Corp feature: Kang Tao

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Kang Tao is a young Chinese company specializing in smart-gun technology and security services. It's making its way to the top of the weapon industry at a tremendous pace thanks to bold choices, courageous strategy, and government backing.

It's been long, but there have been Kang Tao in 2013 or 20, that was manufacturing polymer wonders and hailed from Indochina. But I might be wrong.

It's been long, but there have been Kang Tao in 2013 or 20, that was manufacturing polymer wonders and hailed from Indochina. But I might be wrong.

You are correct, atom! Nicely spotted. Fashion guns! From Cyberpunk 2020, obviously things have changed in 50+ years.

Kang Tao features in Solo of Fortune 1, Cyberpunk 2013 ( or just Cyberpunk, the first one). "Then Diego Martin Salazir was seen (a lot) with a Kang Tao type 97 stuffed in his belt. Pretty soon it was fashion. "

Kang Tao Polymer.JPG

From Pacific Rim: "Taiwan is a rnanufacturing haven. Kang Tao is based out of Taiwan, and is still independent "

Last edited:
Ahhhhh!
Plastic "Saturday Night Specials", probably why they didn't stick in my mind.
Thanks.

Kang Tao features in Solo of Fortune 1, Cyberpunk 2013 ( or just Cyberpunk, the first one).

Which makes me wonder why they said in the tweet that Kang Tao is a young company if it seems to have been around for several decades :think: Well, they definitely are young compared to, say, Arasaka.

From Pacific Rim: "Taiwan is a rnanufacturing haven. Kang Tao is based out of Taiwan, and is still independent "

...or it could be that this Chinese-based (acquired?) incarnation of Kang Tao is fairly new in 2077.

Which makes me wonder why they said in the tweet that Kang Tao is a young company if it seems to have been around for several decades :think: Well, they definitely are young compared to, say, Arasaka.

...or it could be that this Chinese-based (acquired?) incarnation of Kang Tao is fairly new in 2077.

I would -guess- the latter...this is a modern Chinese incarnation, recently reformed since Corp War 4, the event of which and aftereffects of which smashed a -lot- of industry.

Why was Kang Tao in the original book originally designed as a Taiwanese company, how did it become a Chinese company in the game? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
Post automatically merged:

When did Taiwan become China? :oops::oops:

Why was Kang Tao in the original book originally designed as a Taiwanese company, how did it become a Chinese company in the game? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
Post automatically merged:

By 2020 it hadn't. By 2077 who knows.

However, businesses are bought and sold all the time. Kao Tang was a small weapons manufacturer known for popular but low-quality sidearms. Looks like they were bought up and made larger by a Chinese company.

VelWu

Forum regular
young Chinese company
making its way to the top
government backing

By the Gods! You've done your homework, Projekt. This is on spot. :cool:

[Sard Edit: Politics.]

Edit: I've read Sardukhar's responses to this, of course. Can't say I'm convinced.
How are you going make the whole thing consistent with the current lore established here??:

Last edited by a moderator:
By the Gods! You've done your homework, Projekt. This is on spot. :cool:

[Sard Edit: Politics.]

Edit: I've read Sardukhar's responses to this, of course. Can't say I'm convinced.
How are you going make the whole thing consistent with the current lore established here??:
It says locations for kung Tao in Hong Kong and Beijing.
Are these not Chinese cities in 2020 or 2077?

VelWu

Forum regular
It says locations for kung Tao in Hong Kong and Beijing.
Are these not Chinese cities in 2020 or 2077?

Locations mean places where companies have offices in. Apple and Microsoft also have branches offices/stores in China. Does that make them Chinese companies?

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting question.
Concerning the lore, I'm sure it will be sorted and explained.
It would seem silly to not follow such an imaginative and extensive lore that has been over 30 years in the making.

Top Bottom