Content Updates? Would like an Answer.

+
This is cool and all, that your main focus is fixing bugs/glitches, but what about all the content of the game you guys removed before release? I'm talking "Braindances/JoyToys/Different Color Vehicles We Can Buy/Vehicle Customization/Clothes/Character Customization(character creator and ingame after you are playing like body/face/hair/tattoos/peircings/nails/genitals)." Npc's have way more customization on them than we get. Npc's also have 100x more clothes than we get. What about crafting? Why can't I craft all the clothes that are currently available? Why can't I upgrade common into uncommon > rare > epic > Legendary? Are these issues going to be addressed? Are you going to add this content that should have been in the game since launch? Or will these be ignored and not put in the game? If you're not going to add this content to the game, then can you release a creation tool for modders to add these to the game? I'd add all of this to the game if I had the tools to do so. Give us the tools if you won't add this kind's of content. It's bad enough we paid 60 dollars for a half-baked-game.

msxyz

Forum regular
Yesterday there was an investors' call where the management of CDPR was grilled over the controversial state of CP2077. It's an interesting dcument to hear because you can get also a glimpse of what is coming next.

17 minutes in, one from the studio staff is answering a question about what they will do to fix the game on last gen consoles, he tells the investors to not expect any graphical or game system type changes, as their only intent is to make the game playable from start to finish.

Moral of the story, I think CDPR is focused on making the game as bug free as possible. But, beyond the promised future DLC I wouldn't expect any major change or rework.

Yesterday there was an investors' call where the management of CDPR was grilled over the controversial state of CP2077. It's an interesting dcument to hear because you can get also a glimpse of what is coming next.

17 minutes in, one from the studio staff is answering a question about what they will do to fix the game on last gen consoles, he tells the investors to not expect any graphical or game system type changes, as their only intent is to make the game playable from start to finish.

Moral of the story, I think CDPR is focused on making the game as bug free as possible. But, beyond the promised future DLC I wouldn't expect any major change or rework.

I just read it as "we won't change graphics and engine on old Gen"...not as "we won't include new things"

I find it really unfair that they got grilled by investors who surely pushed them to release.

I just read it as "we won't change graphics and engine on old Gen"...not as "we won't include new things"

I find it really unfair that they got grilled by investors who surely pushed them to release.

Honestly I don't have high hopes, I doubt they will add any of the content that they removed let alone should have been in the game. I'll be surprised if they do. But my expectations for this game and their company have fallen pretty far. I don't want to wait 1 year for some either free(which it should be) or paid for dlc that adds these kinds of things to the game. All any of us can do right now is wait. Would be nice to get answers from them about this, and their intentions. My only hope is modders will find a way to add all of this.

msxyz

Forum regular

Well, the game was pushed back already too many times. The public (aka the gamers) lost their patience and so did those who lent the money (aka the investors) to kickstart the work. If we go back a little in the history of videogames we have two excellent examples like Duke Nukem and Final Fantasy XV: repeated delays usually don't happen because a game require more time or because it's too ambitious, but as a consequence of something dysfunctional going on behind the scenes.

I would like to know what happened between 2018 and now and if those rumors of a reboot (meaning they re-started from scratch part of the development) are true,

This is cool and all, that your main focus is fixing bugs/glitches, but what about all the content of the game you guys removed before release? I'm talking "Braindances/JoyToys/Different Color Vehicles We Can Buy/Vehicle Customization/Clothes/Character Customization(character creator and ingame after you are playing like body/face/hair/tattoos/peircings/nails/genitals)." Npc's have way more customization on them than we get. Npc's also have 100x more clothes than we get. What about crafting? Why can't I craft all the clothes that are currently available? Why can't I upgrade common into uncommon > rare > epic > Legendary? Are these issues going to be addressed? Are you going to add this content that should have been in the game since launch? Or will these be ignored and not put in the game? If you're not going to add this content to the game, then can you release a creation tool for modders to add these to the game? I'd add all of this to the game if I had the tools to do so. Give us the tools if you won't add this kind's of content. It's bad enough we paid 60 dollars for a half-baked-game.
For such a huge game, it feels so empty at times. The cosmetics, joy toys etc could be implemented incrementally with updates and patches without disturbing the game.

The real emptiness of this game is in the lack of depth. NPC/AI/Cops are shockingly 1 dimensional as is a lot of the city with limited things to actually do outside of the storyline/side quests. This is a bit annoying considering what we thought we were getting.

But it's even more annoying when the main storyline of the game is quite short in honesty, the romances take most of the game to nurture and about 30 minutes to enjoy before the ending. The endings feel premature and some of the endings could have been extended a little.

Each of these alone is annoying but when you piece them together you play the side quests looking for fun and romance to find you really need the main story for that. You play the main story to find there is no repeatability with romances and exploration, and they're cut short. So finally you wander NC just looking for something to pique your interest, somebody to flirt with, somewhere to sit and get smashed, have a BD or some fun with a joy toy, only to find there is very little if any of this. All together they leave a very bitter taste.

Disappointing and actually pretty sad that you build up these wonderful chemistries between characters and start investing in V, only to feel like CDPR ran out of time and cut it short.

I would be okay living with limited cosmetics for a few months or the wooden NPCs whilst they flesh out the beautiful writing and acting of the game, but if they go the other way and throw loads of cosmetics and patches at it and just let a potentially epic storyline simpler away, then I won't bother with game until the DLC drops.

More a shame because it easily had the potential to be game of the decade and really revolutionise the genre. Fingers crossed

nothing will be added, no fun stuff, just fixing PS4 and Xbox One versions for next 2 months, PC and next gen will get some hotfix updates too, but don't expect cut content or additional side activities like (more joytoys, poker or braindance) to be added.

Vejsa

Forum regular
The whole game just needs to be redone to be honest. The main story is lacking, the bugs are becoming more and more intrusive, the gameplay is dull. They should not have released this game. Heck, another studio should have made it. A studio that has experience with games and genres like this.

The whole game just needs to be redone to be honest. The main story is lacking, the bugs are becoming more and more intrusive, the gameplay is dull. They should not have released this game. Heck, another studio should have made it. A studio that has experience with games and genres like this.

You think should Rockstar someday take a break from GTA and RDR and tackle Cyberpunk genre ?

Honestly I don't know. CDPR have the ability to pull off all the things they promised, they just didn't. Rockstar don't care enough except pushing their already famous franchises.
It's not a huge amount that needs to just lift Cyberpunk 2077 out of the fire. As someone mention on another post, maybe 2 new bisexual romances and open up the romance arc sooner so we can enjoy them and spend time with them outside of the quests.

I would honestly take that as a middle ground. I could bugger off and spend my days with Panam, waiting for them to extend V's storyline past the ending with a DLC.

But the cynical side of me says this won't happen and we will fed patches and updates with cosmetics etc to keep us distracted.

It's not a huge amount that needs to just lift Cyberpunk 2077 out of the fire. As someone mention on another post, maybe 2 new bisexual romances and open up the romance arc sooner so we can enjoy them and spend time with them outside of the quests.

I would honestly take that as a middle ground. I could bugger off and spend my days with Panam, waiting for them to extend V's storyline past the ending with a DLC.

But the cynical side of me says this won't happen and we will fed patches and updates with cosmetics etc to keep us distracted.
If I could, quite a lot of the game would be changed. However, It won't take much content to redeem it but this small amount of content is a massive rework in itself.

Yes that is what i am afraid of as well, that nothing will be implemented back into the game.

What is interesting is, that the state of the game shows something happened.
What i mean is you can clearly see that a lot of systems were stripped. There could be several scenarios which might be right or false.
For example if you take a game like Bannerlord and if you followed its development span. You will know it is their custom engine and somewhere in its development span they had to scrap and rework the game. 8 years after announcment it was released bare bones into Steam Early access program.
They are making significant progress now. CDPR is also using their custom engine which at some point they boasted about it and CP2077 on last generation consoles.

The reason why i mention all of this is because, if you look at CP2077 it seems something similar or maybe even a bit more sinister happened. I am purely speculating at this point of course but based on what we saw.
One of the things that might've happened is false advertising, if that is true then that is where the story ends and you wake up in your bed without any future content added and with just bug and stability fixes.

Now another version might be they stripped it away to sell as DLC's down the line.
For a moment lets all take the "CDPR Neon fanboy" glasses off and look at them as a company that set out into the world to make money. Just like you and me when we go to work, only fueled by investors that their only priority is money.

All those conspiracies and negative theories aside, lets look at the idea of them hitting a brick wall like Bannerlord developers and having to scrap what they've built.
To me this also explaines why they didn't delay, meaning they know that even in 3 months the game will be bare bones.
People would say "Hey CDPR you delayed it for X times and it is still not finished?".
Right now they took the hit, got the money for their investors and they know they will be adding that cut content along the upcoming year.

If this is true, i think parts and maybe even big chunks of code for different systems are there.
If you look closely at the "Wanted System" or the "Civilian AI", it seems that it was just implemented. It looks fundamental.
Even the spawning range of the cops was not tested, literally just thrown in there.

The inventory is atrocious, you can't instantly sell in bulks, you can't choose to sell duplicate items of mods or of duplicate quickhacks.
You can't mark for junk or favorite. You can't craft in bulks. The minimap is not adjusted for driving.
Can't rebind crucial keys.

All of these things made by a company that made the Witcher 3?
How is that even possible? It makes no sense.
You see what i'm getting at?

But that is just pure speculation and i guess overly positive, here hoping that we might see those features back and not only bug fixes.
Still, i am enjoying the game but i can't deny it is a shell of something, i just mentioned the systems that are lacking in a very noticeable way but there are so many more that were featured in previous reveals.

Last edited:
Yes that is what i am afraid of as well, that nothing will be implemented back into the game.

What is interesting is, that the state of the game shows something happened.
What i mean is you can clearly see that a lot of systems were stripped. There could be several scenarios which might be right or false.
For example if you take a game like Bannerlord and if you followed its development span. You will know it is their custom engine and somewhere in its development span they had to scrap and rework the game. 8 years after announcment it was released bare bones into Steam Early access program.
They are making significant progress now. CDPR is also using their custom engine which at some point they boasted about it and CP2077 on last generation consoles.

The reason why i mention all of this is because, if you look at CP2077 it seems something similar or maybe even a bit more sinister happened. I am purely speculating at this point of course but based on what we saw.
One of the things that might've happened is false advertising, if that is true then that is where the story ends and you wake up in your bed without any future content added and with just bug and stability fixes.

Now another version might be they stripped it away to sell as DLC's down the line.
For a moment lets all take the "CDPR Neon fanboy" glasses off and look at them as a company that set out into the world to make money. Just like you and me when we go to work, only fueled by investors that their only priority is money.

All those conspiracies and negative theories aside, lets look at the idea of them hitting a brick wall like Bannerlord developers and having to scrap what they've built.
To me this also explaines why they didn't delay, meaning they know that even in 3 months the game will be bare bones.
People would say "Hey CDPR you delayed it for X times and it is still not finished?".
Right now they took the hit, got the money for their investors and they know they will be adding that cut content along the upcoming year.

If this is true, i think parts and maybe even big chunks of code for different systems is there.
If you look closely at the "Wanted System" or the "Civilian AI", it seems that it was just implemented. It looks fundamental.
Even the spawning range of the cops was not tested, literally just thrown in there.

The inventory is atrocious, you can't instantly sell in bulks, you can't choose to sell duplicate items of mods or of duplicate quickhacks.
You can't mark for junk or favorite. You can't craft in bulks. The minimap is not adjusted for driving.
Can't rebind crucial keys.

All of these things made by a company that made the Witcher 3?
How is that even possible? It makes no sense.
You see what i'm getting at?

But that is just pure speculation and i guess overly positive, here hoping that we might see those features back and not only bug fixes.
Still, i am enjoying the game but i can't deny it is a shell of something, i mentioned just the glaring systems that lack but there are so many more that were featured in previous reveals.
That makes sense. Looking back at the history of PR, we've been shown so much. It's doubtful they showed us anything that wasn't actually pretty far into development, and also that they would just chuck any code in the recycling bin. So there is that hope that it was just a big ask for a 2020 release and we will see it next year.

As you say, and I agree, some of it seems so obviously bare minimum: the AI, driving, looting system. And some of it seems blatantly cut short like the romances and certain endings. Fingers crossed, hope and pray, maybe even sell a kidney lol.
Post automatically merged:

If I could, quite a lot of the game would be changed. However, It won't take much content to redeem it but this small amount of content is a massive rework in itself.
Pure curiosity here: if CDPR said we can only do one thing at a time, what would be your ultimate, single fix to keep you on board?

That makes sense. Looking back at the history of PR, we've been shown so much. It's doubtful they showed us anything that wasn't actually pretty far into development, and also that they would just chuck any code in the recycling bin. So there is that hope that it was just a big ask for a 2020 release and we will see it next year.

As you say, and I agree, some of it seems so obviously bare minimum: the AI, driving, looting system. And some of it seems blatantly cut short like the romances and certain endings. Fingers crossed, hope and pray, maybe even sell a kidney lol.

Pure curiosity here: if CDPR said we can only do one thing at a time, what would be your ultimate, single fix to keep you on board?
For me, it would be to make the romances matter. I don't usually care about romance in games but it had me hooked in this one and then after it was completed I couldn't do a single thing with Judy.

The story can end how it does as long as I feel like I was given importance in at least some character's lives, and not just a one night stand.

Agreed. I just want to know if it the cut content will still be coming. This game world itself has so much potential. You could have new content added for years with the sheer volume of locations that could be used within the map.

Vertical growth, rebuilding, taking over areas working with gangs, new corps move in, mayor cleans up city, etc...

If we look at what Rockstar has done with GTA 5 over the last 10 years, they could easily do something similar.

Once all the bugs & AI is improved (Witcher 3 style population interactions would be appreciated at the least..) I think this game could easily have a No Man's Sky style comeback!

Pretty much it, they have already said they would like to add multiplayer some time next year.

I think the biggest problem they had was time. With two battling pressures. One being the game they want to make and two being the time they had to make it. And time pressures will always win in the end.

This isn't necessarily bad thing, as the game is released the time pressure for them to get the game is out the door. Now they can concentrate on fixing bugs, adding content, upgrading and updating.

For me, it would be to make the romances matter. I don't usually care about romance in games but it had me hooked in this one and then after it was completed I couldn't do a single thing with Judy.

The story can end how it does as long as I feel like I was given importance in at least some character's lives, and not just a one night stand.
Particular endings still bug the shit out of me as they feel very unfished and open, so I'll be begging that forms part of any DLC.

But I would agree, if the romances were more in depth, happened earlier and even were available for a holo or the rare meet up after the fact, with more dialogue and progression,i would be much happier.

I'm usually more of a FPS 'shoot everyone to death' kind of gamer, but I genuinely connected with V and Panam, and even Judy. Sad to almost have it cast off for a 10 second jiggy scene.

Pretty much it, they have already said they would like to add multiplayer some time next year.

Honestly they should just forget about even including multiplayer as nobody will be playing by then.

Particular endings still bug the shit out of me as they feel very unfished and open, so I'll be begging that forms part of any DLC.

But I would agree, if the romances were more in depth, happened earlier and even were available for a holo or the rare meet up after the fact, with more dialogue and progression,i would be much happier.

I'm usually more of a FPS 'shoot everyone to death' kind of gamer, but I genuinely connected with V and Panam, and even Judy. Sad to almost have it cast off for a 10 second jiggy scene.
Oh I am pissed about the endings but I have no hope CDPR will even address that. I can only hope for mid-game changes.

I think the biggest problem they had was time. With two battling pressures. One being the game they want to make and two being the time they had to make it. And time pressures will always win in the end.

This isn't necessarily bad thing, as the game is released the time pressure for them to get the game is out the door. Now they can concentrate on fixing bugs, adding content, upgrading and updating.
Thought multiplayer was scheduled 2022 at earliest. It will add another facet to the game, so I'm all for it, but it's unlikely to be anything other than GTA with JoyToys.

Top Bottom