Cosplay Cyberpunk 2077

+
"Imagine a future, with circuitry weaving patterns of implants in Night City. It's all about looking cool, slick and lethal, with the battlefront on the digital frontlines."

Anyway, I'm thinking of cosplay of Cyberpunk 2077 when the game is released, and I wonder how popular it'll become with faux cyberwear, contact lenses and other stuff that simply signal that you're it! The cool factor can never be underestimated.

The only limit is your imagination, so tell your tale, and how you would cosplay when given the chance!

cyber_eye_by_ragaru.jpg

And facial circuitry (found here: https://pijamasurf.com/2012/04/conociendo-al-datasexual/ ) I found usiing search-engine; cyberpunk cosplay circuitry head

datasexual_1.jpg

Now, it's your turn.

As a cosplayer, who is working on a cyberpunk2077 "Rockerboy" cosplay - aka a cosplay that is not "V" or any of the characters shown in the trailers - I would love to get in contact with CD Project Red Devs to get 1-2 first hand inspirations or hints.
It would be very helpfull if I could get a Mail adress to contact you guys, or of course contact in here, because mail contact via the usual one on the main website wasn't successful.
So I do hope this little post will trigger a response *keeps fingers crossed*

Gwen

Last edited:
Jackalope Live action Studios is doing a Live Action Role Playing Cyberpunk 2020: Night City event in San Antonio, Texas, May 24-25 2019.

LINK TO EVENT HERE

Cyberpunk larper girl.jpg

This could, very well, be an event with some teaser content for CP 2077.

"Cyberpunk: Night City will focus on an immersive event with multiple venues of interaction – from running missions full of puzzles and combat; to living out the lives of the people surviving in the world of cyberpunk; to underworld dealings for big money; to pulling influence as a fixer working the angles.
Whatever your style of play, Cyberpunk: Night City will have a place for you".

I'm personally not a LARPer, or cosplayer, and will be skipping the event. I wonder. however, who here might attend and bring us any crunchy chewy juicy news, if there's any to be had.

:)

As a cosplayer, who is working on a cyberpunk2077 "Rockerboy" cosplay - aka a cosplay that is not "V" or any of the characters shown in the trailers - I would love to get in contact with CD Project Red Devs to get 1-2 first hand inspirations or hints.
It would be very helpfull if I could get a Mail adress to contact you guys, or of course contact in here, because mail contact via the usual one on the main website wasn't successful.
So I do hope this little post will trigger a response *keeps fingers crossed*

Gwen
Just take a look at the on-line CP2013/2020 books (you can ignore V3). You'll soon note an overall 'vibe' to the artwork.

For the most part there are two 'schools' of thought.
1 - Low key, functional.
2 - IN YOUR FACE !!!

Interface plugs are pretty much standard equipment for any exec, tech, and even most solos (needless to say mantadory for netrunners). Beyond that it's a matter of what you do for a living/in your spare time.

Techs often have eye and/or tool implants to allow them to work with microcircuitry. Corps may find a PDA and phone implant essential. Consider the characters job/class and look thru the books, see what makes sense.

Speaking of Cosplay scene for Cyberpunk 2077: we will have something EXCITING for you in near future, so keep your eyes open, your sewing machines ready and your cyberware nearby!
i AM interested ;)
Tho i am not going to wait that long, so Rockerboy plans will already move on @Lilayah - time flies when you're busy

@Suhiira thanks, but not really the part of my plans I need help for.
Looking for specific visual input from Cyberpunk2077 matching a rockerboy concept - so the connection to the game is 100% clear.
But I think I got a working concept now, hints from your CP2077 devs would be cool tho. Looking forward to the EXCITING stuff.

Last edited:
@Lilayah hopefully at GamesCom2019
Need to learn (and partially master) LEDs for that :shrug: So wish me luck

I'm in the same boat, these micro leds are perfect for cosplay. I'm in love, the subtle animations that could be done would be amazing. It would be nice to hear from anyone here who has worked with them before, or is going to. It's a long shot since they are newish, but I am currently working on a new wardrobe that needs them for sustenance.

Pretty sure the cosplay coming from this game is going to get insane. Totally looking forward to it.

A lot of cosplay in that direction will, as far as I can tell, be fictional (own creations) or cover existing chars like male or female shown V or Geralt, maybe Ciri. Maybe Jacky now.

But I actually wonder how many extensions we will see once more memorable game characters will be known and covered by cosplay, including faction members like Corp goons, gang members, cops, etc.

Kinda exciting thought.

Was never much into cosplay, but often admired the work and effort some went through and for.

For CP I will keep a close eye on this though or maybe even get myself a costume of sorts, once able. Likely a cop, trauma team or corpo faction armor or uniform thing.

Good to show up in that at carnival parties or other CP related events :ok:

Yeah, I have never officially been into cosplay stuff, mainly because I want more functional garb. I don't want to make just a costume because it looks cool, but I want to have something that is good "just in case, shtf gear". Functional, not made of just foam and stuff. Luckily the entire cyberpunk franchise is amazing wearable stuff, so the inspiration never ends. I love how the role play aspect is expected. Some do it well, others do it better, and then there are people who are actually real life cyberpunk-type of people. Those are my favorite and I hope to see them playing their part soon.

these micro leds are perfect for cosplay. I'm in love, the subtle animations that could be done would be amazing. It would be nice to hear from anyone here who has worked with them before, or is going to.

Those micro LEDs look awesome - just cannot find them seperately. Seems it's a PC component feature only for the moment. Might actually write them a mail to ask if they plan to sell just the micro LED stuff - tho I guess getting a micro lcd display will be more practical (and afforable) at the moment.

Also really depends on cosplay, when you say "not made of just foam and stuff". I'm a LARPer fr 23+ years now, and all those costumes are made for long and rough wearing in mind - and that's my idea towards making my own cosplay stuff, too.
Full Torbjörn mecha arm for my very first cosplay is a pain to wear, but actual clothing, boots and such must be functional.
I feel cyberpunk clothing in general (not even counting in all those augmented fabrics from Cyberpunk2020) is already streat or club wear (look at todays cyber goth clothing for example) - and a lot of stuff (as basics) can in one way or the other already be found today (like heavy duty boots, overalls and such).

@Lilayah Possible hint from you / CD Project Red on how political/social controversial your CP2077 versions of Rockerboys tend to be? 2020's are pretty rough round the edges (just see what Silverhand did).
Planning on adding 1-2 fitting shananigans to the costume - though not sure if anything beside a anti "Arasaka corp" button might be too much
:shrug:
Cyberpunk2077_no-arasaka.png

Last edited:
I'm def a noob when it comes to cosplay, but half the reason I wanna make stuff is because 2077 and the other half is because I actually need cool stuff to wear...like for default world.

Go for patches then @Cybunknymph !
Get yourself a jacket you like and add themed patches. I am making patch-designs for my cosplays and a friend is stiching them - but those are really just for personal use. But I guess you find fitting stuff on etsy.
Another thing you can do is painting some themed logos on clothing - people do that with upcycled leather jackets and some of that stuff is beyond awesome! Beside that: CD Project Red's merchandise store?

I'm in the process of tearing apart(in the most elegant way) a whole bunch of leather bags/purses. Patches and leds are on my list of things to make/learn about as well.

I would love to see other people here start posting pictures (and/or links) of their progress.

Maybe after E3 we will have a slew of characters to work on...right now I'm working on things that are just cyberpunk-esque and what appeals to me.

I am the character customization.

@Cybunknymph plan is to upcycle an old goth rock jacket, or take the pattern to sew one from scratch + doing a whole lot of LED work on the backside logo.
ATM doing some vector graphics for my jacket... just bits and pieces until i real material is arriving

you got to be stylish, you know...
...and for Rockerboy theme, I'm going for club & band logos - as well as some political things
cp_Night-city_club-logos_v1.pngCyberpunk2077_no-arasaka.png

"The Atlantis" original seen at the GamesCom CD Project Red social area
"Grand Illusion" by my own design
"No to Arasaka" Cyberpunk2020 origin combined with the good old street sign design
@GwenDaddelt Make sure to share your work with us! :)
hereby done @Lilayah

Last edited:
Speaking of Cosplay scene for Cyberpunk 2077: we will have something EXCITING for you in near future, so keep your eyes open, your sewing machines ready and your cyberware nearby!
So with E3 rolling, any news on the EXCITING news for cosplayers?

Top Bottom