Could Assault rifle or SMG + Stealth work as a compromise for a more fast-paced stealth approach?

+
I just want a more fast moving aggressive stealth style. There seems to be a small grace window when attacking an enemy before an alert/combat state occurs. Anyone know if this is affected by the detection time statistic and thus the ghost perk? The problem is that takedown stealth gameplay is a bit too slow for me. Pistol/sniper headshot build doesn't sit right either, aiming for the head (my aim is horrible).

So I wanted to make a character which is more like... dunno how to word it. A stealth assault character? Like a quick moving SWAT member or something. You get the idea. Moving around in stealth, but emptying mags into targets hopefully quickly enough to not cause an alert state.

I've been wanting to make a silenced SMG/Assault rifle stealth build. But I'm afraid of wasting an entire day playing on it without it being functional. So I was wondering if anyone has either tried it, or can share some theorycrafting/build tips to make such a character work. Not sure if Very Hard difficulty changes stealth detection.

I guess it comes down mostly - to if the ghost perk works to extend the "when-shot-at" detection timer or not.

idk but I was looking at the perks in annihilation (body) tree and some of them should do well with stealth. There are several perks in annihilation (shotgun) which increase movement speed when you enter combat/ or on kill.

That's is what you want - basically: any items and perks that increase detection time before enemies spot you and stuff to increase movement speed so you can run fast (in stealth) from enemy to enemy and take them down from the back before they spot you, and use a shotgun and monowire (a weapon tied to cool and body (brawler) as a backup for damage, since you'll be going body/ cool as your main attributes.

I'm doing an assault + stealth build. They are pretty incongruent paths, TBH. All I can say is if my stealth fails, then I start blasting.

I fear that unless it's a one shot kill, or you use certain hacks to prevent nearby enemies from entering combat state, as soon as you start hosing someone down they'll probably scream and alert all nearby enemies. That's why you want highest damage PER SHOT instead of highest DPS for a stealth build. The first shot should be a headshot, and it should always put them down.

I fear that unless it's a one shot kill, or you use certain hacks to prevent nearby enemies from entering combat state, as soon as you start hosing someone down they'll probably scream and alert all nearby enemies. That's why you want highest damage PER SHOT instead of highest DPS for a stealth build. The first shot should be a headshot, and it should always put them down.

Correct. If you don't mind snapping a lot of necks and using a lot of "reboot/distract" quickhacks, then it's OK, and your rifle/SMG comes in handy when you screw up and the s* hits the fan

This. I love my Overture pistol/stealth build. I also like how the devs managed to actually BALANCE high damage per-hit vs. high overall dps weapons. High overall dps weapons that spray tons of bullets are useful for run-and-gun, high single attack value guns are used for stealth, unless they are shotguns. In many games, fully automatic weapons and high damage per-hit guns have similar dps, so the only different is that fully automatic weapons takes less skill for the same hypothetical efficiency.

Top Bottom