Core Units In Scoia’tael Spell Deck

+
Core Units In Scoia’tael Spell Deck

Theory crafting a control Eithné deck in my head.

I want to run Dol Blathanna Protector for sure. But what other bronze units should I run? Do I even need more?

I already have a Dwarf deck. So I am trying to stay away from that play style and go full spells, if you know what I mean.

Stuff like Scorch, Dimeritium Bomb, and Skellige Storm are the cards I want to run. Alzur's Thunder and Lacerate as well, on the bronze side.

Most of these decks don't run any other bronze unit, just special cards and DBP.
But that doesn't mean you have to do the same. If you think some othed bronze units might work, just give it a shot.

I would run 3xDragoons, 3/2xtrappers and of course mercs + 3x FL then fill with cards you want to run. I would avoid protectors.

I don't see DBP and full Spell elf as much anymore....for good reasons. I run control+handbuffing+ambush it works much better. People don't get too salty at this kind of deck too because you actually run units. I also beat old Spell deck very easily because I have access to 2-3 scorches, DBP don't mean anything.

I run 3x DBP, 3x Elven Merc & 2x Hawker Supports as my only bronze units. Hawkers are to boost one DBP so they can't all be scorched in one go. Elven mercs are basically thinning + a special card + 2 value. Sometimes I still run Ida as well. Otherwise it's all specials and golds.

Last edited:
Rawls;n9180981 said:
I run 3x DBP, 3x Elven Merc & 2x Hawker Supports as my only bronze units. Hawkers are to boost one DBP so they can't all be scorched in one go. Elven mercs are basically thinning + a special card + 2 value. Sometimes I still run Ida as well. Otherwise it's all specials and golds.

Curious do you run first light for more thinning?

Vespuche;n9182211 said:
Curious do you run first light for more thinning?
Yes. Normally it's FL x2, Lacerate x 2, Azur's Thunder x2, Dshackle x 1, Scorch, Yaevinn, Nature's Gift, SK Storm, Last Wish, Ida Emean, Villen, YenCon, Schirru, Ciri. Sometimes I swap Villen for Gigni or Aglais. + the bronze units above DBP x 3, Elven Merc x 3, Hawker x 2

EDIT Sometimes I do White Frost or Merigold's Hailstorm instead of Ida.

Rawls;n9182531 said:
Yes. Normally it's FL x2, Lacerate x 2, Azur's Thunder x2, Dshackle x 1, Scorch, Yaevinn, Nature's Gift, SK Storm, Last Wish, Ida Emean, Villen, YenCon, Schirru, Ciri. Sometimes I swap Villen for Gigni or Aglais. + the bronze units above DBP x 3, Elven Merc x 3, Hawker x 2

EDIT Sometimes I do White Frost or Merigold's Hailstorm instead of Ida.

What do you think about Ithlinne? I know usually she pulls potions and adrenaline rush for Dwarves. Is she worth if for Alzur's Thunder and Lacerate, I guess you would be pulling.

Vespuche;n9182671 said:
What do you think about Ithlinne? I know usually she pulls potions and adrenaline rush for Dwarves. Is she worth if for Alzur's Thunder and Lacerate, I guess you would be pulling.
I have her crafted but I don't use her very frequently. Two azur's thunder is 14 points, - 5 for her value on other side and your left with a 9 value gold card. Probably slightly more for lacerate in current meta ... but neither is especially good.

Top Bottom