Could we see an expansion trailer at Gamescom?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

So, their 20th anniversary schedule has basically confirmed that Cyberpunk is on the 24th. I know that's the day after, but they could show gameplay after showing the trailer, I don't know. All we know is that marketing begins in the second half of this year, but I don't think cdpr chooses a random day to drop the trailer. If say it comes out in Q1 2023, that's about a 7-9 month gap between offical announcement and release.

Well if they do feel like announcing the expansion and dropping the patch on the 24th I'm not going to complain.. That's my birthday! Hype Train....

12/31/2023. There ya go. :D

More seriously, after everything that's happened since launch, it's best to take whatever they do decide to preview with an enormous grain of salt.

Well, this year means anywhere up to 12/31/2022. That's the problem with general statements that are only backed up by nebulous Roadmaps. There's literally nothing to hang a hat on.

I believe that statement was also made on an investor call and was in reference to fund allocation. Not to say it won't happen, but...

It also wouldn't shock me if it ends up being that they are just doing work on the trailers, advertisements, etc. and they don't actually show us any of them until next year.

I think CDPR has gotten pretty timid about announcing things too far in the future. I think at some point previously they mentioned not wanting to make any statements until about three months before release - but I could be mistaken. So unless they know for sure the expansion will be in a good spot I doubt we hear anything about a release date or see a trailer.

Well, they did say offically will see something this year.
i mean you will see everything your eyes observe this year and that is something
did they say we would see something on cyberpunk?
an anniversary podcast for CP77 would be something we could see for CP77

I would like more,news about the next update and the free content,and then we can start talking about the expansion.But despite liking the game,almost two years after the release i dont think or wish for anything.

Guest 4412420

Is there going to be Game Awards this winter? If there will be, they might show an announcement trailer there. Expansion/DLC trailers usually aren't released many months in advance, but maybe a month or a couple of weeks before launch.

There's also the fact that after Cyberpunk's release CDPR changed their method of communications and aren't announcing anything until they're 100% certain that the patches are ready. August is too early (in my opinion) for them to know whether they'll be able to meet the Q1 of 2023 deadline. Anything could happen, and it's best to stay quiet until they know for sure.

Global PR director said they are not coming to show a game this time so I really doubt about any news on 23rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom