Countdown on playgwent.com/ : Could it be...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
...an expansion? Speculate!
(You can see a grey sky or fog and two shadows/bodies in it on the right side. Reminds me of Death Stranding artwork, but maybe foglets?)

Looks promising but it would be a strange marketing strategy considering they only revealed one Card Art until now, I kind of expected them to announce the Expansion a lot earlier (2 weeks before release) this time and offer some kind of pre-order Pack considering all the new mobile and Steam Players.

The launch of the reworked Arena Mode could also be possible or to just remind us when the new Season starts like Draconifors already said, but the foggy picture kind of gives me hope for a monster Dagon weather archetype.

Last edited:
But "Merchants of Ofir" came without marketing, too. And it worked great, I was more hyped than by any other expansion before, just trying out new cards for myself.

Looks promising but it would be a strange marketing strategy considering they only revealed one Card Art until now, I kind of expected them to announce the Expansion a lot earlier (2 weeks before release) this time and offer some kind of pre-order Pack considering all the new mobile and Steam Players.

The launch of the reworked Arena Mode could also be possible or to just remind us when the new Season starts like Draconifors already said, but the foggy picture kind of gives me hope for a monster Dagon weather archetype.

They revealed a card art? Where?

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't think the expansion will be released in 3 days. Slama in one of his podcast or dev stream mentioned that, though Gwent Partners will not be involved in Closed PTR for expansions, they will be used for revealing cards. And I hardly think they will reveal 70 cards in 3 days. If they do, it is awesome, but I don't think so. So, my best guess? Probably the expansion trailer will be released in 3 days. Next best guess, some new game mode or mechanics (something like Journey or Arena rework) will be available in 3 days. But anything with a timer is awesome. So, fingers crossed.

They mentioned in the last Dev stream that they will have a bigger marketing campaign this time (if i remember correctly).
So the timer probably for the trailer of the next expansion similar to the Novigrad expansions.
Also Dagons finally coming back! :cry:

@rrc So the question is, what will they show to us today? I didn't watch previous Opens, but I've heard that they never showed any leak on Day 1... So today, they have something really cool for us, probably :) If it's not the trailer, I'll be quite dissapointed..

1.png

Skellige!

But no trailer or anything.

Last edited:
What they did with Merchants was terrible. I wish they would announce expansions at least a month in advance like other games do for a reason... Gives us time to plan resource management and also to hype properly.

they don't do season ending countdowns

Not typically. But they do make changes at the beginning of the new season. The best result is the expansion releases. The worst result is no news whatsoever and the countdown is just a end of the season thing (basically they troll us.) the most likely is an expansion trailer with a release date and a link where they will already have some new cards on display with more being released for viewing every day until expansion launch.

they don't do season ending countdowns
Yeah, and the Open casters kept hyping it way too much for it to be something as common (12 times a year) as that.

There's what looks like some guy floating in the gray, and a second shape as well. I tried to peer at the second one but it just looks like some, well, shape. (Which OP already mentioned. Oh well. :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom