Count Reuven's Treasure [SPOILERS]

+
Count Reuven's Treasure [SPOILERS]

Does anyone know if you can actually discover Diijkstra's treasure location and get his help during Battle of Kaer Morhen? I've tried different ways of doing the quest with Triss and talking to Menge but when i asked him about the treasure location all i got was some vague location which ended up with Diijkstra getting all mad. If i start killing everyone as soon as getting in, ends up being the same. If i let them start torturing Triss but refuse to drink or just outright challenge Menge, outcome is yet again the same.
So i'm wondering, has anyone been able to get his help at all or does the quest always end up with the same outcome, meaning you can't find the treasure location thus leading Diijkstra to get all mad and not helping you with Kaer Morhen's defense since you couldn't help him either?

Sorry if this was already discussed btw, i tried to search for it and couldn't find anything on the subject, at least in this particular sub section.

In your talk with Menge you can ask him for the treasure and than for releasing Dandelion. Yep, he goes nuts and u have to kill them all and somehow it feels wrong, but you get to know the location. The part you've missed maybe is the Key on his body, actually Triss should find it. This way Dijkstra gets the Key to the Vault + it's location.
At least that's the way i did it.

Don't click this if you haven't gone to Kaer Morhen for hunting Forktail.
Will Dijkstra go to Kaer Morhen if he gets the Key to the Vault+its location ?

Don't click this if you haven't gone to Kaer Morhen for hunting Forktail.
Will Dijkstra go to Kaer Morhen if he gets the Key to the Vault+its location ?
Dont click this if you don't want to know what Djikstra provides
Nop, he just gives u some cash (1000 Crones or something) and some Items, nothin special afair

But it`s not worth
to let Triss get tortured for couple of coins, from story perspective Djikstra help changes nothing , what i suposed to do with gold in Kaer Morhen try to bribe Imlerith or Caranthir

But it`s not worth
to let Triss get tortured for couple of coins, from story perspective Djikstra help changes nothing , what i suposed to do with gold in Kaer Morhen try to bribe Imlerith or Caranthir

Actually she didn't agree to it because of dem monay, they're more out on clues on the wherabout's of Dandelion. And that's why she's okay with it.

I've heard that if you

...endure Triss to get tortured and ask for Dandelion's whereabouts (which at least leads to some satisfying ending with her killing off Menge/have their plan to work out) Djikstra will still give you 500 coins instead of nothing, because you gave him the key and partly helped.. kind of. Which would mark the benefit compared to killing them all right away. To have Gerald screw their plan last minute just to get that information for 500 coins more leaves the torture pretty pointless.

Can someone confirm the 500 Coins compared to the 1000 and nothing?

Can someone confirm the 500 Coins compared to the 1000 and nothing?
Djistkra never goes to Kaer Morhen. If you helped him get the vault key back + the location during Brothers in Arms: Novigrad he will give you 1000. Otherwise he just tells you to piss off

So it frankly doesn't make any difference

if Triss is getting tortured or not if you don't ask for the treasure? That kinda sucks.

The game gives you the impression - and so do various walkthroughs, that its the right way to have her tortured and go for the video cutscene, when she's going to kill Merge. While the 'correct' way would be to screw the talk by asking about the treasure and Dandilion next.

Someone mentioned Djistkra will help you at two occassions afterwards, which is the other?

It does make a difference. If you don't raise Menge's suspicions, you don't have to fight any of the witch hunters.

Last edited:
well, I rather meant for the story. I don't mind killing those witch hunters, they weren't really a challenge either. (having two saving atm)

There is a difference w/ saving Dandelion you could ask Dijkstra to help you but he will only send 3 henchman to help you. Showing Dijkstra is a cheapskate like when he help Triss giving her a lousy ship.

but that's only going to happen if you get the treasure back (location + key)? I heard he's upset if you walk straight in and kill everyone but I guess its more about not getting those information?

There is a difference w/ saving Dandelion you could ask Dijkstra to help you but he will only send 3 henchman to help you.

They don't do anything useful anyway. I wouldn't recommend it as a reason for going for the treasure.

---------- Updated at 08:56 AM ----------

but that's only going to happen if you get the treasure back (location + key)? I heard he's upset if you walk straight in and kill everyone but I guess its more about not getting those information?

Yup. The "Djikstra likes you" result only comes if you go through with the torture and then ask about the treasure BEFORE asking about Dandelion.

Don't allow the torture to finish: You get to fight everyone, Djikstra's upset, you get a little extra quest to find out where Dandelion is.
Allow the torture to finish, then ask about the treasure: You get to fight everyone, Djikstra's happy, you get the little extra quest,
Allow the torture to finish, then ask about Dandelion: No fight, Djiksta's a little upset, no extra quest.

If Djikstra's happy, he will provide (useless) assistance during the Free Dandelion phase, and some cash later on. There's no other long-running consequences from your choice.

In your talk with Menge you can ask him for the treasure and than for releasing Dandelion. Yep, he goes nuts and u have to kill them all and somehow it feels wrong, but you get to know the location. The part you've missed maybe is the Key on his body, actually Triss should find it. This way Dijkstra gets the Key to the Vault + it's location.
At least that's the way i did it.

And when you do this, this is the outcome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNtGy0DEwho

That whole let Triss be tortured option was silly. We're talking about Geralt of Rivia, a man deadset on not letting monsters be monsters, whether they are human or bestial, and especially when those monsters are cruel. I'm all for choices (the more the fricking merrier), but in this case, no. There never should have been a choice because anything other than protecting Triss and fighting it out with those guards would be entirely out of character for Geralt regardless how you role-play him.

Last edited:
They don't do anything useful anyway. I wouldn't recommend it as a reason for going for the treasure.

---------- Updated at 08:56 AM ----------

Yup. The "Djikstra likes you" result only comes if you go through with the torture and then ask about the treasure BEFORE asking about Dandelion.

Don't allow the torture to finish: You get to fight everyone, Djikstra's upset, you get a little extra quest to find out where Dandelion is.
Allow the torture to finish, then ask about the treasure: You get to fight everyone, Djikstra's happy, you get the little extra quest,
Allow the torture to finish, then ask about Dandelion: No fight, Djiksta's a little upset, no extra quest.

If Djikstra's happy, he will provide (useless) assistance during the Free Dandelion phase, and some cash later on. There's no other long-running consequences from your choice.

Allow the torture to finish, then ask about the treasure: You get to fight everyone, Djikstra's happy, you get the little extra quest, but Triss is then pissed you cared about treasure more than about Dandelion!

---------- Updated at 09:25 PM ----------

That whole let Triss be tortured option was silly. We're talking about Geralt of Rivia, a man deadset on not letting monsters be monsters, whether they are human or bestial, and especially when those monsters are cruel. I'm all for choices (the more the fricking merrier), but in this case, no. There never should have been a choice because anything other than protecting Triss and fighting it out with those guards would be entirely out of character for Geralt regardless how you role-play him.

you are forgetting she asked him to do it

The choice between 1 and 3 (on Dragonbird's list) does make sense, after all, Dandelion is needed to find Ciri, and it was Triss' idea to help Geralt by letting the witch hunters torture her (which she could stop as soon as Menge gave away the information, since the dimeritium shackles were fake). But using that for monetary gain instead (choice 2) is bad.

The choice between 1 and 3 (on Dragonbird's list) does make sense, after all, Dandelion is needed to find Ciri, and it was Triss' idea to help Geralt by letting the witch hunters torture her (which she could stop as soon as Menge gave away the information, since the dimeritium shackles were fake). But using that for monetary gain instead (choice 2) is bad.

I still can't see him allowing that to happen regardless the circumstances or what he believes she or he might be able to stop.

1) Something like the let Triss be tortured scenario goes against his moral code. Granted, he's no knight in shining armor, but...

2) Geralt's seen too many plans go awry. And with someone like Triss involved, whose fate or health hinges on those plans, I think no way would he risk it. If she were a stranger, maybe. Maybe. But even then, he would have had to exhaust ever other option and there were other avenues for learning about Dandelion and Ciri at that point.

Last edited:
I still can't (knowing what I do about Geralt's character) see him allowing that to happen regardless the circumstances.

1) While no knight in shining armor, something like that goes against his moral code.

2) Geralt's seen too many plans go awry. And with someone like the fate or health of Triss hinging on those plans? No way would he risk it. If she were a stranger, maybe. Maybe. But even then, he would have had to run out of all other options and there were other avenues for learning about Dandelion and Ciri at that point.

you have a choice... its up to you what you actually do...

Top Bottom