Covenant of Steel + Sukrus Combo

+
Just played a game were a player dropped a Covenant of steel. Its a defender so it blocks the whole row. It was berserk and had an extra armor charge. I took over 7 charges to it with the Cintrian spell weaver. Covenant of Steels value stayed the same. No armor or anything lost. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a bug?

Moderator's note: updated the topic and moved to gameplay for further discussions.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's gotta be one of the most cheesy moves in the game, Sukrus+defender.

Must have been it..

Payus

Forum regular
Just purify the defender. Problem solved.

Or move him, poison him, use aoe effects... this combo is pretty bad. I've tried it a few times and had no lasting effect. Maybe in a couple of matchups that don't run any control its ok, but OP? How come it's op yet it is rarely seen, used or complained about?

Or move him, poison him, use aoe effects... this combo is pretty bad. I've tried it a few times and had no lasting effect. Maybe in a couple of matchups that don't run any control its ok, but OP? How come it's op yet it is rarely seen, used or complained about?
I got to pro rank using this combo a few seasons back. It has counters but it's still dumb as heck. Imo the only reason it's tolerated is because removal is also OP.

Payus

Forum regular
Of all the times I've faced this combo only once did I not have an answer. In the current meta having plenty of poison, kotahis/yenvos, Gremists, Kalksteins, Vincents, etc etc etc... makes this combo more of a meme than a serious threat.

This combo looks (and probably is) broken but it is also not that strong. It doesn't give you that much points or tempo and SK doesn't have a lot of engines that need to be protected (priests, drakkars and turtle can take some hits). You usually can ignore it and just out-tempo your opponent.

when defenders first were announced this is exactly what I was doing the first week. then purify was exploding and movement, poison etc. it's def op at times but overall bad strategy most the time. I would run it in second wind and do the combo twice for fun. blew out of NR ping decks which was fun.

Top Bottom