Cyberpunk 2020 Daily Facts Conversation Thread!

+
For perspective, in 2020 the average household wage in America, according to Home of the Brave, is about 3200 eb
per year.

So if you are thinking you - you, IRL - could afford TT in 2020? Not likely. Unless you turn to a life of, ah, expedient innovation!

This is very interesting (and appreciated), but wouldn't it be more confortable to have all of this in the same thread so that it's easier to follow?

Just so as not to interrupt the beautiful flow of the 2020 Countdown Posts, this is for discussion of said Facts and Countdown.

Ah, the ChainRipp:

Who doesn't love this thing?!

Interface plugs! Ubiquitous yet vital part of the modern cyborg!

From the novel "Hardwired" by Walter Jon Williams, a fundamental influence on 2020 ( and a 2020 sourcebook!) here is an image of the two protagonists. You can clearly see Cowboy's plugs, of which he is quite proud, having been a combat flyer.

Here is a 2020 image, using wrist plugs:

Eyes.JPG

In Night City, they are not only a vital part of your gear setup, but also a part of your style accessory package, like a smartphone. In other parts of the world, they may be a negative social value. In poorer places, they are commonly sported by chipheads, wireheads - braindance addicts.

In this 2077 image, you can see the interface cables running into the back of the Netrunners head:

Zoom.JPG

Tiny little cat ears? Siiiiiigh. Why, J? Why?

Last edited:
You also can see them in V's wrist when she plugs into the target at the scavenger apartment.

All I want now is a bat with cyber-implants that play the Batman (1989) movie theme.
Of course it might mess with the whole echo location thing ... hmmmm ...

And from R.Talsorian's Chromebook One :

The Alpha:

The Aquarius:

The Gemini - think Ghost in the Shell

The Dragoon:
Wheeee! Such power!

"It's like standing next to a 7-foot-tall steel encased cannon-toting basket case. Give me a good old fashioned armed nuclear weapon any day." -Sergeant James R Teal.

Last edited:
This takes me back, I remember wanting to become a Borg in a game of 2020 I was playing because I'd already gotten so much cyber I figured I may as well go all the way lol (I only had 1 point of empathy remaining) but the GM wouldn't allow it because it basically strips you of your humanity entirely causing you to go cyber psycho.

We did fight a dragoon later on in the campaign and it kicked all our metals butts lol those things are crazy strong.

There is one level sillier than a Dragoon, although I always felt it jumped the shark in terms of Cyberpunk setting to over-the-top Sci-Fi:

Full Conversion Borg in Powered Armour. DaiOni, from Arasaka.

Of course, it loses the mobility and versatility of FBR and the humanity of "mere" PA...but if you want to kill something, yeah. I give you the 12 foot tall 2 metric tonne deathmachine that is the Daioni.

Don't bother running - you'll just die tired.

In the PnP I run, one of the players, near death, was injected by a friend with Black Lace. Cue Archer-like "Rampage!!!!" action for the rest of the session. One-arming an Assault 12, leaping into enemy fire while laughing maniacally. Quite amusing.

Now, of course, he's permanently damaged, but at the time....very fun!

I wonder what specific cyberwear will be in 2077 and how it will be stated out compared to the original books.
More specifically I'm wondering about ArmorWeave from the exotics section of Chrome 2. I think it is one of the more interesting bioware items and pretty awesome armor.

tsh77769

In the PnP I run, one of the players, near death, was injected by a friend with Black Lace. Cue Archer-like "Rampage!!!!" action for the rest of the session. One-arming an Assault 12, leaping into enemy fire while laughing maniacally. Quite amusing.

Now, of course, he's permanently damaged, but at the time....very fun!
Ouch!

Top Bottom