Controls are like handling a bull in a china shop

+
Regardless if I'm playing with a controller or my mouse and keyboard I find myself constantly overshooting, running into everything and everyone regardless if I'm on foot or in a vehicle, and there is absolutely no/zero/zip ability to aim efficiently with the controller. I can't even say I'm noticing any autoaim functionality. I have tweaked the controller setting to adjust all levels of acceleration/bonus, tried different response curves but some of those changes offer minute improvements at best.

The consequence of this is that 1. I burn through all my ammo and grenades in a large fight because that's the only way to land enough hits on enemies, and I have absolutely no ambition to try any other approaches to combat as in hacking or using environment because I'm too occupied trying to look the general direction of my enemies 2. I'm nervous when I am sneaking up behind someone, not because they might spot me, but because I might fuck up the approach because handling your character is so awkward 3. Picking up loot is a challenge in itself because It's challenging to aim at containers and drops on the ground 4. Driving a car is like watching a film of someone driving who has never been in a car before or totally lack the motor skills (npi) necessary to apply an even amount of pressure to the pedal

Another weird issue with the controller is that when you move diagonally (with the movement stick, no other inputs) your character slows down to a slow walking speed, meaning movement gets very jagged if you're not moving the stick straight ahead/back or straight to the sides.

Short version: controller funcitonality feels like having regressed to N64 Goldeneye-era of controllers, please update to 2020

A problem with K&M on PC
Please CD PROJEKT RED, add a "Toggle Walk" button. It immensely destroys immersion jogging/sprinting around, I want to be able to see the city walking.

Top Bottom