Corpses

+
Corpses

Does anyone else find it annoying that the bodies of enemies you just killed will almost immediately turn into bones the second you turn your back on them? It's just that I'm one of those people that likes to look back on the destruction I've wrought, and it kind of sucks to see that all the creatures(and people) I've killed have decomposed in about 3 seconds. Also, is there supposed to be blood in this game? Cause I'm not seeing any

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Blood? Yea, lots of it ;DThe best works fast style for opponents requiring strong ;D - especially when we add to this fighting with wrong sword :)

Sorry, I'm not really awake, yet, but there a patch for the American version to get the blood. I'm hoping someone will come in and post it here because I can't remember the name or where they've put it, right this second, but there is one. :wall:found it! :)http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16783.0

I'm with you on the incredibly rapid decompositions. There must be some sort of serious battery acid in the stuff Geralt smears on his swords, that a body would decompose in ... what?.. 15 minutes??!!!??? though I suppose, in his world, that at least helps prevent them from turning into zombies, which as we know require intensive repeat killing. :dead: :dead: :whatthe:So far as the bloodless mayhem... I'm thinking that the game must be full of vampires.... vampires that intuitively know who is just about to get slaughtered, so they suck them dry BEFORE they go get themselves sliced to bits by Mr. Geralt.

Well that solves the blood problem. But what about the corpses? I've actually noticed this in a couple of games, and I think it's stupid. Gears of war, GTA4, etc... There's just no point to it whatsoever.

It's a problem of balancing the need of having good frame rate and realistic game play. It would load down the graphics and computing engines to keep track of all the dead bodies, ie easily more than a hundred, of all the monsters and bad guys Geralt kills in each level. Additionally it would litter the battle field and confusing to loot. So these bodies have to disappear at some time and devs chose to have them gone within a few seconds instead of minutes or hours. Probably because of frame rate issue more than anything.

It also depends on the graphics engine the game is using. The Witcher is based on Never Winter Night engine, a game released in 2002 while Fallout3 is a 2008 game. This is not unlike a game in 2015 that may have better graphics capability than Fallout 3's.

Top Bottom