#CountdownToTheDarkFuture - September: The 4th Corporate War!

+
No corp is going to invest that much for that long.

Well, it depends on the corps main activity domain. If it's military operations, be they covert, overt, defence, assault, spec ops, black ops, you name it and if successful enough they Will expand and include more and more military capabilities like navies or airforce even nuclear arsenals ;). Which, by then, their sticks will be bigger than.. 90% (?) of nations.

Due to some technical issues yesterday, we couldn't post fact 262. So, today you get days 262 and 263 of #countdowntothedarkfuture!

Three strike teams assemble for the assault on Arasaka Towers. In the original adventure, the player characters were Strike Team Beta.
Countdown091919.jpg
Countdown092019.jpg

The major event linking 2020, RED and 2077 history. The Fourth Corp War changed nearly everything in the Cyberpunk setting.

I really hoped that CW4 aftermath would be more logical. A mininuke destroyed Arasaka Tower (probably not totally, because, using some secret plot device vapourized Johnny's body was recovered), the rubble devastated city center and... Killed more people than all nuclear weapons ever detonated plus All wars after WW2 :) It just impossible. I know it's fiction but there are no dragons in Cyberpunk so there souldn't be Alien Space Bats either.

Politicians lie?
:eek::eek::eek:

Nah... They just tell their version of truth. In that case they are 100% right and honest. It was Arasaka's nuke that went boom. They just failed to tell the people that the black ops might or might not have brought another nuke into the building. Potatoe - Potato :)
I wonder about reality check. The world gets the news that a rouge corp not only had an access to nukes but used one. It won't end well to most corps. There would be some aggressive audit from pissed of governments and even some corps.
The world is in a turmoil, granted. But it would be even better excuse for the power that be to go off the books.
I can't wait for CP Red to see what's the world in 2045.

Top Bottom