Couldn't find out how to contact/post tech support + problems with signs and dialogues

+
Hello I have upgraded from my GOTY version (on PS5) and now I cannot use any of the Witcher signs. E.g. I cannot cast Igni.
I've tried restarting the PS5 several times. I've also started a new game afresh.

Note that every time I start up the PS5 and start the game, it behaves like it's the first time I start the game e.g. asks me to confirm the Hud corners, the Gamma etc. This is even if I load a saved game.
Post automatically merged:

I would have logged this as a new thread, and/or contacted Tech support, but there's no apparent way to do so. Please move this bug report to the appropriate channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I created an account because I couldn't find a way to email technical support. Then I found out I cannot create a new topic. Moderators, please split this into it's own?

I bought WItcher 3 the week of November 25th. I have an Xbox One S (previous generation console).

I've been playing since I bought it, many hours, good times, I've made it to level 20.

Yesterday there was an update.

Now, the conversation scenes are unbearably long because there's a "loading" spinner between every sentence. It's so bad that I will simply stop playing.

Can this be fixed?

Hello I have upgraded from my GOTY version (on PS5) and now I cannot use any of the Witcher signs. E.g. I cannot cast Igni.
I've tried restarting the PS5 several times. I've also started a new game afresh.

Note that every time I start up the PS5 and start the game, it behaves like it's the first time I start the game e.g. asks me to confirm the Hud corners, the Gamma etc. This is even if I load a saved game.
Did you try to clear the cache ?
Very weird that you have to readjust the corner (Gamma too I guess) each time you launch the game :(
I created an account because I couldn't find a way to email technical support. Then I found out I cannot create a new topic. Moderators, please split this into it's own?

I bought WItcher 3 the week of November 25th. I have an Xbox One S (previous generation console).

I've been playing since I bought it, many hours, good times, I've made it to level 20.

Yesterday there was an update.

Now, the conversation scenes are unbearably long because there's a "loading" spinner between every sentence. It's so bad that I will simply stop playing.

Can this be fixed?
Try to clear the cache too ;)

Also keep in mind that the links LeKill3rFou mentioned are the links to the official support website.
Several articles (not all of them though) give you the option to contact support directly, in case clearing cache doesn't help.

For example:
Playstation: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-3
SWITCH: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-7
XBOX: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-4

Simply click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket to support.

For everyone wondering how to contact Tech Support, the official channel for the CDPR support experts is through this link: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en

As mentioned on top of the Technical subforum pages:
1671024701314.png

Technical section in this forum is more from user to user help.

It's also worth mentioning that no one can start topics in Hot Topics section (aka main forum page). You have to select appropriate subforums for starting topics of your own. Then those recently posted topics/messages automatically appear in Hot Topics section for others to easily read. For example this Technical subforum has several sub-sub forums.

1671025051732.png

If you still can't create your own thread for some reason, you can post your topic starter in The Welcome Thread and ask moderators to move it for you. Or you can directly contact any of the forum moderators via private mail and ask for help = )

I solved the Witcher sign issue - turns out I didn't realize Quick Throw was active (since I had opted out of Tutorial) and thus blocked the Standard way to throw signs. I resolved it by changing to Standard in the game options.

The second issue, that of always starting up as a new game, seemed to resolve after clearing cache.

All good now.

Follow up on the conversation scenes being slow. I cleared the cache. It didn't help.

But, I played more and can narrow down the problem.

Bad lag conversations happen in Novigrad. Examples: Armorer in Hierarch’s Square, putting on a play to call out Dudu, …

Outside this area is (so far) normal.

Top Bottom