Content that appeared in promo screens/trailer that were cutted from the final version

+
Content that appeared in promo screens/trailer that were cutted from the final version

I remember seeing some promotion screenshots showing mermaids, but can't find it anywhere ingame. It was cutted in the final version of the game right?

Also, i remember watching a gameplay promo trailer that shows Geralt arriving in Novigrad, then he enters in a tavern and asks a guy about Ciri. This quest isn't in the final version.

If anyone remembers anything else, please post here in this topic.

The quest about the Griffin from Novigrad has apparently been removed from the game completely.

As for the mermaid from the very early trailer, they probably removed her as well. The mermaids/sirens seem to be only monsters that you kill and there is no interaction with them or a cutscene.

I also did not come across a quest that would involve the sirens but I´m certain that I saw them in a recent trailer.

At 0:22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwe_WHARdc you can see what appears to be a quest involving the sirens but I didn´t find it.

Yeah, I am also wondering what happened to the mermaids!

Currently trolling around Skellige and its islands and haven't found a single one, apart from Sirens. :/

There was a small scene similar to Geralt riding with other rider but it lasted like a few second. That was such a disappointment.

Yeah, the griffin quest was just rearranged and moved elsewhere. I actually finished the entire quest line in the swamps before I even ran into Djikstra.

Also, i remember watching a gameplay promo trailer that shows Geralt arriving in Novigrad, then he enters in a tavern and asks a guy about Ciri. This quest isn't in the final version.
The quest is still in the game, it's just been expanded (see the spoilers below.)

Personally, I'm glad they changed it. I wouldn't want to replay something I've already seen.

The Griffin head is the Griffin you kill in White Orchard.

The man Geralt visited is Dykstra. He is a major character in The Witcher 3. He is one of the four major crime bosses in the city of Novigrad, and he's part of the main quest-line.

The tavern was Dandylion's and Zoltan's privately owned tavern. You can revisit it and watch their buisness grow as you play through the game.

The part with Johnny and The Witches is still in the game, fully intact.

Last edited:
Top Bottom