Could not Xbox one X; and PS4 pro run the crowd update and the "secret"?

+
No I know. We'll see how it goes. It's disappointing and there's no escaping that. I'm a big fan of the game and especially of what I believe their vision for the game is, that was cut-short on release. I see them now rebuilding in all the good directions (including story reinforcement in places that I also believe might take place) but where I play won't keep up with this full vision.
Yep, but I'm "optimistic" maybe too much.
I'm sure they will continue to try to make the better that they can on PS4 and XB1. I suppose for now, "these" things are not available, but I'm quite confidant that they will continue to improve the game at max (but improving AI whitout ruins the performance is not easy I presume).
One thing that I sure, all new story contents (the best) will be available for every one ;)

I also didn't quite understand why there is so much complexity to implement AI on older consoles. Of course, each game has its own engine and ways of dealing with this kind of thing, but an answer that it's "impossible" to implement or make changes is strange.. I imagine it's because it goes beyond just changing the AI, because then from the hotfix even on the PS4 PRO night city became practically a ghost town, with so few NPCS and cars that circulate. So probably the density of NPCS and elements would also have to have some kind of change. I don't know what the "secret" is.. LOL

"Depressing" :sneaky: That word is meaningless when you read through gaming comment sections/forums. You know what word isn't common enough? Unreasonable.

The expectations people have is just too much. You could say at launch that the game was in dire need of fixes and last gen got the worst of it. You could even say it was unacceptable, but now people are going off because they think their old hardware should be able to to keep up with everything that's being implemented. Ray tracing and 60 fps for your toaster? Yeah we'll work on that next chief.

You are going to be disappointed and I guess "depressed" and it won't be CDPR's fault.

People also forget that the CPUs on ALL last gen consoles, even the venerated One X are hot garbage. They always were, because there was simply nothing better available at the time that fit their needs. The Jaguar CPUs SUUUUUCK, and that is one of the main things that held back last gen. Cyberpunk is a pretty CPU intensive game even on PC, so it makes sense that the new crowd reactions would be CPU dependent. Honestly one of the reasons that I feel the crowds were so meh in the first place was because they had to deal with last gen consoles at all, and the way they were doing things just wasn't set up well for it.

"Depressing" :sneaky: That word is meaningless when you read through gaming comment sections/forums. You know what word isn't common enough? Unreasonable.

The expectations people have is just too much. You could say at launch that the game was in dire need of fixes and last gen got the worst of it. You could even say it was unacceptable, but now people are going off because they think their old hardware should be able to to keep up with everything that's being implemented. Ray tracing and 60 fps for your toaster? Yeah we'll work on that next chief.

You are going to be disappointed and I guess "depressed" and it won't be CDPR's fault.
If my toaster doesn't run the game, it's the fault of the company that sold the game saying that my toaster would run the game normally.
It's curious how lately saying that if someone doesn't have a next-gen console has become a pretext to justify a lack of optimization. I play on a ps4 pro, and the performance of this game is shameful, even after numerous hotfixes and updates the game is the worst performing game I've ever seen on a ps4. Cyberpunk 2077 was presented as a game developed as a title for the past generation, not for the new one. The ps5 or seriex weren't even close to being announced when Cyberpunk started to be developed. People only demand improvements because they presented a totally fake image of the game and even after almost a year and a half the game can barely run at 30 fps stably on a ps4 pro or Xbox one x.

The generation of console you have or had during development doesn't matter as much as people want it to. If the game can be showcased in the best way possible that doesn't guarantee that once it's optimized for your outdated hardware that it's going to look identical. I played it on an Xbox One X and it looked great, heard from many PS4 Pro owners the same. Maybe we weren't crushed with depression because we knew what we were playing it on. Maybe we don't run into a bug here and there and cry shame and deception.

People keep claiming they were promised this and that but it was hardly the case. Ignore all disclaimers and your console's obvious limitations but then help yourself to a slice of disappointment. Just don't forget you cooked it up.

So should CDPR stop working on enhancements and implementing features so that everyone feels it's "fair" or do you want to keep believing that they lied to you?

That's a fair question. I "suspect" that it would be too difficult or expensive to maintain two different versions of the game for last-gen Playstation and two for last-gen Xbox (in addition to the next-gen versions of the consoles).

I do not think it is because two versions (and Sony would probably not want that?)

Both PS4 and PS4Pro has the same CPU (Jaguar). It is irrelevant that that the latter has better GPU in this case as it has nothing to do with AI. It has a bit faster RAM but I'm not sure if that helps enough to make some difference.

In short, more points ins Strenght wont incerase your Dexterity skill.

Top Bottom