't useful to them.

Moderator: QFT and because you said what I would have spent a great deal more bits saying. This thread is for constructive opinion. Constructive opinion and criticizing others for their opinions cannot exist in the same post.

I like everything, except two things, some colors in some vegetation, too saturated and lack of shadows. And the optimization, the game is photorealistically outstanding, gameplay surely awesome too, but the last demo running in just "high" with a i7 4790k and gts 980 at 35 fps 1080p, scares me. This means cosoles will be playing this at low settings, what do we need to max out the game? 970 sli? .......... optimization is my only concern, i didn't see this coming.

---------- Updated at 03:03 AM ----------

Mature what!?

People use microscopes and search for things that are irrelevant.

That's how you find the imperfections and correct them, making a better product. Nothing is irrelevant , ever.

I think the game looks more stunning than ever. I don't understand because I haven't seen any decline in anything (not trying to mention it but I'm just saying that the game looks amazing right now).

Also Geralt's face animations are fantastic now and I'm extremely happy. I love everything I've seen. I am so excited for this game!!!

I see some texture pop-in and the lack of reactive snow. The sound syncing was off as well as Geralt ran across snow. I hope they can implement some features to make it look and sound more realistic. I can tell horse riding needs a bit of work. Dodge and parry animations really stand out now and give combat a sense of weight. Perhaps the most impressive thing were the character models. They've done an amazing job with them. That Nilfgaardian commander really looked the part. I would like to see some examples of the dynamic weather as I know they have it implemented, but up till now it's been bright and sunny.

Just red interview with Mr Badowski from cdpr, couple of things:
- only difference between PC and consoles is resolution, lights, distance, textures are the same for all platforms.
- recommended spec will allow to play 30 fps on max settings

Sken

Forum veteran
First of all, congrats on a great showing, game looks amazing and can't wait till May. There is so much amazing stuff going on an its obvious this will be a truly incredible and memorable RPG.

The feedback/criticism is because we care, because we want the best for CDPR and this game.

Btw, great thread OP!

Feedback
- Remove Level icon on monsters, maybe only visible when witcher senses are active.
- Remove horse stamina bar, replace with horse gets tired and slows its running speed
- Bump mapping and tessellation on textures, ground, snow etc would do wonders
- Overall game color filter seems too colorful and happy, needs to toned down/darker tint to give it more atmosphere to match the type of world
- Adjustable camera via mouse wheel would be awesome please, pretty please. I want to play with a closer FOV if I choose.
- Key mapping on controller would be awesome (I read a great idea from someone in this forum about using the bumpers as a shift key to give more mapping options)
- Please aim for VGX trailer quality in the UBER setting. Some of us will SLI our rigs with the newest GPU's to achieve that level of quality
- Improve the door animation, make it open fast but smoothly
- Footprints in the environment as others have mentioned
- Quest exclamation marks on minimap, its just too obvious, replace with a circle outlining general area, encourage use of Witcher senses
- Combat targeting system, this demo displayed the same issue the 35 min demo had, Geralt lunging in a direction where there was no enemy, like he was lost/disorientated in combat.
- Witcher senses effect is yuck, it stretches Geralt and the world and looks stupid. Replace with a simple depth of field effect where what is important comes into focus, examples below:

- only difference between PC and consoles is resolution, lights, distance, textures are the same for all platforms.

Could I get a link to this interview, and did he cover what the "minimum" spec would get us?

I am a new comer to the Witcher series and W3 will be my first Witcher game (PS4 version). The 35 min gameplay video sold me on the game. The narrative feels strong, and the combat system seems fluid. My biggest concern with WRPGs is the combat systems, and looking at this game's system, I only have one suggestion:

- Add Signs (magic spells) to controller buttons for instantaneous casts (example, R2+Triangle = Aard, R2+Square = Igni, etc).

I feel this will make the combat really fluid, and fun. Currently, opening the radial menu to select a spell causes a break in the flow of the combat. Please consider this for PS4 console, and not just PC :)

Hmm... "constructive opinions."

1. I like the vibrant color pallete. Personally, I am one who likes bright colors in my games. I honestly would get bored of my games if they were photo-realistic all the time (there are exceptions ofc such as Battlefield franchise.) And some people seem to forget that in real like grass is green, the sky is blue. and the sunset is orange. I mean, wtf.
  2. The graphics do seem a bit downgraded to me in some areas. Maybe I shouldn't use the term "downgraded" as much as I should use the term "modified" or "optimized." To me it's clear that they had to downgrade some things to make other things look better. I don't really care because I think the game will look great anyways! And I won't be able to run the game on max settings at launch anyways. Maybe when I next upgrade my computer I will be able to.
  3. Combat looks good enough. If the game is like TW2 except with better combat, better crafting, and just in general ironing out TW2's weak spots then I will really like it! So far it seems that's what we will be getting.

Everything looks like it's up to standard for The Witcher. Great dialogue, beautiful graphics, challenging gameplay, and meaningful sidequests. Good to luck to CDPR with the remaining months they have to iron things out! I look forward to playing the game on release!

---------- Updated at 11:04 PM ----------

Conversations are short and choppy. Hopefully there will be some longer ones with in-depth information, like those with Kalkstein in the Witcher 1.
I want this back so bad! TW2 did not have enough of this. Or books! Bring back lore books plz. I liked learning about The Witcher world. Don't make me read Sapkowski's books just to be able to appreciate the backstory of your game! (not that Saposki's books aren't worth reading or anything...)

Well, if I can make it work on Ultra (minus Ubersampling of course) with 30 FPS with a GTX 970, then I'm down with that. I was not expecting to play it on maximum settings. Not with the huge open world anyway.

facial animations coulde still be improved (LA Noire ist still a lot better than W3 here aka the gold standard...)

You know how they made those facial animations, dont you? If not, look this up on you tube. Did you expected CD Projekt to use same technology? Seriously? You dont see any problem with that?

---------- Zaktualizowano 05:38 ----------

Vesemir and Geralt can talk in normal tone even though Vesemir rides fast on a horse 10 meters before Geralt? Telepathy?
I know what you mean. But it is really hard to do that corectly in games. In scenes like this they dont know how close you will be to other person. It is not a cutscene.

Seems like peasants in the Witcher world like to be kill by horses that ride along in fast pace. Others would step (or jump) out of the way...
Yeah. That seems to be a problem.

Herbs like that don't really fit into the overall environment. They seem to be bigger than other plants. Very gamey...
Well. Im guessing you have never been on Polish countryside in summer.

Diving in full armor+swords...sigh...
My autistic side is agreeing with you. My less autistic side is saying me "atleast it is not full plate armor". I bet 95% of the players would whine that every time they want to swim in this game they need to undress. You know Im right. We still have mods on PC though.

Snow is just a flat texture. There is no depth to it and no effects when you walk on it, not even footsteps.
Yes. To bad. I would love to see snow similar to AC3. One thing they did good there was snow. But it was only game I can think of that actually have good snow in it. They should add foot prints though.

Clipping issue since Geralt's skirt has no vent in the back, just at the sides. Must be very uncomfortable to ride with such a skirt/jacket...
Lets be honest here. There were no game in history of wideo games without clipping issues. Nor there will be in a loong time from now.

Last edited:
What I liked:
"Not so fast roach"!!!!!!! Dialogue ang character models looks stellar and I'm really getting the sapkowski feel!
Combat has really improved!! They added the coup de grace!!! And the slighly slower pace really lets you enjoy the quality of the animations! Hope it still looks as good when facing humans.

What I disliked:
Graphics are obviously still being worked on and some effects like blood that looks too bright for my taste and static snow will obviously be worked on till release.
Imo UI still needs of tweaking, and I would love the option to turn off some parts of the HUD.

Overall I think this game will surpass our expectations(which are really high)

Great topic! Also I'm hoping that CDPR will read it and fix some issues.. Maybe it will be good to write bigger fix-need issues on the first post so that we have all in one place like snow-sound problem, Geralt face, flat brick textures - these fixes that almost everyone noticed..
Besides that, I don't like TO MANY CUT SCENES! You play a little, than talk with a villagers and that switch to a cut-scene.. Then you enter a tavern, then also a cut-scene, arrive somewhere (that griffin attack) also a cut-scene.. Is it possible to skip that? Or do it on-the-fly?
Other than that, it looks very nice, very alive and unique with great atmosphere and sound! Yes it's not perfect if we are going to analyze to every single detail, but still there's 4 month before release..

There you go

http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=90021

Nop doesn't say about minimum, but surly game was leveled to console quality

Well I managed to puzzle my way through the original interview with google translate. It seems the requirements they gave are based on current optimization which they are working on every day to make better. They currently have both consoles set to 900P 30 FPS, but this could improve. Also it seems like Recommended will get you MAX 30 FPS while minimum was suggested to bring in a similar FPS at lower levels. Naturally I imagine playing around with the settings will bring 60 FPS depending on your rig.

---------- Updated at 05:57 AM ----------

What I liked:
"Not so fast roach"!!!!!!! Dialogue ang character models looks stellar and I'm really getting the sapkowski feel!
Combat has really improved!! They added the coup de grace!!! And the slighly slower pace really lets you enjoy the quality of the animations! Hope it still looks as good when facing humans.

What I disliked:
Graphics are obviously still being worked on and some effects like blood that looks too bright for my taste and static snow will obviously be worked on till release.
Imo UI still needs of tweaking, and I would love the option to turn off some parts of the HUD.

Overall I think this game will surpass our expectations(which are really high)

Fully customizable HUD confirmed.

Just watched the new uncompressed video - looks great, there's just few things that bugs me.
* As many mentioned before - snow, if depth of snow is not possible then at least footprints would make it feel realistic
* 2:30 and 2:40 Geralt while running collides with some domestic animals and they kinda "teleport" out of the way. It's an improvement from the famous "come at me bro Goose", but still looks kinda clunky :)

Besides that, I don't like TO MANY CUT SCENES! You play a little, than talk with a villagers and that switch to a cut-scene.. Then you enter a tavern, then also a cut-scene, arrive somewhere (that griffin attack) also a cut-scene.. Is it possible to skip that? Or do it on-the-fly?

Well, yes you probably could skip it, but seriously.... unless your re-playing it, why would you want to? It's a story driven RPG, the cut-scenes play a big part in making the story unique and interesting. If you just wanna run around and kill things then by all means skip the cut-scenes, but you will be missing out on one of the games best aspects.

Top Bottom