Cool = Charisma???

+
here is an example of how I used the cool stat in pen and paper RPG. say your player character is not Solo or military or law enforcement, no military training of any kind. ... your player character just got shot at. now in real life most people tend too stop and try too look for where the shot came from instead of reacting to the situation. so I would have the player role under there cool too see if they react too the shot or are they just standing there looking for the shooter.
Post automatically merged:

another time one would use the cool stat in cyberpunk 2020 say your player character is being tortured I would have the player make a cool check too see if he spills beans. but as people have stated before its primarily used as a stress check .

I think a good way to have this in the game is to have notification of some sort that a cool check is happening too let the player know that there is a possibility for different out come if they played the same scenario again or keep it hidden with the understanding that these things happen.

Last edited:
Well, I hope we will see in the next video if there is a social system in this game (and what part Cool made into it) or if the game is combats + choices without stats.

I'm pretty disappointed, the skillsystem looks very simple. It's almost all about combat skills, where are social skills like Persuade, Intimidate, Bribe or haggling? where is charisma / empathy attribute?or what about pickpockets, stealth or crafting?:(

Attachments

• zcmxwkj4omj31.jpg
    zcmxwkj4omj31.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 37
Hi.
What does the Cool stat actually do?
I still don't understand :confused:

Cool = your capacity to stay calm during a tense fight or anything.
In french it's called "Sang Froid" which can be traduced by "Cold Blood" which kinda explain itself.

The less "cool" you have, the more likely you'll be shitting your pants if someone shoot at you.

Now on social skills, there were many talks of dialogs options etc... we need to see how deep it's pushing the game, or if it's just superficial.
are the dialog option only doable with quests, what will they leads us to, can we talk our way out of combats (seems like you're forced to get in the action from what we saw) etc...

How deep is the gameplay, how much of an impact can we make on V's story? :/

Cause right now it looks like a generic FPS, not bad, but not what you'd expect from an RPG first, looks very streamlined, as suhiira said, it's only public demo so:
Either it's an fps action adventure, but half want to admit it
Either it's a deep rpg but they hide most of the stuff to keep the surprise.

In any case they're just getting me lost, since they don't stress out what we'll get.

Some may copy/paste the game announcement : "lol adventure/rpg"
But yeah, Shenmue and Deus Ex were sold as such too...

They showed a lot... And at the same time not so much...
We have plenty skills, but how does it match, how does it pushes your game.

The deep dive was basicaly "loook dude, we have skills too", showing a lots of fancy stuff but not elaborating on it.

Last edited:
Cool = your capacity to stay calm during a tense fight or anything.
In french it's called "Sang Froid" which can be traduced by "Cold Blood" which kinda explain itself.

The less "cool" you have, the more likely you'll be shitting your pants if someone shoot at you.
My character will be shitting himself constantly. I like the roleplay implications.

My character will be shitting himself constantly. I like the roleplay implications.

That's what I hope when I rant about "how deep the gameplay is".
Having low Intelligence, low Cool, etc... Should press your game.

Fallout had you talking like a braindead " ugah ugah" when you put 0 intelligence... But that's basically what happens if you don't have any intelligence...

Then up to you to play the game the way you want.

Some may argue "that's wasting dev's time"...
Which is probably better used when making 10x t-shirt's variations with bland design just to fill the merchants.

Same, we don't know how many brands of Cyberware there are, if we can buy special bullets types like in 2020 (or new vegas).

I honnestly expect a New Vegas type of Rpg, very deep and exploiting the world to it's fullest. That's IMO what devs should be " wasting" time on.
Now we're in Fps all time, I could care less for a fancy choices of clothes.

Last edited:
I do hope that situations can be dealt with using a cool head and a silver tongue so maybe cool can be used for some social reactions to help keep calm in dire situations instead of leading to violence.

Violence is to be expected in such a world but the way I see it most people are just trying to survive so I've always been a fan of talking down rapidly escalating violent situations and if social stats are gone maybe cool can take it's place in those situations along with life path choices. Maybe some other stats can play a social part too like a high body stat for intimidation.

I still have high hopes : )

Last edited:
I do hope that situations can be dealt with using a cool head and a silver tongue so maybe cool can be used for some social reactions to help keep calm in dire situations instead of leading to violence.

Violence is to be expected in such a world but the way I see it most people are just trying to survive so I've always been a fan of talking down rapidly escalating violent situations and if social stats are gone maybe cool can take it's place in those situations along with life path choices. Maybe some other stats can play a social part too like a high body stay for intimidation.

I still have high hopes : )

I think "Cool" will grant you special option during scenes (at least), like in the 2018demo, I guess if you're out of Cool point, you won't be able to even think about grabing the dude's gun etc...
Would also makes your aim more shacky when you fire your gun under pressure, or even would make melee fight more messy.

Or else, what's the point?
We're not supposed to play the "hero" from the teaser (or just fill him with cool and Dex in that case).

One thing we do know about "COOL" is apparently the "Nerve" perk increases your DPS as your health bar drops. So think of it's as a "desperate offense" in live-or-die situations.

I'm pretty disappointed, the skillsystem looks very simple. It's almost all about combat skills, where are social skills like Persuade, Intimidate, Bribe or haggling? where is charisma / empathy attribute?or what about pickpockets, stealth or crafting?:(

My guess, is that because in this game you have the ability to hack actual people, you'll just up the stats for hacking. So, you want to convince someone to let you through some guarded door, you hack them and make them let you in.
Or at least that's what I'm hoping for since social skills aren't on that tree.
I want to "talk" my way out of stuff! (or into stuff)

Since most of these "basic emotional states" are induced by chemical compounds, or hormones, secreted by different glands within the body i could see (and wonder why i don't see) cybernetics used to secrete them "on demand". Say someone is having a hard time of "staying cool" under pressure. That is true because of the organisms natural response to a given situation, so when someone becomes anxious-panicky, close to erratic behavior, the cyberware kicks in and stimulates, injects or otherwise inhibits the secretion of a given chemical compound for the purpose of "staying cool".

My first V will probably be all reflexes and cool (corpo cyberninja, male if I can make it as I want, lesbian if not, but it'll be my first female PC ever), but I don't want to level up immersion breaking skills like "if your health goes down your DMG output increses" which seems to be the case with "cold blood". I hope they'll reconsider this stuff.

My guess, is that because in this game you have the ability to hack actual people

Talking about that.
Am I the only one who rolled my eyes and were alm "wtf is that?!" when V did "Spiderman Hack" an Animal?

Can CDPR makes a video of one of their team member doing the exact same thing Irl?
Like throwing an ethernet cable in it's port from a distance.

I'm ok with brain hack (even if... That's quite far stretched...), but come on, no wizard superhero bullshit please...

It'll end like Skyrim, after the level 5 you'll one shot everyone, nice to make fun of bethesda some years ago if it's to make exacly the same things they did...

but I don't want to level up immersion breaking skills like "if your health goes down your DMG output increses" which seems to be the case with "cold blood". I hope they'll reconsider this stuff.

What? Don't you know that studies proved that when you're hurt, you squeeze the trigger harder causing your bullets to make more damage?
They're turning Cyberpunk into a comicbook.
Just need V to join the Xmen and we're good.

Last edited:
Talking about that.
Am I the only one who rolled my eyes and were alm "wtf is that?!" when V did "Spiderman Hack" an Animal?

Can CDPR makes a video of one of their team member doing the exact same thing Irl?
Like throwing an ethernet cable in it's port from a distance.
Throwing it in the right general direction is enough. Rest is probably using the same tech that guides the bullets. If the cable is really just powered Monofilament it weighs next to nothing.

Throwing it in the right general direction is enough. Rest is probably using the same tech that guides the bullets. If the cable is really just powered Monofilament it weighs next to nothing.

True, but as I can understand the bullet following heat or something like that, the " spiderman hijack" sounds a bit overpowered.
Or at least, I hope enemies will have access to it aswell, just for the sake of being fair.

Still, auto bullets + auto hijack, just add an autopilot and you don't even need to play the game by yourself.

Can't we sneak behind the guys, stun them and hack? Or access their implants by hacking the main firewall?

Here it feels like you'd give an invisiblilty cloak to Solid Snake in metal gear, it sure sounds cool, but kinda throw away the idea of challenge.

I hope it's very risky and can be countered, or else well... If you don't need to sneak to hack, if you don't fear bullets... That's a bit braindead.

Cyberpunk 2020 stressed that it was you against a mean world, until know we just saw V bullying the world around him, as Suhira said, it doesn't feel dangerous at all.

Hope Cdpr will clarify all of this in their future public demos. It's not that it looks bad per say, but I don't see any challenge at all, that's the kind of stuff I'd rather have end-game and very risky or else it will be boring pretty soon... "Yeah I played it for 4 hours, bullets barely hurt me and I can hack a dude from 10meters away while he doesn't even see me cause I can magicaly throw a razor sharp jack into his brain" sounds cool, but that's what bored me with Fallout 4, too overpowered, too soon, doing the same shit over and over...
I gave up after 10hours.

I agree, it looked bad to me as well, but I consider it a minor problem since it's 100% optional to use it, it's not like skills which are the fundamental of the game.

<clip> but that's what bored me with Fallout 4, too overpowered, too soon, doing the same shit over and over...
I gave up after 10hours.
Fallout 4 had basically two modes (hell, most games do) "difficult" and "to easy". In the beginning you have limited options and have to "think" your way around obstacles but a certain point in almost any game involving combat you get the skills and equipment needed to make combat easy, perhaps not a cake walk, but certainly considerably less then challenging. In most games you reach this point perhaps 3/4's of the way thru the game, in some much, MUCH sooner. And this is a very bad thing.
While a shooting gallery may be fun to play around in for a while, it can never hold your attention and rarely creates memorable moments.

Fallout 4 had basically two modes (hell, most games do) "difficult" and "to easy". In the beginning you have limited options and have to "think" your way around obstacles but a certain point in almost any game involving combat you get the skills and equipment needed to make combat easy, perhaps not a cake walk, but certainly considerably less then challenging. In most games you reach this point perhaps 3/4's of the way thru the game, in some much, MUCH sooner. And this is a very bad thing.
While a shooting gallery may be fun to play around in for a while, it can never hold your attention and rarely creates memorable moments.

That's what I pointed, I don't care being overpowered once you reach some levels (works like that in the pnp too anyway), but it's better when it's around the end of the game, not having a super armor etc... After two hours of games.

It had to keep you pushing forward, bringing you even more hostile and talented enemies, Cyberpunk has plenty stuff to make it happens.

Just like the Mantis Blades slashers.
It's an Arasaka cyberware, seemingly illegal and most likely used for their high ranked solos/ninjas.
If I get it after 3hours of game, I'd find that a bit off.

Just like, finding a shaddy person to get you an Uzi or an Ak Irl would be easy (in a country in which buy weapons is illegal), it's common weapons and are so spreads around that it's not that of an hassle to get one.

Now finding some high end modern weapons like a Tar21 should be way harder and would require some very solid connections, people who can trust you and are sure you're not a snitch.

Customisation is cool, but I'd like it better if we'd spend most of the game with shitty street's custom', unless you're in touch with the good person (which doesn't happens straight over), would really give a sense of progression and of "fuck yeah, I finaly got that thing".

Or having to deal with a cheap low-cost imitation if you can't find the real deal, which would of course have it's bad points to balance it.

Cause if you get all your good stuff after a couple hours, the only things that remains would be to grind to max your skill which isn't really that fun.

I find it way more interesting to be an underdog, being smart enought to deal with bigger enemies, winning better gears, only to face even harder foes.

Not just having a full borg in a tank coming over you, shooting it dead with a railgun and that's it...
Boom explosion.

Just like Bosses.
The maelstorm or the Animal were put down with guns, running around them and shooting the red dot...
Couldn't we have boss fight in which you'd feel over powered (hense the " boss" word) and would have to run aroubd, using the world to outsmart them.

The Solo run sounds way too "heroic", would be fun to smoke people like rambo for a while, but I'd find it boring after 50hours

It needs to feel rewarding.
Auto bullets, auto hacks, "looks" cool, but as a player, I wouldn't feel rewarded :/

Tldr:
Less Rambo, more Die Hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom