Constructive opinions based on the gameplay videos that are released in 2015 (NO DOWNGRADE TALK)

+
It's no use judging a game by some video of strictly selected bits. I'll withhold my opinion until the game launches and I get to play it or read a review from a reliable source.

- Too much hud elements some of which look terrible
- Lip sync off beat (doesnt matter to me doe), some characters talk without moving their mouths after conversations
- No snow footstep sound or prints
- The stop sprinting animation is like something out of Tom and Jerry
- The jump animation for jumping over the wall in that little village
- No meditation animation
- Dog sliding away from Geralt

+ all the pretty colors!
+ sky, vegetation, terrain
+ combat animation tweaks since E3
+ everything else I didn't mention

Last edited:
While I am very glad that it was fixed, I would like to ask a (tricky) question.
Would said texture have been fixed/improved if the forum peeps had not mentioned it, or rather said, would it have ended up in the game without the fuss?

Of course we keep going over assets and polishing them, it's among the reasons we pushed the game back - we see this as much as a bug as, say, a gameplay glitch. I can not really give you a clear answer as to the case with the bricks. They did look very out of place though so it is very likely that they were on someone's task list and had just been bumped up in priority, because it was shown that it was seemingly more apparent than assumed. Obviously we in the locations department take a special pride in our work and try to make our "babies" look as good as possible at all times. :)
On the other hand, the game is huge so it's always good for you guys to keep an eye out and point at things that we might've overseen. Chances are we miss something and would have to patch it afterwards. We're trying hard to avoid these scenarios though, even with things that might be very subtle. Generally not a fan of a "release now, fix later" mentality - as you might've noticed *cough* two delays *cough*.

Thought I'd let you know that one of our environment artists came in to work extra early today and tinkered a bit with all of the brick walls. I can thus proudly report the issue of the sub-par quality walls fixed. :)

I can't believe you respond to something so normal like a wall looking flat.... and you are "fixing it" ? amazing, thank you for your work and all you are doing to make this artwork or just simple exquisite piece of ART is the witcher 3.

One of the game best aspects?? I don't mind cut-scenes but what's show us so far, it has to many.. You play few minutes, then you watch Geralt few minutes, then you play again few minutes, then another watching.. I wanna PLAY all time, not to watch Geralt every few minutes.. I wish those conversations would be on gameplay level, you approach NPC, and you start talking, few questions, few answers and that's it.. To camera stays on you controlling Geralt all time, especially when you entering inn like in this last video.. On the last 35min of gameplay, I was watching Geralt talking to Djikstra for one minute, then few minutes with Johhny, and then after Johnny regain his voice there was almost 6-7 minutes talk with him and his Grany.. Then that cut scene with elder in that village, then when you kill that source of evil, and after that all cut scene until the end of the video.. So in this quest of 37minutes of gameplay, I spend over half time just watching the game.. I don't know for you, but to many cut-scenes (and long one too) kills fun for playing it..

Yes the story is one of the best aspects. And the cut-scenes help convey the story in an entertaining way. Without the cut-scenes, like the way you want them to be at a gameplay level, the conversations would be nowhere near as interesting. The cut-scenes are there to help engage you in the conversation and story, and imo your preference has the opposite affect.

Of course we keep going over assets and polishing them, it's among the reasons we pushed the game back - we see this as much as a bug as, say, a gameplay glitch. I can not really give you a clear answer as to the case with the bricks. They did look very out of place though so it is very likely that they were on someone's task list and had just been bumped up in priority, because it was shown that it was seemingly more apparent than assumed. Obviously we in the locations department take a special pride in our work and try to make our "babies" look as good as possible at all times. :)
On the other hand, the game is huge so it's always good for you guys to keep an eye out and point at things that we might've overseen. Chances are we miss something and would have to patch it afterwards. We're trying hard to avoid these scenarios though, even with things that might be very subtle. Generally not a fan of a "release now, fix later" mentality - as you might've noticed *cough* two delays *cough*.
This is great to know. The game is huge and therefore inevitably some bugs and problems can and will still survive at launch. Nonetheless I hope that you will work alongside us fan, like you always did, to further correct and enhance the experience ;)

Yes the story is one of the best aspects. And the cut-scenes help convey the story in an entertaining way. Without the cut-scenes, like the way you want them to be at a gameplay level, the conversations would be nowhere near as interesting. The cut-scenes are there to help engage you in the conversation and story, and imo your preference has the opposite affect.

The Witcher 2 wasn't any different from that.
And I enjoyed TW2.

Cons:

1. To much color full and saturated like in (witcher 2 in mist and ghost soldiers),
- every shot is sunny and lovely,regarding earlier shots of skellige islands - doesn't look cold anymore

2. Red Bricks are not aligned behind soldiers, seem is obvious
- stone wall would be better

3. HUD to big for now

4. Sound of firing crossbow

5. Can Geralt gasp for air when he jump OR exiting from water ?(sound)

Goods:
1. Music is perfect, amazing work ( and art work was always something unique)

2. Wind Sound lovely and moving trees

3. Distance and world is amazing

4. I'm really proud of CDPR. I hope your hard work will pay off (in many many copies sold on each platform)
-but remember;
-It is not possible to please everyone
-This is not SKYRIM or DA. I
-stick to pale Geralt with greenyellow eyes who is called freak and hated by everyone

This is probably some minor mistake, rest of wall is good.

The game looks amazing, can't wait to play it. I like the character animations and detail, world aesthetics are phenomenal and the combat looks really fun to me.
Has the draw distance changed though? I've got the feeling that it differs from the 35 min vid, especially noticable in the part on Skellige. Or is that just foggy weather? :p

We know -you guys are amazing
this shot is awesome, can't wait for a finished game

Attachments

• Witcher_ex_1.jpg
    Witcher_ex_1.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 35
  • mucke.jpg
    mucke.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 35
I didn't say I don't like conversations and dialogs, just saying that I seen it more of that so far instead of gameplay.. I prefer to PLAY a video game rather then watching it.. :) And I wish that it's just my opinion, but I today I read Kotako review and writer also notice lots of amount of cutscenes in the first hour of his playing, saying that he spend that almost all time watching rather then playing.. But that's just a little detail for my POV, you can't make game for everyone to be perfect..
But no matter of that, I don't doubt that this won't be another masterpiece from CDPR! Knowing that MilezZ already respond of low-texture bricks problem and that they already working on it, it just a guarantee that they listen to their fans and that final product will be an epic game!

I didn't say I don't like conversations and dialogs, just saying that I seen it more of that so far instead of gameplay.. I prefer to PLAY a video game rather then watching it.. :) And I wish that it's just my opinion, but I today I read Kotako review and writer also notice lots of amount of cutscenes in the first hour of his playing, saying that he spend that almost all time watching rather then playing.. But that's just a little detail for my POV, you can't make game for everyone to be perfect..
But no matter of that, I don't doubt that this won't be another masterpiece from CDPR! Knowing that MilezZ already respond of low-texture bricks problem and that they already working on it, it just a guarantee that they listen to their fans and that final product will be an epic game!

Personally, I look forward to cutscenes in games. It's what keeps me going through the gameplay sessions, and a cutscene feels like the story is progressing. So, I'd hate if they reduced the cutscenes.

i was really impressed by the video, most of the little problems wore already been point out, the game really looks GOTY to me, just a little bit sad of the colors i think it spoils the mood in some areas, i wish it was more like W1.

Seeing how you guys respect and quickly react to some of pointed problems I decided to show some more things, that, at least for me, need some more polishing :)

The quality of grass is, especially in comaprisson to the model of Geralt, kinda disapointing and distracts me a little.
Same goes for the sharp-edged logs in the tavern. They just lokk like from some game made years ago. Tessellation maybe?

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the graphics. And, of course Witcher games are not only graphics! But, as I got the chance to show what could be better, I try to do it :)

Attachments

• trawa.jpg
    trawa.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 34
  • karczma.jpg
    karczma.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 43
As far as feedback, I think the game looks phenomenal.

Its going to be something unreal this year.Can't add much to that or else I'd be too redundant.

Me too and I think he should seriously consider to change his job...who complains about

"Too many cut scenes"

Doesn't know a single thing about what Geralt world is...I LOVE those cut scenes, remember me of the stories I read, they make me feel real part of the game, giving me a full immersion in Witcher world...do you want more action? Well go to play BF4 or COD. This is a RPG whit a HUUUUUUGE storyline at the back...

"The name "Ciri" will never stop making me think of the annoying voice that lives in my iPhone, Siri"

...this is because you are quite silly...anyone who has read the books and knows WHO Ciri is and HOW important she is feels the creep when heard about her...

"Can it stay fun for a million-billion hours?"

YES WE CAN, I will love to spend hours and hours hunting mosters, and listening stories of people, whaiting to be amazed by the book characters I'll find in the game...Mr."journalist"...puah...

Last edited:
Regarding snow, from what I can remember, it was just a very thin coating over the rocky hills and mountains, which obviously still sounds like rock on hooves and shoes.

We'll have to wait to see some deeper snow to judge.

Top Bottom