Corpo lifepath.... *facepalm*

+
Am I the only one that thinks the corpo lifepath is the coolest and most desired lifepath, while sucking the most?

I truly wish I could experience more of the corpo life instead of the merc life. In DLC, please give us the option to return to the corpo life.
I'm tired of being dragged through Johnny's indirect revenge story. I get he helped you market the game, but the mainstory was enough of that ty

There's so many angles to take.
We save/ help Hanako, she offers you a job.
You get on stouts good side/romance, she offers you a job
There's a netwatch application shard on your desk
Even maxtec would be cool

Like what the hell is this get forced to off the director, and getting burned in 15 minutes...what? I would have sold Jenkins out in a heart beat

Yeah, the way you get booted out of the corpo lifestyle feels artificial. I was expecting to be able to experience at least a little of that corpo lifestyle and you just wind up in the same shitty apartment as the other 2. Seems regardless of what path you choose you wind up railroaded into Steet Kid but without the good dialogue options.

If people could like this comment it would be nice. I have bugs to report but can't post new threads because I'm new and need points.
Thanks

If people could like this comment it would be nice. I have bugs to report but can't post new threads because I'm new and need points.
Thanks

1. What you need is 10 posts not likes. Likes of your comments won't affect your post limit. But it's always nice, of course! :)
2. You can start a new thread in the TECHNICAL section without the 10 post requirement, so go ahead and report a bug.

Yes the life paths are not exploited at all but that had been announced it is more a form of background than anything else, just like the four end choices: johnny / panam / Hanako / suicid (the life path does not matter) but I agree, it would be great to exploit them ... We will have to pray that the DLC to come are huge, especially with the current concerns of CDPR.
And for the love of God, put Judy/River/Kerry in the endings if they were romanced. They need some love, not just Panam. Panam is great, but she is more than just a romance option, she actually means something in the whole story, unlike the other three...

Well obviously you return to Corpo life in the end and become part of the body stealing elite.

All Hail the Emperor

All Hail Saburo.
Hey again, lol

But like I said on the other thread- It'd be nice if the jenkins quest was later in the corpo lifepath. But what's done is done. Based on the fact that in all endings Arasaka is pretty much in a collapse due to your actions, I think returning to a corpo is a slim possibility. Unless someone like Miltech was somehow impressed with your work. Technically, if you do the pickup mission, you have a good relationship with them. Right? I can never remember the other 2 big corpo's. Is it Night Watch and something else?

I do wish life paths mattered more, however they're implemented just as I expected. Just to add a little spice to the game. It would be nice if they expanded on all of them though.

The lifepaths as a whole were massively oversold and have no importance beyond the short prologue. You're streetkid V no matter what. V's male voice especially only works with Street Kid, playing him as a Corpo felt so off. They need to add some free story content that actually diversifies the experience between life paths.

I feel the approach (or, perhaps, rather, what was delivered) to life paths is somewhat underwhelming. The idea is great, unique dialogues are a bonus, but ultimately and seeing how so far I only found one late-game quest referring to my corpo lifepath intro that was ... let's just say rather short, a "nice nod" at best, I do feel that they ultimately could've been much more.

Someone already gave an idea in how either the life path intros could be notably longer and their own notable part of the game, or ideally, each life path would've been nearly it's own game afflicting the main plot or offering you a different main plot.

Yes, this is more work, but if we assume they didn't do the game or plot from scratch after a while or several times, all the time could've been invested in perfecting this approach and making life paths more unique and special, instead of being a different door leading to the same path - and rather quickly, at that.

In a nutshell, Streetkid V could see through the (or a unique) main plot heavily from the streets and gang side of thigns, Nomad V could be involved more with clans or run their own clan, Corpo V would see the corporate world, maybe depending on the same plot, be flung out of Arasaka for a while but team up with another corporation.

Lots of potential. If you just take it and allow it as developing company.

The gist? What is not can still be. Through DLC and the next game.

Top Bottom