Convert fbx and xml into w2mesh issue

+
Hello, I wanted to make a mod to add a custom sword into the game as MarvelMaster did but I have an issue while I try to import back my xml/fbx into a w2mesh file. Ingame my sword is invisible and I only have one CMaterialInstance entry when I look at the w2mesh file that I made when cooking the files with modKitchen ( I also tried with W3Oven and with and without local depot ).
My current xml file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<mesh>
<mesh_data autohideDistance="60.00" isTwoSided="false" useExtraStreams="true" mergeInGlobalShadowMesh="true" entityProxy="false">
<LODs>
<LOD_info distance="0.00" />
<LOD_info distance="5.00" />
</LODs>
</mesh_data>
<materials>
<material name="materialtest" local="true" base="engine\materials\graphs\pbr_std.w2mg">
<param name="Normal" type="handle:ITexture" value="dlc\dlcstormbringer\data\items\weapons\swords\witcher_steel_swords\model\stormbringer_n.xbm" />
<param name="Diffuse" type="handle:ITexture" value="dlc\dlcstormbringer\data\items\weapons\swords\witcher_steel_swords\model\stormbringer_d.xbm" />
<param name="SpecularColor" type="Color" value="45; 45; 45; 255" />
<param name="VarianceOffset" type="Float" value="10" />
<param name="VarianceColor" type="Color" value="253; 132; 103; 255" />
</material>
<material name="materialtest" local="true" base="engine\materials\graphs\pbr_std_colorshift.w2mg">
<param name="Normal" type="handle:ITexture" value="dlc\dlcstormbringer\data\items\weapons\swords\witcher_steel_swords\model\stormbringer_n.xbm" />
<param name="Diffuse" type="handle:ITexture" value="dlc\dlcstormbringer\data\items\weapons\swords\witcher_steel_swords\model\stormbringer_d.xbm" />
<param name="AOPower" type="Float" value="0.3" />
<param name="RSpecScale" type="Float" value="0.8" />
<param name="RSpecBase" type="Float" value="-0.25" />
<param name="SpecularColor" type="Color" value="111; 111; 111; 255" />
<param name="DetailNormal" type="Handle:ITexture" value="engine\textures\editor\normal.xbm" />
</material>
</materials>

</mesh>

The material name "materialtest" is the name of the material that I made and applied to the sword in blender.
What I currently see in the mod editor for the w2mesh file : I searched everywhere, restarted everything a million time, and I have no idea what I've done wrong, if you need any additional informations I will provide everything.

What I have not tried ( but I have no idea if it has any impact over the final result ) :
- Tryed to match all the param stuff with my model in blender --> for exaemple set the SpecularColor from the value in the xml to my model SpecularColor in Blender (I have no idea how to do it tho)
- Adding my owns chunk and editing the whole w2mesh file directly from SarcenModEditor to match what I saw on videos like MarvelMaster's ones

I would be so grateful for your help, I learnt (the basics) of 3D modeling to make my sword from scratches, this my first mod for TW3 please make it work :cry:
Also there is spaces behind param names like a real clean xml file would have but they are just not displayed here so I attached the xml file I you want to have a better look.

Attachments

• stormbringer.zip
    653 bytes · Views: 68
Top Bottom