Counter Cards

+
Counter Cards

Mechanics like "Ambush" or "Locking" cannot be countered (as far as I know), once they are out the opponent can do nothing against them. I think this is rather unfair, there should be a way to remove or reveal Ambush cards as well as removing a Lock on a creature, same way there are multiple ways to counter weather or buffing.

How about "locking" would lock also ambush cards in a way that they are never revealed as long as they are locked?

Also, Dimetirium Bomb could in addition to reset to basestrength also remove all locks. Thoughts?

Not sure about Dbomb being able to remove lock
wasting dbomb like that will be a total waste

but i agree that we need more cards to deal with Ambush and Lock

The only way currently to counter Ambush cards are with ST funnily enough, and even then she's a Silver (Morenn). There's definitely going to be cards that will stop traps/non revealed cards in the future I'm sure - we might even see them in the next patch.. Ooo.. Merge it with Blizzard Potion(?). Can't comment too much on Locking, as far as I know there's only 3 cards that can use it and I've not seen any played so far.

You're giving up a Gold or Silver card for the option to use it mind, I'd much rather run removal as they'll no doubt be res'd anyways.
Scoia'tael: Ithlinne
Neutral: Cleaver
Nilfgaard: Auckes.

Last edited:
Counter to some ambush cards are passing, or playing strong enough units. Just play around it. Its weakness is his non existing strength.

KasumiGoto;n7743230 said:
Pretty sure you can remove Lock with Decoy.
One single silver card most decks can only play once and which original purpose is usually for something different. But it's a start, I actually wasn't aware of that and might use it in the future. But what I'd really wish for is some sort of unlock on a unit, not a special purpose card like BP for weather.

The issue with Ambush stays though, you don't now if a unit gets damaged, a special card countered or units get buffed at the end. And it's okay that you don't know because that's the whole point of playing Ambush. But there still should be a way to deal with them imo.

Last edited:
Well there is one answer to lock (Decoy) but also Lock may be applied at max 3 times (NG Aukes, Cleaver and Decoy on on of them) or 5 times(Sciotael Iltihne , Cleaver , Cleaver Decoyed ,Cleaver Decoyed via Natures Gift and Ilthne Eithned). Ambush cards currently has no answer but i think silver special "Reval all ambushes" or Gold unit with ability to destroy all ambushes could be okay. Proble is that only Scioteal runs ambushes so theese cards would be useles in other matchups. So there are 2 options: either add neutra/other faction ambushes or add a card with a choice like reveal ambush card OR buff unit by 4 for example

Top Bottom