Could a mod bring Nosy Dog back? :D

+
Could a mod bring Nosy Dog back? :D

I've tried really hard to keep that dog alive throughout the Swamp, just to have it disappear upon entering a house. Quite a disappointment.I haven't tried modding yet so correct me if I'm all wrong: could a mod be created in such a way that the Nosy Dog follows you everywhere (even in houses)? And could such a thing be applied to the whole game rather than just to an adventure you've created with D'jinni? (I mean gimme the dog in-game, not in a single created adventure)Thanks :)

no. that would mean editing original adventure. nobody do that and i'm quite sure its not allowed.

You sure? Doesn't the Tomb Raider nude patch also classify as editing of the original? Still it exists.Please excuse the vulgar example.

i'm sure. tomb raider patch doesnt edit the adventure file, it edits character models or textures or both (never used it myself..).to edit dog placement, where we can find it, how does it behave, you need to edit original adventure.

Mhh, a pet companion... a nice idea for a adventure. Unfortunately it does not fit in my current adventure. -.-

flashintheflesh said:
no. that would mean editing original adventure. nobody do that and i'm quite sure its not allowed.
Now my question here would be why?Is it simply that one cannot edit the main adventure or is it not allowed but possible?

its the same possibility like editing original neverwinter nights campaing. ever wondered why nobody do that?i dont have detailed answer, just i know people dont edit original adventures other then for their own use.

It most likely falls into the category of creating a derivative work of the provided "software", which is in violation of the End-User License Agreement.You know the EULA, that thing that no one reads, but everyone agrees to ;)

flashintheflesh said:
its the same possibility like editing original neverwinter nights campaing. ever wondered why nobody do that?i dont have detailed answer, just i know people dont edit original adventures other then for their own use.
Hmm, never played NWN, actually I thought NWN was heavily modded... Must have been additional modules.
flashintheflesh said:
It most likely falls into the category of creating a derivative work of the provided "software", which is in violation of the End-User License Agreement.You know the EULA, that thing that no one reads, but everyone agrees to ;)
That does make sense.So, adding something to the main adventure would include way of adding to the main module... hmmm.

Thanks for the replies I'm not so confused anymore.Heh I'd forgotten about Fable 2... :DWell then, I'll settle for the tiny monkey-thingy instead of Nosy.

Top Bottom