Corrupted Save Files when Overwriting

+
Even before patch 1.5, if I try to overwrite a save file, it corrupts the save file. I must always create a new save file.

Can I fix this?

I have done multiple Verify/Repairs on the installation as well. I am not entirely sure when it actually started being a problem. Sometime during my second play through with a new character. I tried starting a 3rd character and still happens. I am guessing there will not be a fix and I will just have to endure the new requirement of always having to create a new save file and deleting out old ones.

Using GOG, latest updates and drivers for all.

ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 3080
16GB DDR4

Upvote 0
I didn't think about mods. I have used one mod in the past, the popular 'better driving' mod. I have completely forgotten all about that, it has been sooo long. Like, at least a few patches ago.

I updated. I am wondering if a fresh install would help now. Maybe that mod is lingering causing issues. Not looking forward to that. lol

I will do a fresh install tonight and see where that goes.

Upvote 0
I didn't think about mods. I have used one mod in the past, the popular 'better driving' mod. I have completely forgotten all about that, it has been sooo long. Like, at least a few patches ago.

I updated. I am wondering if a fresh install would help now. Maybe that mod is lingering causing issues. Not looking forward to that. lol

I will do a fresh install tonight and see where that goes.
Ok, don't forget that some files/folders are not removed when uninstalling the game with GOG (like the one where the UserSettings.json is).
C:\Users\YOU\Appdata\CDPR\CP77\Usersettings.json

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@LeKill3rFou

Good mention to the user settings. I would have likely overlooked that.

I deleted everything CP'77 related with the exception of save game files (if I delete these, what is the point, right?). I made sure there was no lingering mods anywhere as well.

Clean install.....Still will not overwrite. It still corrupts the save file requiring me to create a new save every time. I am still early on this play-through, so it cannot be the save file size as I have also checked those sizes; even my older saves are not over 8mb (as I have seen mentioned in another corruption thread).

I am at a loss. Not a game stopper, but really inconvenient, annoying, and concerning.

Upvote 0
Good mention to the user settings. I would have likely overlooked that.

I deleted everything CP'77 related with the exception of save game files (if I delete these, what is the point, right?). I made sure there was no lingering mods anywhere as well.

Clean install.....Still will not overwrite. It still corrupts the save file requiring me to create a new save every time. I am still early on this play-through, so it cannot be the save file size as I have also checked those sizes; even my older saves are not over 8mb (as I have seen mentioned in another corruption thread).

I am at a loss. Not a game stopper, but really inconvenient, annoying, and concerning.
Another guess, can you try to disable temporarily your anti-virus (or Windows Defender). In case, that it prevent the game to create the "entire" save files.

Upvote 0
@LeKill3rFou I had shutdown all antivirus software and verified firewall settings. Still to no avail. Still only able to create new saves and cannot overwrite previous saves.

Upvote 0
Ok, crap... :(
Honestly, I run out of idea. I think you have to send a ticket to the support and wait an answer (if someone know why, it's them for sure).
(Maybe a good idea to add a DxDiag in your report).

Upvote 0
I use the better driving' mod
Thinking about this, I realize I never override my files only make new ones and delete old ones.
But then the auto save and quick save is overriding correct? But they are never corrupted for me.

The better driving mod (the first one that was out the week of release of the game) is just an INI file type mod edit (it is the way the DEV can make small tweaks without touching the game code) so it is not damaging hardcode in the game.

Upvote 0
@LeKill3rFou Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it, a lot.

@SpookyFX I have not had any issues with the autosaves. I am not sure about the quick save though. I will try that the next time I fire it up....adult life and all that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom