Count Caldwell and Jutta an Dimun bug(s)?

+
Either Count Caldwell is bugged with his interactions with Jutta or his description needs better wording. Jutta was at 18 (highest on board) and Count Caldwell didn't switch to my side. Now I'm told its possible he only checks the side he is currently on at turn end--if that's the case this really needs to be said on his card.

Also Jutta an Dimun doesn't seem to take into account if their is another Jutta on the board. I had an opponent with his Jutta at 18 and I played mine and she still hit herself for 6, so either her card needs better wording also, or this is a bug.

Caldwell has "on turn end". If the opponent plays caldwell and passes while having the highest unit, and you pass after his turn, then the round ends. His turn does not begin, and the round concludes with your end of the turn, which is typical for trebuchet and botchling (which also read, "every turn on turn end")

Guest 4322057

Jutta shouldn’t have hurt herself if the opponent’s Jutta was at 18. Count Caldwell is bugged and unclear. Sometimes he counts himself and sometimes he doesn’t. Sometimes he switches and works and other times he doesn’t. Hopefully we get a fix soon.

Its more about Jutta's bug. Her ability counts only when there is non buffed higher than 12 enemy, or your higher unit. Caldwell is fine

DRK3

Forum veteran
Jutta's case is definitely a bug and should be fixed.

Caldwell on the other hand is working as intended i think, but should be changed so it doesnt count (no pun intended) itself:
I have both won and loss games thanks to Caldwell's weird behaviour.

On one, both me and my opponent played Caldwells, and mine decided to go to his side and stayed there the rest of the match.

On another, the opponent played a Caldwell, i played a bigger unit and it came to my side, the opponent destroyed my bigger unit but since it didnt play anything bigger than 10, the Caldwell remained on my side and i won.

Guest 4322057

If Caldwell doesn’t count itself or does it needs to clearly say in its effect. Personally I don’t think he should himself. Or if he does, at least make it clear.

Jutta shouldn’t damage self if it isn’t the highest, it doesn’t matter if the enemy is booster or not. Typically cards the activate effects if they’re the highest typically count ties as having it as well, so if she damages herself when they also have a 12 that makes sense to me, since Wild Hunt Rider, Wild Hunt Beast, Wild Hunt Navigator, and Imlerith all count themselves as being the highest even if tied with the opponent.

I had a card with 7 power in a row, but Caldwell remained on one that had its higher card with 5.

That card with 5 power was Jutta an Dimun (13 base power). Seems Count Caldwell only looks at base power and not the current one.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I dont think that's the issue - the thing is Caldwell only changes (or not) on turn's end, and that might be hard to figure when it is, instead of switching after every player's turn (1 turn = 2 players turns, if i make myself clear)

i remember that if the enemy place caldwell in his row but after 1 turn you have the strongest unit of the match on your side than caldwell move to your side-
but in the last days 2 times i had the strongest unit but he didnt came to my row
anyone can help me with this ?

i remember that if the enemy place caldwell in his row but after 1 turn you have the strongest unit of the match on your side than caldwell move to your side-
but in the last days 2 times i had the strongest unit but he didnt came to my row
anyone can help me with this ?
Not really, because that is not something that happens. Maybe if you show a video or something of it.

1. he counts himself
2. he only moves on turn end of the player that currently has him, that's the confusing part, because for most people that's not every turn
3. when you both have same strength unit it's a coinflip 50/50 if he will move or not
4. so he works fine and isn't bugged, but the wording could be better

could be changed to "on current owners turn end" or something like that

Last edited:
This card is a complete mess. If CDPR can't get the basic explanation right, let alone the mechanics, why the flip is it even in the game??

I just lost a stupid game because the wording wasn't clear. I had the "biggest unit", excluding Caldwell, yet it counts itself?? How does any hand get to have a card as big as Caldwell, because it doesn't count boosts (or it didn't in my game). Just for a laugh (was already going to quit) I just kept playing cards, damaging Caldwell, long after the oppo passed but it just sat there.

Old Speartip is 9 strength card costing 10 provs. Caldwell is a 10 strength costing 8. Both have the same ability, i.e. they don't bloody move.

FFS sort it our CDPR.

This card is not making sense! My opponent played a boosted(18) caldwell near its 11 power unit. I destroyed his 11 power unit, it should have come to my side(got 10 power unit) on enemy turn end but it didnt!

Either this card is bugged af or its wording is missing something important...

Things like this tend to effect the game and its growth a lot. Because it is not my fault to lose but the game...

- Caldwell counts himself.
- Caldwell makes his "decision" at the end of Caldwell's current side's turn. Not every turn.

If you do not have Caldwell on your side, it will not budge at the end of your turn.

In your case, if he had an 18 point Caldwell your 10 point card was not the highest on the board.

Many times when a Caldwell doesnt "flip" to your side, it is because you are playing last card of the game, so the end of your turn is the end of the game.

- Caldwell counts himself.

Thats the problem then. Missing wording related to cards mechanics, furthermore this mechanic makes you lose or win the game.
I love CDPR, they are number one game devs to my eyes but they should fix these bugs/wordings before pushing new content. If they persist on leaving cards incomplete they will face big issues near future.

Top Bottom