Corpo beginning SPOILERS!

+
So when you start as a Nomad you remain a Nomad throughout the game. Same for the Street kid. The Corpo beginning however is over in the first 15 minutes. Then your character is in the same place as the others 2 beginnings. I don't think this story line was well thought out. Why is V who works security for Arasaka best buddies with Jackie Wells to the point he's calling her at work asking how her day is going? The other two beginnings, Jackie meets Nomad V doing the job and Street Kid V and Jackie are both trying to steal the same car, that makes perfect sense. I think they missed an opportunity here to expand on the Corpo beginning. How about if V had an opportunity to give up Jenkins and remain at Arasaka for at least a while? What if she lived in one of those nice houses in the south, What if she became disillusioned working for Arasaka and was approached by someone who knew this, T-Bug? Who was planning a job? What if Corpo V who is basically holds the same position Meredith Stout holds at Militech ( which is why I feel this character would play out better as female) Then gets in touch with someone from a list of less than savory characters she would call on when the need arises and one of those people is none other than Jackie Wells. I was really disappointed in the Corpo beginning. Probably because I had this whole concept swiring around in my head about how it would play out.

They kind of leave your relationship a bit open-ended, but clearly you trust him. Corpo-V works in counter-intel/corporate espionage. In my case I imagined that he was a contact for jobs and information. Kind of like how Meridith uses you. You clearly go to him to do a dirty job, although he refuses.

I really love all the Corpo dialogue I'm getting through the game as a Corpo.

But you kind of have to take what is offered, and fill in the blanks. Yeah, it starts really great, builds, and then ENDS way too suddenly. They all do, I found Streetkid to be (although the most fitting narrative wise) just as abrupt, and at least you got to do an entire job as a Nomad.

With how corporate tend to work you should have the option to double-cross your boss. Then it turns out your boss wanted to blackmail some execs by kidnapping their kids to avoid repercussion after killing rival corpo agent. This triggers a purge of his team including you but as you secretly revealed this plot you are fired just "officially" and are given an unofficial opportunities, even maybe an option to build "street cred" with that corpo agent ;)

Going even further you could have part of the prologue depend on stats you picked. Sort of intel/espionage type of thing.

* High tech corpo: you get in touch with one of luxury clothing shops in NC that wants to push it to the top and want you to get a shippment of luxury cloth from a corpo warehouse. You can even get Jackie there as your muscle man or even captured during his heist attemt at the warehouse. Hidden plot is to gain access to clients and their loose tongue while in the shop...

* High cool corpo: you could be recommended to Moxx boss to help them improve the profitability of the venue. Arasaka side would be espionage and options to fry a client if needed obviously. And if Silverhandosis is avoidable this would be one of prequels to how it could be avoided (giving out full team of Dexter DeShawn to Arasaka).

* High body corpo: you could be enrolled to a elite body building contest/magazine there you would spy media/rich/famous people as well as test some drug for Arasaka that often causes sort of cyberpsychosis which would connect to some of the open world cyberpsychosis bosses (you are making them).

This plus some sort of a virtue/faction relationship system would block/unlock some of the world markers/quests. Corpo would not know or interact with fixers to do a street kid type of mission like a retrieval of a recording or captive (that isn't really high up).

And after you do your intro that virtue/relationship system move you forward that you can move forward into a specific direction, although you can't just switch it by doing a random Regina mission etc. With corpo you could go 007 way and be a hitman/dirty jobs for corpo, getting DeShawn or even Jackie killed (or silverhanding him) or moving path of an intel guy for the corp or moving away from corp contants and investign with more business among the wealthy and famous (although you can't remove corp from a corp).

And the main quest line for corp would be the faction conflict in Arasaka. Go with Yorinobu, Saburo etc. You can get with Yorinobu and do some war at the end, go with Saburo and do some inside war to get him back pretty much, or maybe Hanako, Michiko?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nomad would obviously fall into races, smuggling and tech. To whoever pays - more pronoun gang leaders and so forth. You could help steal the Militech transport for Maelstrom. Get a high tier contract from DeShawn or a counter-offer from Pacifica to get him burned on his Arasaka heist... although Nomad style, not murder, not that personal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Street kid would have access to all those gang related fixers and gangs and actually build business relationship with them and manage being on the edge between them (avoiding being in the crossfire over and over). This would be based mostly on existing side missions but with the need to balance what you do and when and when to avoid being seen/associated with a gig to avoid gang hostility. Edgerunner.

Top Bottom