Consume is the big thing now!

+
Consume is the big thing now!

I am not here to brag or something, but i have to say consume is the strongest deck now. I reached 4k MMR ( rank 19) with it barely losing a game and i am now 1300 globally and going higher. Never reached this rank in any other deck before. Everyone is playing dagon while this is the real deal actually!
I was at the beginning of rank 15 when the new patch came and i started to play this deck .

the deck is too strong that i dont need other than water hag against weather and lots of time i end up lacerating instead of clearing the weather ( more value that way).

Most of the times you only need to reach round 3 guaranteeing you finish last in order for your grave hag to trigger without being countered and you win 9 times over 10.

Last edited:
Monster Consume is predictable and easy to counter (if you have the cards). When it works, it wrecks the opponent, but if you are facing a control deck, you are pretty screwed most of the times.

4RM3D;n9159130 said:
Monster Consume is predictable and easy to counter (if you have the cards). When it works, it wrecks the opponent, but if you are facing a control deck, you are pretty screwed most of the times.

Well i am facing lots of control deck and still winning. Since 3 days now i am around 16-3. I read somewhere that you play consume too. Well if you dont know this already, take this tip from me. I care less if i win round 1 or not( except against scoatel dorf ). All i need is to make him take the round with at least 1 card down. They usually do that by lacerating the ranged row. At that moment it wont matter to me as my graveyard is already full with arachases. In round 2 they try to to gain card advantage and fail most of the time. ( here usually when i play my 1st nekker)
in round 3 even if i start , i most probably will finish last and win with my enormous grave hag. plus sometimes they kill all my units in round 3 with their special cards which makes my grave hag even stronger as a finisher.

They are still though one of the hardest matchups for sure.

Consume is one of my decks.

BTW, are you using Crones? I am getting a bit annoyed with all the reoccurring double Crone pulls through out the match. I actually just want to drop them in the first round and be done with it. But now I am actually considering dropping them altogether for some other silvers.

4RM3D;n9159410 said:
Consume is one of my decks.

BTW, are you using Crones? I am getting a bit annoyed with all the reoccurring double Crone pulls through out the match. I actually just want to drop them in the first round and be done with it. But now I am actually considering dropping them altogether for some other silvers.
definitly a no! Crones are overrated with this deck and breaks your mulligan (3 crones , 3 arachas ,3 nekkers etc.).
here is my deck:
Bronzes:
3 celaeno harpies
3 vran warriors
3 nekkers
3 behemoth
3 arachas

Silvers:
water hag
grave hag
marching order ( to pull grave hag)
fiend
frightner
monsters nest ( for an extra behemoth especially if i didint drew at least 1 1st round) . Sometimes i use it for a ghoul to trigger the consume sequence.

golds:
igni ( lock in this patch)
regis ( one of the best golds in the game )
yennefer ( best card for this deck . Won me so many games that i cannot count)
Renew ( to double the awesome golds i already have)

I am running a similar deck, but with different gold cards (Igni, Regis, Ge'els, Caretaker). Throwing out the Crones seems to have had a positive effect so far. Let's see if that remains the case.

:facepalm:really tired of monsters,since closed beta trying to counter weather or now consume, is that what this game will be about?or all my decks must be created to counter this ?it needs to be fixes asap.

marina22;n9163400 said:
:facepalm:really tired of monsters,since closed beta trying to counter weather or now consume, is that what this game will be about?or all my decks must be created to counter this ?it needs to be fixes asap.

Consume isn't that hard to counter, I don't have any issue fighting it with either of my decks (and believe me I have a lot, multiple in every factions).
Every deck, no matter what they are, should run a little bit of control. A few removals in any form, at least one lock and one scorch effect. If your deck synergy with it D-bomb is huge against monster as well.

And it's not about building to counter monster (or consume) specifically it's just doing something that has the maximum chance to survive in the Gwent environnement.
Without control consume is far from being the only problem you'll face, Dwarf, for example, is another deck that you can't realistically beat without a minimum of control (unless you're playing a deck based on the same game plan that can race it).

Last edited:
I have had better success with Dagon and Triss Butterfly. Consume Monster decks usually try to setup their 3rd round finisher (Grave Hag), but I have finished nearly every match in the 2nd round. Control does give me issues as well.
I feel like mostly every deck nowadays is set up for a last card major hitter...so all you need to do is just win the first round.

colorad0kid1107;n9167870 said:
I have had better success with Dagon and Triss Butterfly. Consume Monster decks usually try to setup their 3rd round finisher (Grave Hag), but I have finished nearly every match in the 2nd round. Control does give me issues as well.
I feel like mostly every deck nowadays is set up for a last card major hitter...so all you need to do is just win the first round.

Dagon decks weakness is a short 3rd round. They need to win round 1 fast . Pass round 2 without spending too much cards. And play a long round 3 for triss, yennefer , commander's horn etc to have max effect.
However if they reach round 3 with 2 or max 3 cards left , they lose most of the times. That is the strategy i try to apply against them.

Hi im running the exact same deck as you, just different golds, Regis + Renew, and Succubus and Geel. I use Succubus to take control of a heavy stat buffed card. What do you think of this Gold setup? Not sure to add Gigni and Yennefer to this. Thanks!

4RM3D;n9160790 said:
I am running a similar deck, but with different gold cards (Igni, Regis, Ge'els, Caretaker). Throwing out the Crones seems to have had a positive effect so far. Let's see if that remains the case.
I would suggest to include Yen into this deck. In almost any matchup apart from Dagon swarm and mirror it is about 30+ buff for you. If the opponent is going to swarm and you know it you can use offensive yen which breaks Dagon pretty hard if you find the right moment to use it. I also really recommend Ciri if you use Grave Hag. She is sooo much powerful in this deck.

Masuke08;n9168990 said:
Hi im running the exact same deck as you, just different golds, Regis + Renew, and Succubus and Geel. I use Succubus to take control of a heavy stat buffed card. What do you think of this Gold setup? Not sure to add Gigni and Yennefer to this. Thanks!
i prefer igni over succubus in this patch as it can kill multiple units at once like a row full of arachases in a mirror match or 2 equal strength resilient units with scoiatel. Succubus can be countered in different ways now as the timer is up by 1.
geels is good but i prefer yennefer as it synergize so well
with this deck. Plus renew and geels are not good together.
Now this is my personal opinion. If you are doing well in ladder you can keep them.

i dont like consum swarm. to easy to counter. i play deathwish swarm and i have never lost again consum. the biggest weak is, all the many units are in 1 row. 1 or 2 claws and all is dead.
my favoritie golds are Triss Butt, Yenn, Geels and Pedell.

Michelazz;n9168630 said:
Dagon decks weakness is a short 3rd round. They need to win round 1 fast . Pass round 2 without spending too much cards. And play a long round 3 for triss, yennefer , commander's horn etc to have max effect.
However if they reach round 3 with 2 or max 3 cards left , they lose most of the times. That is the strategy i try to apply against them.

I def won't argue that... That's why I literally go all out in the first two rounds. I have won many games in the 3rd round but I can feel that it was just pure luck. Swarm did help me get from 15 to 19 (whichever rank is when you get 'Master') with only 4 losses, 3 to control Radovids and 1 to frost Eredin. I can see where it will start to fall out and am currently looking for a new deck.

Michelazz
Michelazz;n9160170 said:
Silvers: water hag grave hag marching order ( to pull grave hag) fiend frightner monsters nest ( for an extra behemoth especially if i didint drew at least 1 1st round) . Sometimes i use it for a ghoul to trigger the consume sequence.
golds: igni ( lock in this patch) regis ( one of the best golds in the game ) yennefer ( best card for this deck . Won me so many games that i cannot count) Renew ( to double the awesome golds i already have)

I just started playing a monster consume deck, similar to yours; I've got a couple questions:
Do you use Yennefer or Yennefer: Conjurer, and Regis or Regis: Higher Vampire?
I had Renew but found it hard to get the golds I wanted in a draw.
But, I haven't tried nekkers yet, that probably helps thin the deck?

paul22luap;n9193531 said:
Do you use Yennefer or Yennefer: Conjurer, and Regis or Regis: Higher Vampire?

Yennefer and Regis: Higher Vampire

paul22luap;n9193531 said:
But, I haven't tried nekkers yet, that probably helps thin the deck?

Nekkers are awesome for Consume decks.

Maybe it is the wrong place but it seems there is a bug with celaeno harpy, its eggs and consume, hope they will fix this, the exploit is spreading lately.

xOxygenx;n9278671 said:
Maybe it is the wrong place but it seems there is a bug with celaeno harpy, its eggs and consume, hope they will fix this, the exploit is spreading lately.

Are you (mistakenly) talking about this: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...arth-elemental ? If not, please contact support and let them know about this possible exploit. Alternatively, you could also PM me first, when you want to check if it's really an exploit.

Post deleted. Please keep the content of your posts constructive. Be polite. No ridiculing.

Top Bottom