Could CDPR be developing third-person mode for Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captura de Tela (41).png

Captura de Tela (40).png

Is CDPR developing third-person mode for Cyberpunk 2077?
Or is this ad for the next The Witcher?
The future will tell us.
But it doesn't hurt to speculate.
:rolleyes::)

I believe there was a thread about the exact same topic posted a very long while ago and...
Those who really hope about third person view maybe have to realize that is a first person view game and only intended to be played in first person (in the same way as TW3 is intended to be played in third person view...)
At least, modders maybe can do the job but I don't believe that CDPR will add any "official" third person view in the game, never :)

Guest 3847602

I believe there was a thread about the exact same topic posted a very long while ago and...
Indeed.

It's most likely multiplayer-related.
1. Digital Scapes (now CDPR Vancouver) was working on multiplayer component for several other games. Can't remember which ones (I think Company of Heroes 2 was among them)
2. Other job offers at CDPR Vancouver were indicating that they'll remain multiplayer studio

Those who really hope about third person view maybe have to realize that is a first person view game and only intended to be played in first person (in the same way as TW3 is intended to be played in third person view...)
At least, modders maybe can do the job but I don't believe that CDPR will add any "official" third person view in the game, never :)

Or certain cutscenes, like the endings are in 3rd person.

Yeah it says Witcher series/Cyberpunk2077 - most likely mainly focused on W4 but of course expierence could be used in CP2077 as well.

Bottom line is and it was mentioned many times by devs that CP2077 was made as first person perspective game and you cant do both things at the same time with the same quality. There is a long list of why and because but it doesnt matter. Even if they use some third person elements which I think have to be done anyway if you want to have good quality of player animations, reflections, shadows etc. car/bike physics, its a bit pointless to hope that this game will get full TPP upgrade anytime in a future. Speaking about multiplayer - it was said officially if I remember correctly that CP2077 MP is not gonna happen but they will provide multiplayer elements in future games.

It clearly says Cyberpunk 2077. I mean, you can look it up yourself. Maybe it's for mp mode? Because a Multiplayer Programmer is also listed in the same section for Vancouver jobs.
I don't think that's quite accurate. The announcement posted above says Witcher series / Cyberpunk 2077. No reason to assume that's CP2077. Since the 3rd person animations are largely missing in CP2077, I don't see how a real-time third person camera programmer can do much to implement 3rd person in the game. 3rd person needs an entire team, not just a camera programmer.

Its probably multiplayer and W4 related, yes.
CDPR said they reconsidered their multiplayer but never said they'd abandon it(for Cyberpunk 2077). They've actually said little in this regard. Though instead of a CP2077 online, it will probably be a less ambitious multiplayer mode that may well be an experiment in preperation for W4.

Yeah it says Witcher series/Cyberpunk2077 - most likely mainly focused on W4 but of course expierence could be used in CP2077 as well.

Bottom line is and it was mentioned many times by devs that CP2077 was made as first person perspective game and you cant do both things at the same time with the same quality. There is a long list of why and because but it doesnt matter. Even if they use some third person elements which I think have to be done anyway if you want to have good quality of player animations, reflections, shadows etc. car/bike physics, its a bit pointless to hope that this game will get full TPP upgrade anytime in a future. Speaking about multiplayer - it was said officially if I remember correctly that CP2077 MP is not gonna happen but they will provide multiplayer elements in future games.

If you Look at the postings on their website, they have several posts or at least had, for Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer specific positions, I think all at their Vancouver studio not the Main CDPR studio. That is also the same studio where the Camera Programmer position was listed for CP2077/ Witcher series, which has led to some speculation that 3rd person camera may be used in multiplayer but not be fully integrated into the main game. But they have given some indication that the plan for CP2077 multiplayer has changed but will still be arriving in some form. They have just been a little quite about what the new plan actually is, still Id say these job posting mean they are definitely looking to move forward with it.

Just saying: there are tons of reflections and glass surfaces (including V’s shadow) … making V’s 3D model better may make perfect sense if game engine works well enough. I think that’s to soon say never as CDPR didn’t say that ended with Cyberpunk. They said only that CP is intended to be 1st person game, but this isn’t the same thing. I saw during last play tons of environment improvements to damage or V’s movements so maybe one day …

I doubt that a third person mode will be added globally throughout the entire game but I can see potential for cutscenes.

Last edited:
Lol... like they care anymore for this game.
More than an year is passed, and we didn't get anything.

They gave us 2 jackets and a car as first DLC...
Then they added some content in 1.5 (wich was supposed to be already there)...
And that's it.

Tht's their "Commitement to quality" so to speak

Bottom line is and it was mentioned many times by devs that CP2077 was made as first person perspective game
Yep, that's true indeed. I think people need to let go of the idea they will officially release TPP integration, especially when you look at the wonky rig/player animation setup.
you cant do both things at the same time with the same quality.
Mmmm, mostly true. There are instances where it would nigh impossible, but it's doable. Some can make FPP/TPP components that work quite well together, some in which both are competitive with other major titles that only do one. CDPR might not be able to do it, and it can be rather costly, but it's been done before. Some studios have made games that transition between the two seamlessly while some games are setup well enough that players have created TPP/FPP mods that work practically flawlessly.
its a bit pointless to hope that this game will get full TPP upgrade anytime in a future. Speaking about multiplayer - it was said officially if I remember correctly that CP2077 MP is not gonna happen but they will provide multiplayer elements in future games.
I agree about the futility. That being said; I believe it was stated they were reconsidering, or only cancelled it only as a standalone game. I personally don't care about MP for this game, but I don't remember them out right cancelling the project entirely is all. Unless it's already setup for MP, I have no reason to believe it is, they would need considerable rework of an engine that was never designed with that in mind. The fiasco that was Fallout76 bears clear examples of what a problem that can be. Even if that weren't an issue; They would have so much work to do for this game to be anything respectable online that the notion of multiplayer sounds like a fool's errand. Your character morphing into slenderman may be less noticeable than before from FP view, unless you hop in the river, but everyone else would see it. If they haven't cancelled MP, I think they should. They're not up to task for this kind of undertaking imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom