Could cyberpunk be the game we've been dreaming of?

+
Hello guys.Please don't be mad about my english. My english is bad ı'm learning english. Any way That's not the game we wanted. Can RPG mechanics I, AI and earth be improved? there was no mini,Ambulance(trauma team),police chase game in this game. NPC ai very bad. Elections are not enough. The city is great, the character skills are great. No TPS scenes in game

I love this game. The only things I would add would be a 3rd person view or an easy option to just see yourself outside the camera view. More importantly for repeat play would be a way to skip the tutorial prologue to the taking the red pill that blocks Johnny in the apartment. Thats the same 4 hours over and over every time you start a new build. I HATE having to do the background quest, the overly long Deshawn conversation, the Sandra rescue, the incredibly boring and way too long Evelyn BD editing and everything in Arasaka tower and V recovery. The first time it was cool and neat. After that though.... Really the game doesnt begin until after you get past Johnny anyway. Just a quick toggle and starting the character at level 5 with 5 perk points. Its not hard to do and adds to the replayabilty.

There are enough fans that, once full modding is available, the game we want will be available.

Hope keeps a man living.
That's right, without hope for a better tomorrow, why would you even get out of bed?

They have my full support and I believe that the game will come a long way. Narratively, this game has no equal. The FPV is awesome. I always judge games based on the amount of memorable moments I can recall from the game as time goes by. I remember a lot from cyberpunk, same goes for the witcher. Recently finished valhalla, at first I quite liked it but it got stale very quickly, the story was bland, the settlement is useless and just a filler, atroucious enemy AI, the hardest dificulty still feels like you're a god among men and there was just nothing that will stick with me.

I would love to see more interactivity with the night city and deeper immersion. Things like walking, being able to sit on chairs, bar stools and couches. Being able to watch a braindance. Using food items in a way that actually matters. Some reason to keep going back to your apartment, a weapon wall which displays custom weapons. Being able to read shards directly in game. For example you're sitting in your car, listening to the radio or the sound of raindrops and you pull out a tablet which displays a shard that you can read without pausing the game. A lot of the world building is done through reading shards. I think it was too much, especially when the world stops around you. Narrating some of the shards would be awesome. A weather system that is on par with rdr2 and of course AI which makes the city feel alive.

Some of the above is of course a long shot but one can always hope.

My guess is, there are technical limitations due to the design priorities of the game engine. CDPR obviously prioritized the realization of Night City as a contiguous, lifelike worldspace at the expense of dynamic events, complex interiors, and environmental interaction. Given the ongoing performance and stability issues, it doesn't seem realistic to expect this will change significantly in future.

I'm guessing no
Maybe in a sequel , thing is these AAA titles really take a ton to release, 2012 announcement and a 2021 release that's 8 years, i count i can survive 3-4 AAA titles tops before senile dementia sets in :D

With new coming updates should have More RPG dialogue, Property purchase, mini game, uncensored game and better NPC AI. Because we want to see the cyberpunk we watched in the 2018 trailer.

If they start filling the Citiy with places to explore and NPC that have a purpose, then maybe.
There are too many amzing looking buildings you cannot enter. Some of the landmarks, like that huge bridge shaped building in the industrial area, don't even have a fake door.
Every NPC feels like a cardboard cutout, they don't even have names or any distinguishing traits.
Games like Watchdogs or even Skyrim did that better many years ago.

Games like Watchdogs or even Skyrim did that better many years ago.
Not sure for Watchdogs (i never played it), but for Skyrim definitely not... i play it a little bit now (little CP break 1/2h) and in Whiterun, all npc turn in circle all day long and they said the same thing all the time (no need to talk about the number of NPC) :(

Off-topic: Maybe I am an idiot, but the only game where the NPC makes their little life on their side and are not there to just make illusions, it is minecraft. No doubts, they are completely stupid, but they do their thing on their own (sleeping, working, meeting, breeding and even dying in lava/cactus).

Last edited:
Not sure for Watchdogs (i never played it), but for Skyrim definitely not... i play it a little bit now (little CP break 1/2h) and in Whiterun, all npc turn in circle all day long and they said the same thing all the time (no need to talk about the number of NPC) :(

Off-topic: Maybe I am an idiot, but the only game where the NPC makes their little life on their side and are not there to just make illusions, it is minecraft. No doubts, they are completely stupid, but they do their thing on their own (sleeping, working, meeting, breeding and even dying in lava/cactus).
The Skyrim NPCs are persistent. They don't dissapear the moment you turn your head.
They have very simple routines, but at least they have any. They also comment on your equiment and your progress.
In Watch dogs the player could "hack" the bypassing NPCs. It would show a proceduraly generated proflle with their names, jobs, hobbies and the odd joke or two.
Little things like that make a huge difference in emersion.

Yes, if the developers really make an effort to make the game what it was supposed to be when it came out. In the video "Our Commitment To Quality" the co-founder said that they will continue to work on the game and on the bugfixes, so I sincerely hope that they will fulfill what they promised in that video. I don't believe that we will get the game we all wanted, they should add some little things that would improve the game at least a little and of course solve those bugs that made so many problems. :ok:

The Skyrim NPCs are persistent. They don't dissapear the moment you turn your head.
They have very simple routines, but at least they have any. They also comment on your equiment and your progress.
Ok, in Skyrim NPCs have basic routines, but there are few.
In Cyberpunk, NPCs disappear because without that no PC (even less consoles) could handle them. They're just there to give the illusion of a certain life in the city, but like any illusion, it works if you don't look too closely.

And if you add just one dialog line, they have to translate it in many language (too much work). It's just an insane amount of work to add at the insane amount of work they already did :)

Ok, in Skyrim NPCs have basic routines, but there are few.
In Cyberpunk, NPCs disappear because without that no PC (even less consoles) could handle them. They're just there to give the illusion of a certain life in the city, but like any illusion, it works if you don't look too closely.
Yeah, that's true. That would cause a lot of CPU problems

Top Bottom