Cop behavior in missions vs the rest of the game

+
There are entire missions you can miss, because they only launch when you approach and interact with a cop.
... But every other time you've walked up to a cop they have literally killed you just for approaching them.

Also there are times that the mission expects you to fight cops, and in these cases the cops are normal, defeatable opponents.
... But every other time you have fought cops they've been infinitely-spawning, teleporting super death machines that you should run from.

It's interesting to me that the designers teach you certain things about the NCPD, but then expect you to behave oppositely in 1% of situations (that look the same as the other 99%).

Yeah i do remember the small event where you could help that corpo against the cops who where beating him to the ground. I was hesistant in that first too, expecting to trigger the usual copkiller massspawn of death routine but it never happened.

In the apartment building there are four sets of cops. 2 cops near V's apartment, and down the stairs there are 2 cops. They're like 20 feet apart. Then on the ground floor there's a cop talking to a guy, and 2 cops at the lunch counter.

One will talk to you and start a mission.
One will literally kill you just for walking up to them.
One will ignore you if you walk up to them, but if you bump into them they will kill you.
One will ignore you even if you bump into them.

Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 3_9_2021 4_15_20 PM.png

In the apartment building there are four sets of cops. 2 cops near V's apartment, and down the stairs there are 2 cops. They're like 20 feet apart. Then on the ground floor there's a cop talking to a guy, and 2 cops at the lunch counter.

One will talk to you and start a mission.
One will literally kill you just for walking up to them.
One will ignore you if you walk up to them, but if you bump into them they will kill you.
One will ignore you even if you bump into them.

View attachment 11192680
Its a meta commentary on the police in real world.
There are good cops - those that give you a quest
There are bad cops - they will start shooting if you even go near them
There are normal cops - they will ignore you but if you bump into them they will shoot you
and there are chill cops - they dont even care if you jump on them

Nah but seriously the police in this game is a joke and needs a total rework especially if they want to sell multiplayer to
people with police like this good luck when you have gta online

Anyway they have all the assets like police cars, diffrent models for police officers etc. they just need to fix the shitty spawning and make car chases possible im not asking for much Im sure most people would be satisfied if police system was on par with gta 3 but as it stands now its worse than gta 1 from 1997 that game had non scripted chases 24 years ago talk about regression :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The fact that cops don't chase you, they just teleport in is a joke. It's almost like a self aware joke too because in the first few moments of the game you even get to see MAX-TAC arrive in a scripted event when you are in the car with Jackie, yet this never happens to the player!!

I really think that there was never an intention for a GTA style chase system,only wanted cops for mission context or some background dialogs.
Then they realized that people will try GTA stuff and they didn't want youtube videos of mass murdering so they put the spawn wanted system.
Lorewise (civilians encouraged to carry weapons at all times,police force almost defunded so Corps can sell security services) and gamewise it will have been better to just keep cops at their static positions(react to nearby threats,as more or less do),declare the whole city a Combat Zone and whenever a player kills a civilian all NPCs in 1 km around just go aggro and start shooting/hunting the player.

Except for the fact they showed video of aerial pursuits chasing V as he was shooting back at them in 3rd person as he was driving.

Don't we all wish that was the game we got.

Was not one of those "cinematic" trailers of E3? I remember one,of opening car door while shooting but I don't remember if it was stated it was in-game footage

There are entire missions you can miss, because they only launch when you approach and interact with a cop.
... But every other time you've walked up to a cop they have literally killed you just for approaching them.

Also there are times that the mission expects you to fight cops, and in these cases the cops are normal, defeatable opponents.
... But every other time you have fought cops they've been infinitely-spawning, teleporting super death machines that you should run from.

It's interesting to me that the designers teach you certain things about the NCPD, but then expect you to behave oppositely in 1% of situations (that look the same as the other 99%).
First time i saw NCPD and their netrunners blocking off a crimesceene, i tought that was a standing invitiation to be a Detective. I was so wrong :(. I think its a missed opportunity, but then again it adds to the immersion that you are just another worthless civilian.

Out in the desert and suddenly you see 'Warrant has been issued!' and you say...'What?' This happened to me twice and I have no idea why, wasn't even anyone around me. Suddenly I'm surrounded by NCPD out in the desert.

I got to close to the two officers right down the hallway next to V's apartment and they started shooting at me. Oddly, I didn't get swarmed by the NCPD. Ran back into the apartment but they didn't follow.

I avoid them as much as possible.

Top Bottom