Constructive opinions based on the gameplay videos that are released in 2015 (NO DOWNGRADE TALK)

+
The cut scenes will probably for important stuff anyway. If you want to roam the world killing monsters all day, you won't have to worry about that.

What I liked:

Combat looks like a HUUUUGE improvement over all the 2014 demos. The animations now looks fluid and realistic, fast enough for a witcher but still very enjoyable and not frustrating and "dodgy / unnatural" as from the old demos. In my eyes the combat / fluid animations are the biggest and most important improvements since we last saw the game. I also like how smooth everything looked and I haven't noticed a single fps drop.

Im really happy that CDPR took one extra delay to polish this game. It's going to be awesome guys, I can feel it :)

What I didn't liked:
I still think facial animations in conversations needs more polish, sometimes they look kinda odd and not very natural. I also don't like the way too big UI/Hud elements, but I think those will be fixed upon release.

Well, yes you probably could skip it, but seriously.... unless your re-playing it, why would you want to? It's a story driven RPG, the cut-scenes play a big part in making the story unique and interesting. If you just wanna run around and kill things then by all means skip the cut-scenes, but you will be missing out on one of the games best aspects.

One of the game best aspects?? I don't mind cut-scenes but what's show us so far, it has to many.. You play few minutes, then you watch Geralt few minutes, then you play again few minutes, then another watching.. I wanna PLAY all time, not to watch Geralt every few minutes.. I wish those conversations would be on gameplay level, you approach NPC, and you start talking, few questions, few answers and that's it.. To camera stays on you controlling Geralt all time, especially when you entering inn like in this last video.. On the last 35min of gameplay, I was watching Geralt talking to Djikstra for one minute, then few minutes with Johhny, and then after Johnny regain his voice there was almost 6-7 minutes talk with him and his Grany.. Then that cut scene with elder in that village, then when you kill that source of evil, and after that all cut scene until the end of the video.. So in this quest of 37minutes of gameplay, I spend over half time just watching the game.. I don't know for you, but to many cut-scenes (and long one too) kills fun for playing it..

Even after the big changes in combat system, I am still worried about its fluidity specially using the signs, but in the last gameplay videos, when Geralt is fighting the dragons/whatever on the beach, it seems like he changed the sign to knock out them from the air without going to the in-game wheel menu. Maybe they have implemented some button command for each sign instead of having to change in the wheel everytime? Has anything been said about this? I think I can remember that no-menu change of signs in a combat against villagers in the 35 min. gameplay from Gamescom, too.

One of the game best aspects?? I don't mind cut-scenes but what's show us so far, it has to many.. You play few minutes, then you watch Geralt few minutes, then you play again few minutes, then another watching.. I wanna PLAY all time, not to watch Geralt every few minutes.. I wish those conversations would be on gameplay level, you approach NPC, and you start talking, few questions, few answers and that's it.. To camera stays on you controlling Geralt all time, especially when you entering inn like in this last video.. On the last 35min of gameplay, I was watching Geralt talking to Djikstra for one minute, then few minutes with Johhny, and then after Johnny regain his voice there was almost 6-7 minutes talk with him and his Grany.. Then that cut scene with elder in that village, then when you kill that source of evil, and after that all cut scene until the end of the video.. So in this quest of 37minutes of gameplay, I spend over half time just watching the game.. I don't know for you, but to many cut-scenes (and long one too) kills fun for playing it..
You do realize that his new gameplay is a edited video of gameplay highlights ? So you can really judge how many cut-scenes will be in game.
Besides if you don't enjoy cut scenes and dialogs, probably this game is not for you.

Absolutely agree with you Cyrex13, I think the narrative may be going a bit out of hand. I love a good story and the great ambience of these series (almost the only thing that actually works for me on TW 2, actually) but narrative is not better just making it longer, almost all the contrary. These videos show conversations and cutscenes that are just TOO long to say nothing important (Johnny's dialogues, for example, simply take too much time for the actual meaning content for the player, which is close to none) and appear between extremely short times of gameplay. It reminds me of one of the worst defects of TW2, that was having "missions" where for several minutes the only thing I had to do was walking from A to B to chat with a character, then from B to chat again, then walk again to A to chat again...

And by the way, walking, by itself, is not funny either. Please value the time of the player, give them real content for every minute spent with the game.

Thought I'd let you know that one of our environment artists came in to work extra early today and tinkered a bit with all of the brick walls. I can thus proudly report the issue of the sub-par quality walls fixed. :)

Awesome news, thanks :)

Thought I'd let you know that one of our environment artists came in to work extra early today and tinkered a bit with all of the brick walls. I can thus proudly report the issue of the sub-par quality walls fixed. :)

While I am very glad that it was fixed, I would like to ask a (tricky) question.
Would said texture have been fixed/improved if the forum peeps had not mentioned it, or rather said, would it have ended up in the game without the fuss?

You do realize that his new gameplay is a edited video of gameplay highlights ? So you can really judge how many cut-scenes will be in game.
Besides if you don't enjoy cut scenes and dialogs, probably this game is not for you.

Don't get me wrong, I love great story and dialogs, in fact Witcher series are my top favorite games! I also read all Witcher books, and already bought W3, so telling me that this isn't game for me, you are definitely wrong! Just saying, as Rocquito confirmed too, that there is to many meaningless and unnecessary cut-scenes that aren't improtant to watch and it kills fun for player because he becomes spectator not the player!

Well with the cutscenes i have seen in the previous witcher games i'm not at all worried that they will kill my fun or anything like that.
Also as stated above, you can't judge the cutscenes from the gameplay released because it's not one continuous session but rather different clips.

Okay, finally had time to watch the video, and OH MY GOD.. The game looks stunning! Sure, the ground textures seem a bit weird, but other than that, the detail on the faces, the environment, how the vegetation reacts to the wind, everything is damn amazing. The atmosphere in open areas, clouds, animals around, everything really adds to it.The level of detail is amazing. The music really gives the feel to the game. Each of the villages are unique, I like how people are doing different things. The thing that really does it for me is the facial details, its absolutely awesome. Combat looks very good, in W2 I thought it was a bit clumsy, but here it looks very good indeed. The dialogues are great. I read some people think the HUD is a bit big, I think it's just fine, and if it's customizable it's only for the better. I'm just downloading the uncompressed version, can't wait to see it.

Don't get me wrong, I love great story and dialogs, in fact Witcher series are my top favorite games! I also read all Witcher books, and already bought W3, so telling me that this isn't game for me, you are definitely wrong! Just saying, as Rocquito confirmed too, that there is to many meaningless and unnecessary cut-scenes that aren't improtant to watch and it kills fun for player because he becomes spectator not the player!

It sounds like it's not the cutscenes you don't like but the long dialogue in the game between two people. Maybe RPG's just aren't for you...

The thing that keeps sticking out to me are, believe it or not, the trees.
While watching the game, its believable, diverse, but as soon as I actually look at the trees, while the video footage is playing, [or stopped], there is no definition, other than outline, as it were - I mean, no distinct shape to leaves, detail, etc.

Of course, the illusion is great, but I do wonder how I will feel, [and again this is subjective, as most won't care], when I'm in-game, enjoying the environment, immersive experience, and then go to look at the many trees... just to see that its a 'blur' or no real texture when right upon it?

The beginning of the new trailer reminds me of an ESO dungeon, which imo is not bad - though that game is inconsistent with graphics, i.m.o. :)

Top Bottom